ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tracking or somit.

RenaultSport 182
Hi All,

I've only had my 182 3 weeks and its already been subject to an egg attack and key scraping. Now I think the tracking has gone :(

When I have the steering wheel spot on straight, the car drifts slightly left. When I turn slightly into the right the car goes plum forward.

Any ideas? Am I gonna have to take it into the garage?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Rick

Take it to a local tyre place and tell them your problem, they should be able to sort it out. Although I think cars are supposed to be set to drift very slightly to the left!?

Chocolate Bar™
just had my tracking done three times (f**king cowboys) and my car still drifts to the left when i let go of the wheel. however my tyres are shot, so hoping it may get better with some new rubber going on next week

if i put my steering wheel bang on then it drifts very slowly to the right, so think its steering alignment in my car more than tracking

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
^^^ are you heavy ? :) i was told the best plac to get your wheels alignned is at a bodyshop, as they can align them properly. unlike the humphries twasoks that are bosseyed inbread m'f's t***s..

CTR--VX220D
My steering wheel is tilted to the left - although if I let go it goes dead straight, so my allignment is correct - although the track rod ends need to be adjusted so that my steering wheel is dead centre.

Chocolate Bar™
do need mine properly sorting, but seeing as it costs about £70 for a proper full job i'll just put up with it until i fit some suspension and can warrant the expense lol

^^^ are you heavy ? :) i was told the best plac to get your wheels alignned is at a bodyshop, as they can align them properly. unlike the humphries twasoks that are bosseyed inbread m'f's tw*ts..
Nope few bodsy shops can do it right its not difficult to do it yourself and a back street garage even with cheap stuff is often better than dealers and bodyshops.
do need mine properly sorting, but seeing as it costs about £70 for a proper full job i'll just put up with it until i fit some suspension and can warrant the expense lol
Drop me a call if you want to DIY/beer me it.

Chocolate Bar™
oooo will do edde, nothing better than a bit of edde perfectionalism (is that even a word)