ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Started a new thread the other was abit all over the show. Just ordered all the bits will be taking engine out on Saturday will get some pics to keep you up to date. Booked in at RSTuning too for the 16th :)

This is going to be crazy lol

Would it be better getting ITB's with Wild cams for about £4500 or a Turbo for £5000 (Not sure how much it's gonna cost to fit so didn't put it in)? This isn't a dig btw, I'm thinking about this for next year.... want usuable power though and I've been told anything over 220bhp in a front wheel drive car is where it starts to go downhill.

This is going to be crazy lol

Would it be better getting ITB's with Wild cams for about £4500 or a Turbo for £5000 (Not sure how much it's gonna cost to fit so didn't put it in)? This isn't a dig btw, I'm thinking about this for next year.... want usuable power though and I've been told anything over 220bhp in a front wheel drive car is where it starts to go downhill.
I dunno how much it would have cost to fit. ktec wanted bout 2000 for fitting.

Need abit of help how do you get the drive shaft off on the drivers side???

Here is abit of a update went to get some bits this morning like engine stand etc. then got to taking the engine out.

First i took the bumper off and lights:-
04102008110.jpg

Then i took the rad out the beam above:-
04102008111.jpg

Next took wires pipes etc off dint think there would be so many on a car lol:-
04102008112.jpg

Finely came to lifting the engine out was a very tight fit.
04102008113.jpg

04102008114.jpg

and the engine out of car :p
04102008117.jpg

04102008118.jpg

Sorry bout the pics i had to use my phone. Not very good at making project threads.

Tomorrow engine will be fully stripped down ready for the new stuff to be put on.

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Nice one ryan!!!! How long are you looking at to have it completely done on your side of the work that needs doing ?

Nice one ryan!!!! How long are you looking at to have it completely done on your side of the work that needs doing ?
Has to be working and on the road by the 16th coz its going into rstuning then.

Right here is abit more of a update took cambelt off cams are now out need to take the head off an pistons out in abit :)

Here afew pics:-

05102008123.jpg

05102008122.jpg

05102008121.jpg

One last update for the day.

Had abit of a accident oops :)
05102008124.jpg

Had the stand on the sump so had to move it, then turned the engine the other way an took the sump off.
05102008125.jpg

05102008126.jpg

Tomorrow all the bits should be here then its old pistons out new ones in:)

Stage 2 172 Turbo
Looking good mate, are you getting the bores re-honed before you fit the new pistons and rings?

Looking good mate, are you getting the bores re-honed before you fit the new pistons and rings?
No was told it will be ok do you think i should?? been told its not really old enough an not done the miles

LY 182
the bores will want honing really, its not dependant on the miles its done,, the cross hatch pattern on the bores is what helps bed the new rings in/get the most efficient seal

As above, i wouldnt fit new pistons without honing the bores IMO.
Not got a choice now got standard rings. Been told by mate that fits them all time that mine wont need doing not old enough and not done the miles.

Can he see through your block :) f**k id love to have his eyes :):)

You can still use the rings youve bought, all it does is re hone the bore, gives the rings something to bed into. Best thing to do is take pics for us to see once you take pistons out, we will be able to tell then straight away :)