ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track wheels and Carbon Lorraine pads

Track 172 Cup
20150117_151025.jpg
20150117_151049.jpg
20150201_122757.jpg
20150201_122813.jpg
Did one track day at Oulton with Carbon Lorraine pads on my shiny new white speed lines and they were coated with Gtechniq c5 and carlight/collanight (not 100% on the wax) endurance 915 and they have pretty bad staining off the brake dust but the front face where the wheel bolts go through have turned grey lol. Think next year they'll be going black lol the back ones are fine but think they're standard disc/pad.

Have tried warm soapy water (wishful thinking) then Tardis and some Gtechniq W6

Track 172 Cup
What CL pads were they mate? @StuOwen86

Not sure they were on the car when I bought it. Although after then 2nd day at Oulton the other wheel has done the same since I swapped the wheels round so I think it was possibly the heat as I 'THINK' my drivers side pad is rubbing on the disc not sure why caliper or disc slightly warped but when rolling along slowly I get a very faint squeak........squeak...........squeak.

IronX should shift most of that mate.

I may give it a try to see if it is the brake dust, unless it was the heat has caused the powder coat too discolour. Black wheels next time lol live and learn

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
After you applied c5 did you buff it after with a microfibre? I was completely side tracked to an accident in the house and didn't with my wheels. After a drive a few hours later dirt sealed in with the c5. Had to clay bar most of it to get it off but still some remains. Going at them next with compound leveling fluid and DA to get rid of the rest.

turbo 182
View attachment 121497 View attachment 121498 View attachment 121499 View attachment 121500 Did one track day at Oulton with Carbon Lorraine pads on my shiny new white speed lines and they were coated with Gtechniq c5 and carlight/collanight (not 100% on the wax) endurance 915 and they have pretty bad staining off the brake dust but the front face where the wheel bolts go through have turned grey lol. Think next year they'll be going black lol the back ones are fine but think they're standard disc/pad.

Have tried warm soapy water (wishful thinking) then Tardis and some Gtechniq W6
Did you ever get these cleaned up mate? We're they the 5+ or the 6 compound?

Track 172 Cup
yeah i managed to get MOST of the brake dust off them (then i got the eastern european's in the hand car wash to clean off the rest lol) The middle bit discolouration was caused by too much heat as when i swapped passenger side to drivers the same happened (slightly sticking front drivers caliper). I did try the Tardis, Gtechniq W6, Billberry ect and they didnt touch it Wonder wheels and whatever those hand carwashes use shifted it though lol (although I am lazy because its a track car it does get left dirty)

turbo 182
yeah i managed to get MOST of the brake dust off them (then i got the eastern european's in the hand car wash to clean off the rest lol) The middle bit discolouration was caused by too much heat as when i swapped passenger side to drivers the same happened (slightly sticking front drivers caliper). I did try the Tardis, Gtechniq W6, Billberry ect and they didnt touch it Wonder wheels and whatever those hand carwashes use shifted it though lol (although I am lazy because its a track car it does get left dirty)
now that they have cleaned up is there still c5 present or is that long gone now?

turbo 182
I'm guessing it's long gone now due to the TFR at the hand car wash.
I take it youve never took a hosepipe to it then? I've just got some new pro race in white coated in platinum wheels and need new pads I was wanting to try the cl 5+ but the state of your wheeks is putting me off,
I no it's a track car but still
Lol

Track 172 Cup
I've never bothered washing my track car myself lol BUT I guess if you gave em a quick swill either when you get home or before you leave track you might save yourself some hassle but i think they will end up stained from the brake dust either way. (All the other cars get washed properly with 2 bucket method and Gtechniq products)