ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Can he see through your block :) f**k id love to have his eyes :):)

You can still use the rings youve bought, all it does is re hone the bore, gives the rings something to bed into. Best thing to do is take pics for us to see once you take pistons out, we will be able to tell then straight away :)
I would need new rings if i honed it. He does engines that have done 500,000 miles that dont need honeing :) train engine but still :p

Dont need to be honed got head off and pistons out looks like new in there. Can still see where it was last done. Will post some pics later will use a better camra.

ITB'd MK1
As above, i wouldnt fit new pistons without honing the bores IMO.
Not got a choice now got standard rings. Been told by mate that fits them all time that mine wont need doing not old enough and not done the miles.

you can still use standard rings if you hone the bores, just a simple glaze bust with a bobble hone tool at least is the minimum you should be doing. it removes minimal material, but if you dont do it the rings wont bed in anything like as quickly. would be a silly mistake not to do it IMO

It dont need doing been told it would runin the bore if i did coz its got a very good bore at the min

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mint!

PM me your mobile number fella, i think i only have your old one. I'd like to see this sometime and i'm up around your area tomorrow for my exhaust!

C

clvs2222

are you the one who posted this on ZSOC aswell? theres someone who has got a thread running on there about doing the turbo conversion. aint had the time to look at it yet though.

Took the block to crewe engines before they looked at it as said they can do it but they wouldnt do it any better that it is already. Iv got a pic of the bore will put it up in abit.

are you the one who posted this on ZSOC aswell? theres someone who has got a thread running on there about doing the turbo conversion. aint had the time to look at it yet though.
Ye thats my thread lol

called in before for some pics...

IMG_6306.gif

IMG_6309.gif

IMG_6317.gif

IMG_6318.gif

IMG_6326.gif

IMG_6333.gif

more soon...

RS 172
Nice project dude! Look forward to seeing the finished product!
All those boxes and bubble wrap, looks like christmas has come early!!

BMW M135i
The bores will still look like that after 100k but the useful edge of the honing is gone. Your an idiot/madman to put that together without getting it honed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sorry i couldn't pop in today Ryan... i was longer than i thought at JP.

I'm having it fitted on Monday, so i could pop in then?

The bores will still look like that after 100k but the useful edge of the honing is gone. Your an idiot/madman to put that together without getting it honed.
Can people stop going on about honing.

BMW M135i
ignorance is bliss i guess. do you not think that with several people saying the same thing that it might be worth looking into? only trying to help.

mate people are trying to help/advise you on this build, it seems you dont want to take advise witch is a shame:(

that i/c is far to small IMO, certainly id like to know your charge temps with 300 hp...

all the best with the build tho:cool:

mate people are trying to help/advise you on this build, it seems you dont want to take advise witch is a shame:(

that i/c is far to small IMO, certainly id like to know your charge temps with 300 hp...

all the best with the build tho:cool:
I dint choose the size its part of the stage 2 k-tec kit. An i took the advise from the first person that said it and got it checked.

Bit more of a update
Fitted all the pistons:-
07102008132.jpg

07102008133.jpg

07102008134.jpg

Need to change the valve seals, fit the intercooler, fit the oil cooler. fit the battery in the boot of the car, fit head, put new cambelt on. Loads :)

im not only on about honing......but if ''k-tec'' supplyed the I/C it gonna be the daddy, nobody no's f**k all:rolleyes:

I think what he means is just because Ktec supply, doesnt mean its right, cost over functionality

For 300bhp it is a little small. What boost does the kit run?
Not a clue until paul sets it up. Its alot bigger than on the pic.

im not only on about honing......but if ''k-tec'' supplyed the I/C it gonna be the daddy, nobody no's f**k all:rolleyes:
Dont get what you mean by that mate????:S

all I'm saying mate is take advise from time to time, were only trying to help you keep the build as smooth as poss. if k-tec supply you the parts all good, this doesn't mean there the most efficient

lot of people have had turbo'd cars on here, myself included, you will get issues, to witch were trying to advise you on:)

I'm not having a go mate, please take it as constructive criticism....just keep an eye on charge temps......TBH i would be worried about the size of the cooler....asp if your planning on running circa 300hp