ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricardo's 200EDC

All the sale gubbins is done and now just the small matter of picking this up next weekend. It came up for sale last week and knowing what's been done to this and how well it's been put together it was hard to say no. I've been away from the Renaultsport scene for nearly 18 months for various reasons, and to be fair if this hadn't have come up for sale when it did I would have carried on with life without the need. So now I can slowly get back into the swing of meet ups, cars n coffee, trackdays etc. It's good to be back 😊
sketch-1637794549659.png
sketch-1637794518915.png

Spec list:
2014 EDC 200T Lux
320bhp 285 ftlb of torque
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Modified inlet and turbo cold side outlet.
Custom K&N filter with direct cold feed
Proalloy Intercooler
Proalloy Radiator
Complete Inoxcar turbo back exhaust, legal sportcat, extra mid box silencer.
Lower yellow torque mount
£4000’s worth of AST custom suspension, with not just height, but adjustable rebound damping and separate fast and low speed compression damping all fully adjustable.
Clio 220 steering rack
Brembo four pot conversion
Bimetallic RS discs and Ferodo pads.
Cup racer wheels in red, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s.
Black cup racer wheels with Michelins
Phase 2 220 front end with cold feed and mesh instead of the flag lights.
Pure Vision headlights
Elia front splitter

Mechanically it's perfect, everything has been done with tried and tested products. Style wise there will be 2-3 changes, other than that this page will be updated as a progress thread.

I stayed with 205s but it'll probably be the last time.

The price and the lack of availability of top end rubber ruins it

Thanks for the positive response 😊

The journey goes on, small changes but IMO making big impacts. I feel it's all tying up nicely now, the Clio almost looks complete. The red bits over time just didn't work for me, it looked too fragmented. It's a car, not a racecar or dedicated trackday car, it now looks like something clean and tidy in appearance. Even seeing it back on the red Cup wheels trackday ready at Blyton took the edge off it for me so I'm sure they'll be going up for sale with the Cup 2s on and will keep the black Cup wheels as a winter wheel.

220 Trophy wheels, I wanted something different. Black is OE and done, even the option 200 colour with a tinge of grey was out. No, they're going silver with a touch of fleck. Tidy, clean, understated, and with the right drop, would work. @MrBlonde sorted the powder coating on the wheels and had the new Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted too. We literally fitted the wheels with new wheel studs Thursday night so they were ready for CSF22.

Now that episode is done and they're on I can take things at a more leisurely pace, there's more to do. It's not finished but it's getting there.
DSC_3949~4.JPG
DSC_3952~3.JPG
DSC_3952~2-01.jpeg

Car looked great, I was meaning to come over for a natter but didn't get chance, hopefully next time!
I'm also a massive fan of the red too.

Now I'm sat here debating a black roof and smaller front plate.

Car looked great, I was meaning to come over for a natter but didn't get chance, hopefully next time!
I'm also a massive fan of the red too.

Now I'm sat here debating a black roof and smaller front plate.
Always a next time! I did spot your car parked near the main arena. There was so much post Covid catching up to do with many people then the stints out on track.

To do list:
Re wrap the roof in high gloss but miss out the section that runs along the A pillar to the spoiler. Now the silver wheels are on, that part of the roof is dominating the overall look of the car. I think it'll look much cleaner in side angled photos out and about.

Genuine shark fin aerial.

The last minute dash to fit the wheels in time for CSF22 meant I left the original wheel studs on the back wheels. They will be swapped out to the same as the fronts so they all match.

220 rear LED lights, when they're on it will pretty much look 220 exterior wise

Black pack Renaultsport rear badge and RS badge which will replace the front RS badge below the diamond.

Then, just enjoy it as and when I feel like taking it out for a drive 😊😎

Sourced all the later LED rear lights on Ebay and they arrive Monday latest. Last year I bought the wiring harness to convert them just in case so that's now come in handy as it was a limited run.

Official Blyton pics are in, and reinforces the fact that silver 220 wheels work.

KF1_4003.jpg

KF1_4011.jpg

KF1_4013.jpg
KF1_2812.jpg
IMG-20220720-WA0024.jpg
KF1_2810~2.jpg

Sourced all the later LED rear lights on Ebay and they arrive Monday latest. Last year I bought the wiring harness to convert them just in case so that's now come in handy as it was a limited run.

Official Blyton pics are in, and reinforces the fact that silver 220 wheels work.

View attachment 1603961
View attachment 1603966
View attachment 1603962View attachment 1603963View attachment 1603965View attachment 1603964
Silver 220 wheels look SO good! To the point I'm wondering what they'd look like on LY....

Something I've wanted to have done for a while is having the roof wrap done differently, the roof itself is ok but it's the section on the sides that run from the back and right down the A pillars. Thankfully someone I've known for years in the Renault scene decided to set up in the wrapping business full time earlier this year after juggling it on the sidelines for years while also working for Renault full time.

Based in Bury St Edmunds, Mark set up b:spoke and after a few messages it was booked in. Old aerial removed which showed they'd wrapped around it 👌, old wrapped removed, new Hexis gloss black applied, genuine shark fin fitted. And as a bonus Mark also removed the chrome badges off the tailgate and fitted the option blackpack Renaultsport badge on.

Now, I'm really happy with the look. It gives the impression of the Clio being white in some angles with just the square section of roof in black which doesn't overpower the look of the car.
DSC_4394~3.JPG
DSC_4398~2.JPG
DSC_4402~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4434~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4430~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4409~2-01.jpeg
DSC_4437~2-01.jpeg

Looks so clean Rich. Nicely done.
Thanks mate, really appreciate it. It needs a deep clean, it's been sitting around outside for so long without any tlc. It deserves better.

We also need a small group car n coffee morning meet we've all not had a catch up for ages.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it. It needs a deep clean, it's been sitting around outside for so long without any tlc. It deserves better.

We also need a small group car n coffee morning meet we've all not had a catch up for ages.
100%. Long overdue a meeting up mate.
Lets get the boys together for some breakfast.

A year today I headed up to Durham to collect the Clio, not used it since the roof wrap 5 weeks ago so a drive out. Still need to fit the 220 rear lights and must book it in for a service. She's been absolutely spot on, not used much but nice to have it there as and when ☺️
DSC_3031~2-01.jpeg

DSC_4574~4-01.jpeg

Does look great there mate. You've done the right choices so far (I still liked the red but this is more subtle and works great)

Does look great there mate. You've done the right choices so far (I still liked the red but this is more subtle and works great)
Cheers mate, oh was thinking of you the other day as I've caught the front splitter and put a couple of small cracks on it. I was wondering if it's something you'd be able to fix at your place of work.

Maybe mate. I take it you'd want it laminated from the rear? Damaged the paint also I presume?
It doesn't look painted it looks matt, I'll have to sort some pics and send em over. Wasn't sure if it could be re bonded, filled and painted like a satin black.

Had to buy a new battery, absolutely dead with a multimeter reading of 4.87 volts 🙄

Ordered a new one at Renault as the one fitted was main dealer with a 3 year guarantee. It turns out the manufacture date falls just in the 3 years so I'd like to think it's covered, parts guy kind of agrees but says as the battery wasn't bought at this particular dealership he's not sure where I stand so he needs to speak to the parts manager. I'll be going back in tomorrow to follow this up, at £259 it would be nice if it's covered.

It's infrequently used, a couple of people mentioned using a CTEK charger but the car isn't on a driveway. Is it a case of using the car regularly to keep the battery in good condition? What's the lifespan of an AGM battery?

Anyway the battery is fitted, a £10 wash and a decent squirt of V Power it was nice take it out this weekend.
DSC_4860~2-01.jpeg

Is it a case of using the car regularly to keep the battery in good condition? What's the lifespan of an AGM battery?
Very much that.

AGM batteries ideally should be isolated if not in use. They dont like drains very much. You also have to have a AGM battery trickle charger.

I have an isolator on the exige for when not in use.

Very much that.

AGM batteries ideally should be isolated if not in use. They dont like drains very much. You also have to have a AGM battery trickle charger.

I have an isolator on the exige for when not in use.
I'll have to use it more regularly then 😁 at some point I'd like to get it back up to Paul at RS just to give it a health check on the rollers.

Interesting scenario came up last weekend, a very good friend of mine has offered me his original and very clean 1990 Glacier White Renault 5 GT Turbo.... For my Clio.

Brief thoughts, it would have to go into storage. I could take it out on weekends for a spin out which is pretty much all I do with the Clio.

It's certainly an interesting proposition
DSC_5005~3-01-01.jpeg

I miss my 200 edc more than nearly any other car, but if your getting a 5 turbo AND can drive the Clio on weekends, it’s a good idea.