ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trip computer resetting every time car is turned off.

Megane 225 F1
The trip computer is resetting every time I turn the car off. How do I stop it from doing this?

Pissing me off because I want to know how many miles I've done since filling up lol.

Megane 225 F1
wallpaper-772825.jpg

Come on.

clio 172 phs 1
Mine does this everytime i start up and it is NOT the battery, strangely if i wait 5 seconds after i turn ignition on before starting it doesn't reset itself.......

Megane 225 F1
Funny how I post a pic of some girls ass and people reply.

<3 CS

New battery? f**k. Well it did have trouble starting up last week. Makes sense.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does this everytime i start up and it is NOT the battery, strangely if i wait 5 seconds after i turn ignition on before starting it doesn't reset itself.......

i bet it is, waiting 5 seconds is allowing the other electrical systems to start up first before you then crank the engine causing excess drain on the battery = reseting computer

FF 182
Mine does this too, does anyone know that a new battery fixes the issue?
If the were an excess drain on the battery causing the computer to reser, why doesn't it reset my clock and radio?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If the were an excess drain on the battery causing the computer to reser, why doesn't it reset my clock and radio?

It IS your battery mate 110% sure !!!!

PH1 172

mine used to do it, changed the battery and KAPOW it was fixed :)

PH1 172
110% your battery.....had it happen when I 1st bought the car, swapped it for a new one and all has been fine since (4+ years)

Clio 182 FF
Thanks alot for posting this question mate,as this keeps happening to mine that I purchased 4weeks ago and has started to do this last week and now my emmissions light has come on....

Megane 225 F1
I'm going to get a battery asap. Just waiting on my mate with a halfrauds trade card to come back home. Hopefully it will also sort the problem of starting up and then killing itself and then not starting that I had in the winter and again a few weeks ago.

Focus
Just to say also mine did this and it was my battery, changed it and the problem vanished!

can it be any other thing? mines started doing this fro last 4 months.. it struggles to turn over sometimes, as if it batterys dead.. resets trip computer etc. got a multimetre on it and the battery seems fine? i now try to park where i know i can let the car roll and jump start it as its refused to start at least 6 times in last 4 months, one where i was blocked between 2 cars :(

is it defo the battery? voltages seem fine though and once its jump started i can switch off literally 5 secs later and it'll contunue to start fine for the rest of that day and next week.. seems so random..

also after a few failed start attempted it stops starting full stop untill you kick start it, all electrics still work but it doesnt have enough power to turn over..

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you changed the battery, eggy ?!

Could be duff alternator not charging the battery.

When you say you've got a MM on the battery, when doing what ? Sitting there idling, off, cranking, revving...?

I'm going to bump this because I have the same problem. I'm yet to change the battery, but if I do, and that doesn't fix it, what next? Alternator? Fuses? I've only noticed it recently, but I do a lot of miles and what with the winter truly upon us, it might just be battery change time.

Mine is the original Renault one too :eek:

Any advice would be very much appreciated :D

Audi A3
battery mate.

mine was doing it every time id switch off, even for half an hour, few months later the battery died.

new battery and the problem has gone!

I'm going to bump this because I have the same problem. I'm yet to change the battery, but if I do, and that doesn't fix it, what next? Alternator? Fuses? I've only noticed it recently, but I do a lot of miles and what with the winter truly upon us, it might just be battery change time.

Mine is the original Renault one too :eek:

Any advice would be very much appreciated :D
Most places will check the battery is any good for free so if you change and still have the problem then it needed chnaging so there other issues as well.

If that doesnt fix it then check the alternator etc. There was a few cars which had dash fault but also check the earth point on the dashboard they cna be trouble.