ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tunepoint and Iphone6

I have one of the original tunepointswhich has served me really well over the years but I've upgraded to an Iphone 6 so the connector no longer fits.

Does anyone know of its possible to get a new smaller connector wire from Renault or if I'm going to have to bin the tunepoint for something else?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'm not sure of the connector you needed but would it work out cheaper to get one of these?

lightningto30pinadapte-100008727-large.png

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If it's the same as mine, can't you just swap the USB cable out for the new lightening cable?

I'm not sure of the connector you needed but would it work out cheaper to get one of these?

lightningto30pinadapte-100008727-large.png

I tried a cheap version of one of these adaptors but didn't work, would charge the phone but the music was a go. Genuine apple be any better, anyone had any experience?
If it's the same as mine, can't you just swap the USB cable out for the new lightening cable?

Is your tunepoint the little black box type?

Sounds like it then, there's a slot for a mini din connection which is what I've been using and when attempting to use the USB connector I just get an error message and it skips back to the FM radio.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I tried a cheap version of one of these adaptors but didn't work, would charge the phone but the music was a go. Genuine apple be any better, anyone had any experience?

Is your tunepoint the little black box type?

Think so mate, there's been problems with third party Lightning connections since iOS 7... I'd always go genuine. I bought mine from eBay to save a fiver. Mine works fine with music.