ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TROPHY #381, NEW OWNER, PROJECT THREAD

RS6 C7
Well i picked it up yesterday with some decent mods in place.

The spec is currently:
Scorpion RS192 stainless exhaust with De-cat.
ITG Panel filter.
Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5w 50 oil.
Rear tyres Pirelli P Zero Nero (6mm).
Front tyres Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (4mm).
Sachs dampers with recent refurb at BG motorsport at Silverstone.
New 197 Steering wheel in very good condition with working CC buttons.
New style RS badge
Eibach camber bolts – full geometry setup with -2 degrees front camber.
AST Solid top mounts.
New Brembo HC discs and ferodo pads
Braided front lines
Dot 4.1 brake fluid
New rear pads.
Very clean Recaro Trendline seats.
Carbon Front Splitter (slightly cracked).
Variable Wiper stalk upgrade.

As i bought it:
7718126688_2a2ddc3c39_b.jpg

I picked it up knowing it was a cat D, It needs some paint on the drivers side as it's faded where it was originally repaired. The main thing is that mechanically it's sound, Both belts, new brakes & recent damper refurb. Iv'e bought it mainly as a track car but after spending the day driving it today i was suprised at just how well they go. It really is a fun car to drive although on a long journey I would still take my Audi ;)

The turinis have come off today to get refurbed and iv'e put a set of freshly refurbed Oz f1's on. I thought it would look rediculous with them fitted but I really like it so they may stay for a while as it also drives marginally better on 15's.

I will probably get the paint sorted but not for a while as it's not mega noticable. The plan is to just enjoy and fix a couple of minor issues.

As it sits now(looks like a tank as it was just jacked up in this pic) Sits lower now after the suspension had settled.
bgygi008.jpg

bgygi006.jpg

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Ill be keeping an eye on this young man. Happy with it? If u decide to sell the seats give me a call!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It looks like something Crusty the clown would drive. Will look forward to seeing it with the proper wheels back on it.

It makes me warm inside knowing that with 99% certainty, I sold this car when it was new. :D

RS6 C7
It's great to drive Chris ! Haven't touched the Audi since.

Ive found someone to sort the paint so might get that done around Xmas. Really pleased with it :)

hows the RB?

RS6 C7
It looks like something Crusty the clown would drive. Will look forward to seeing it with the proper wheels back on it.

It makes me warm inside knowing that with 99% certainty, I sold this car when it was new. :D

they are at the refurbers now :) it looks better in the flesh though, crappy iPhone pics :(

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Does it not make u even warmer that i owned it?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yes. So warm i could ejaculate tbh.

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
It's great to drive Chris ! Haven't touched the Audi since.

Ive found someone to sort the paint so might get that done around Xmas. Really pleased with it :)

hows the RB?

good to hear mate. Im chuffed with the rb, sure its not a patch on the handling of the trophy, but at the end of the day its my commuting car, everything works, and it hasnt been crashed (to my knowledge). Need a photoshoot when u get it sorted.

RS6 C7
Sounds good to me :)

I haven't had chance to have a nice drive out in it as the weather has been a joke!

You should see the state of it at the minute :( giving it a winter protection over the weekend I think.

RS6 C7
I'm contemplating selling it :eek:

It's a great car and drives perfectly in every way but i never get round to driving it. I mainly bought it for track days but I'm so busy at work i doubt i will get the chance.

The money would get me a nice little van for work which would be far more useful. I'm hopeless with cars!

RS6 C7
Alot going on with this car now!

Sorted all the minor issues with it now, The ABS is fixed, Steering wheel airbag sorted & all lights now off on the dash after the little niggles were fixed.

Iv'e added our 25mm spacers to the front and will be fitting the 15mm's on the rear when i collect it from the garage,

So the list of goodies iv'e fitted / fitting:
Tpi polarized bolts,
15mm spacers
25mm spacers
Battery cover
Carbon side bullets
carbon 197 steering wheel badge
Ktec induction kit.

In the next few days & weeks:

Matched inlets
Carbon dash strips
Respray down the one side & may aswell get the door handles done at the same time
Metal gear knob.

The turinis are back on now! Thankfully!

Those blue F1'S are bright haha! , Fine for track though.
gjhgh003_zps9d856130.jpg

gjhgh001_zpse306b43d.jpg

RS6 C7
Well collected it today from the garage, Put a new battery on while it was there!

Straight into our garage to have the Ktec induction kit fitted:
gjgj001_zpsd50dfa09.jpg

Before:
gjgj002_zpse7872678.jpg

After:
gjgj005_zps169e39fe.jpg

Not the best fitting kit to be honest but it's fitted with a bit of effort..

Front 25mm spacers are fitted:
gjgj007_zpsea5d88ac.jpg

gjgj008_zps4b7eddea.jpg

I will fit the rear 15mm's when i get chance!