ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trax 2009

Are you coming?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes. Nobody has said otherwise.

First off thank you to those who have posted up interest so far, much appreciated. It's important that we know who is coming as much of the administration of this event is down to me* so commitment is required from all.

I'm now pleased to announce that the club are officially attending this event
We will again be there proudly showing off our marquee, flags and banners. I think if given a good location we can really stand out and put some big name clubs to shame. Hopefully the weather will also be the same as FCS, i picked up a decent shade of lobster there!

Please read on for further and important details...

Deadline: 1st August 2009

Cost: Club Admission: £15.00

This includes Admittance and ClioSport stand pass.

Click Here To Purchase Trax Tickets

Discussion thread here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=435890

Additional Info:

All tickets will be sent out as soon as they arrive from the organisers.
This is likely to be two weeks before the event itself.

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me at Tom@cliosport.net (Subject TRAX)

*Maybe other admin as well, but mainly me.

Bus w**ker
Is the track time that's listed in the shop CS track time or general?
No CS track session as such mate, unless something has changed. However when the form is filled in, the person doing so can state that s/he would like X individual track sessions, for Y cars on Z different timed sessions.

So if there are 10 people doing track sessions and all wanting to try and get on at the same time it would be: 10 individual track sessions for 10 cars on 1 timed session. Future are usually quite good at getting everyone on at the same time. :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I'll defo be there in Project S13, I might also have a go at the 0-60 sprint and see how many seconds my sheds lost over the years :clown:
I'll be buying my ticket last day of the month though as thats payday...

ITB'd 182...
Didnt realise it was back this year ^^

Will it be under the bridges like the previous years and will you be able to buy on the day?

Da

Less
No CS track session as such mate, unless something has changed. However when the form is filled in, the person doing so can state that s/he would like X individual track sessions, for Y cars on Z different timed sessions.

So if there are 10 people doing track sessions and all wanting to try and get on at the same time it would be: 10 individual track sessions for 10 cars on 1 timed session. Future are usually quite good at getting everyone on at the same time. :)

Thanks for the clarification Symon :)

I need four tickets, just trying to decided whether or not to track her. Any personal experience of the Trax event? I went last year, but not on track.

Bus w**ker
No problem.

I'll be tracking. It's not good value for money but f**k it, it's only £30 and something to do. I've not done track time at Trax before though as I've usually been trackside taking pictures, but a lot of my friends have in the past and enjoyed it.

It's experience for me, so I can decide on whether I'd like to do a full day there in the future.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
If enough people buy track time i can 'Attempt' to sort a CS session and refund the difference. BUT this is highly unlikely.

So far we have less than 15 confirmed sales. Not brilliant.

Bus w**ker
If enough people buy track time i can 'Attempt' to sort a CS session and refund the difference. BUT this is highly unlikely.
TBH a CS session probably wouldn't work out to be cheaper, would need 30+ cars just to bring it down to below the cost of just buying a session normally...and I doubt that will happen lol. A mixed session is no biggie IMO and Future don't usually struggle to get people on the same time session.

I'd expect most people, myself included, to purchase at the end of the month.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
So would i. But i'd rather they did it now so i could Guesstimate numbers and secure a stand position.

Da

Less
I have bought four tickets, that should help the numbers!

Still deciding about track time tbh, will decide for definite next week.

M

mini-valver

£30 for a 15 minute tracksession with a shitload of knobheads? FLOL, yeah maaaaate.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yup, they have to be parked at the back away from the Clio's.

Members only is the only rule.

Bus w**ker
Stand location isn't usually sorted by Future until the night before the show. So it could end up being tarmac, gravel or grass lol. Luck of the draw mostly but stand size and how many times the club has shown there in previous years also seems to help swing a better location.

LY R26
sorry if already covered guys i've not read the full thread, with track time bought thru CS is it just allocated at a random time etc and we know when we get the ticket what time slot it is? as i will be buying some this fri.

Bus w**ker
Yeah it will be a random time picked by Future and in previous years the time of your session and all the information about it has been sent out with the tickets.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
As Sym0n says (lol) we don't know anything.

All i want to do is get a confirmed number of people and get our money into Future.
Trax is frustrating in the fact that we aren't confirmed until I send a cheque for the full amount of participants.

I could guess and do it now, but chances are I'd be wrong. (im expecting 75+)

Track time is the same, it won't be booked until the deadline.

So a quick warning.

The Deadline is TOTALLY final. If you do not order a ticket by then you wont be on the CS stand. There is nothing i can do about this. Its down to the way Trax is organised.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No.

nobody has had any contact with future. I phoned a couple of weeks ago but ian was away.

Bus w**ker
Some woman keeps ringing me, can't remember her name lol, just had an answer phone message from her this morning about making sure that the form and payment is in by the deadline so that they can get tickets sent out etc. Apart from some emails I've had no other contact with Ian this year, guess he got an assistant.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm not hugely impressed with the Trax setup.

But i guess it makes it easier for them.

Bus w**ker
AFAIK only FCS operates the way it does for club stands, shame as it's a lot easier for the clubs to organise but then, like you say, it's probably easier for them this way and no doubt saves them cash.

Titanium Clio 182
Some woman keeps ringing me, can't remember her name lol, just had an answer phone message from her this morning about making sure that the form and payment is in by the deadline so that they can get tickets sent out etc. Apart from some emails I've had no other contact with Ian this year, guess he got an assistant.

Amy Lucas perhaps?

Bus w**ker
Amy sounds about right I think, but then I could be getting her name confused with Abbie from Live. You know her?

Titanium Clio 182
Amy sounds about right I think, but then I could be getting her name confused with Abbie from Live. You know her?

Nah, don't know her as such, dealt with her in the past for Trax, when I ran Ka Klub.
You need her email address?

Bus w**ker
No ta mate, I've always been the contact for another club and plans have changed this year so I'm not organising the stand for them. Never heard of her though, always dealt directly with Ian, but I'll give her credit she's a lot more proactive than anyone from Future in previous years.