ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Cheers fella!

Need to crack on with mine

Also, anthracite for the brace imo or gloss black
The paint thats on it now is all damaged so it 100% needs doing so might look into one of them colours

I will get a video up soon of the car in the dry. Im really happy with it because in the dry you get no wheel spin. well a tiny bit but not much

Last edited:
you can get a battery terminal off a BMW, old school one, look in burps or my thread....

Goes nicely in the bay and lets all the positives connect at one tidy point....

IMG_6123.jpg

IMG_6130.jpg

Ryan keeps mithering me to get another one from the scrapyard for him.....meh!

£50+Postage for the service ;)

I think mine was from an old 6 series, massive thing where the bonnet opens like a Mk1 clio....but quite a lot of the old ones have them apparently, not sure where Burp got his from.....local scrapyard hunting required!

yeah i fort so i have seen it a few times because my ex lives behind on mather close and i live on corronation road behind the tesco on warmingham lane lol

carl

A

ashy_gtt

Amazing nothing wrong with it at all well there is a small boost leak but i cant find where its coming from. Its only losing me 15 bhp lol. Benn worth every penny.

I don't understand this mate, if you've got a boost leak then you are still making the same power as you would without! OK you might have a slight loss as your turbo is working harder to make that boost so getting hotter.

But your actuator is still holding the boost level that you've set it at isnt it? 250bhp at 14psi with a boost leak would still be 250bhp at 14psi without a boost leak?

Only thing is you are overworking your turbo and depending on the size of your leak you will reduce the life of the unit.

I don't understand this mate, if you've got a boost leak then you are still making the same power as you would without! OK you might have a slight loss as your turbo is working harder to make that boost so getting hotter.

But your actuator is still holding the boost level that you've set it at isnt it? 250bhp at 14psi with a boost leak would still be 250bhp at 14psi without a boost leak?

Only thing is you are overworking your turbo and depending on the size of your leak you will reduce the life of the unit.
On the rollers you could hear it leaking and the boost dropped alot faster than normal. Fixed it now as far as i know now. It was blowing the air temp sensor out

A

ashy_gtt

On the rollers you could hear it leaking and the boost dropped alot faster than normal. Fixed it now as far as i know now. It was blowing the air temp sensor out

You could hear the boost leak whilst it was on the rollers? Did you have your head in the engine bay :S

I araldited my temp sensor in on day 1!! Are you still using the std map sensor? glue that fecker in too!!

You could hear the boost leak whilst it was on the rollers? Did you have your head in the engine bay :S

I araldited my temp sensor in on day 1!! Are you still using the std map sensor? glue that fecker in too!!
I didnt have my head in the bay but the guy at rstuning did. Not standard map sensor no. The temp sensor is ok now. Its been fine for 8000 miles so wasnt that bad

Just thought i would update this. Iv bort a boost controller and its not set to 1.1 bar making 290bhp :) need to sort the body work out now. Iv spent alot of time on the engine and needs to look better again :)

182, turbo rx8, 911
Which boost controller have you gone for. Good work on the turbo, a lot of issues but at least you have it up and running with some decent power. 1.1 bar is quite a bit of boost! I've recently turbo'd my rx8 and ucky me only needed 8 psi for another 120 hp :D

Going to Brands Hatch on the Renault track day on the 27th so will get to see the difference between last time i went on track and now. Need to get some good videos up and some good pics.

Evo 8 MR
Running at 16 psi of boost and its doing 291 bhp with 275 ftlb of torque. :) When did you hear the car lol pm me if you think its better or reply in my turbo thread.

291bhp!!? Oh my days, I thought it would be around 220 but damn!!
Heard it en route to fcs down the dual carriageways after coming off the motorway, what zorst system have you got, I assume it's full stainless steel?

Not surprised the box has gone though lol with that much power, bet you have to have careful throttle control I imagine you could destroy a lot of boxes by slamming the power on too quick.