ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trackday derv??

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I know a certain someone selling a black ph1 lol. I don't think there is enough potential in the clio diesel to make it worth while.

I agree with this tbh, i think you're asking too much of a diesel where ultimatley you will be dissapointed.

I reckon you should just buy somthing for a grand, namely a VTS/GTi and go that route..?

Turbos.
Would be boring not being able to rev a car on track. Also, they spill diesel everywhere and sound s**t. Shouldn't be allowed on circuits!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I agree with this tbh, i think you're asking too much of a diesel where ultimatley you will be dissapointed.

I reckon you should just buy somthing for a grand, namely a VTS/GTi and go that route..?
What is it with you and that Citroen/Pug shite??

172 5HED
I was thinking a 172 TBH but needed the economy :(

Saw one on the bay with no MOT for 900 a ph one!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
people track savo vtr's and ZS fiestas so a dci 80 or 100 re mapped played with will be ample fun on and off the track IMO. just spend the money in the right places suspension and brakes. When i stripped my dci out the back end was very lively, lots of fun!

172 5HED
a 172 does over 40mpg on the motorway son!

Never knew this TBH mate!!! I will whip it down to you and we'll take off all the bits I dont need should I get one ;)

people track savo vtr's and ZS fiestas so a dci 80 or 100 re mapped played with will be ample fun on and off the track IMO. just spend the money in the right places suspension and brakes. When i stripped my dci out the back end was very lively, lots of fun!

Aye, I suppose! Once mines shifted its decison time;)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
£35 a year road tax, over 60MPG all day long. Not as noisy as people make out, if you strip it out the road noise will drown the engine noise out anyway. Decent of coilovers, good brakes and a remap will set you up nicely. If you get bored play with the engine and clutch more.

320d
a 172 does over 40mpg on the motorway son!

My ph1 will do mid 40's on the motorway driven sensibly.

Not as bad as you would think.

I'd rather have a 172 than dci. Can get a 172 a lot cheaper than a dci too. dci 100's don't go for less than £3500 for one in average condition.

Diesels as trackcars don't work, it will feel rubbish even if it's just from an aural and driver's perspective rather than actual performance. Might feel fantastic on the road, but on track you want revs!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
seriously no... would be a waste of time and money, buy a cheap track car! On some trackdays having such a slow car will make you a rolling road block!