ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

::Trend:: Obsession with Steeles...

PH.2 'berg 172
Recently I've noticed more & more cars with steeles, IMO i think they look awful on 99% of the cars I have seen, I don't see the appeal of this current trend? enlighten me? Is it just an essex thing or is it nationwide?

Josh

Listerine & Poledo
Steelies are great!

For any 1.2 owner thinking of alloys, they should just get a rattle can out and be proud of their steel. Turinis aren't the only answer

PH.2 'berg 172
Steelies are great!

For any 1.2 owner thinking of alloys, they should just get a rattle can out and be proud of their steel. Turinis aren't the only answer

I know they are not the only answer, but most I have seen haven't been sprayed etc. At least put some personality into them.

Listerine & Poledo
rat look? :)

Provided they aren't the colour of matte rust, then I'd say that's enough.

I had steels on my ooollllld corsa, started with some trims on them but then realised that they look better without them.

Sure, it doesn't take much effort to rattle-can them in...what? White? Black? Yellow? Green? Not every car is owned by people that want to look OMG ORSUM!

PH.2 'berg 172
rat look? :)

Provided they aren't the colour of matte rust, then I'd say that's enough.

I had steels on my ooollllld corsa, started with some trims on them but then realised that they look better without them.

Sure, it doesn't take much effort to rattle-can them in...what? White? Black? Yellow? Green? Not every car is owned by people that want to look OMG ORSUM!

The rat look is whole other story... That looks amazing when done properly.

The reason I posted this is because I was driving home from work few days a go and saw a nice mk 4 polo, with a custom paint job and it looked like a cream interior, with 50p stealies, could of at least coloured them. Everyone seems to be using steelies as a mod, but at least put some time into them...

Listerine & Poledo
Might be having their alloys refurbed or something?

Still, better mod than some on here.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Steels are where it's at;

36388010.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
106 steelies look mint, just in the process of hammeriting mine for the cup, ( winter rims )