ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Lorraine RC5+ Rear Brake Pads

M888TTM

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 & Twingo RS
Hi everyone,

I have fitted Carbon Lorraine RC5+ rear brake pads to my Clio 182 and they are a very tight fit!

They are so tight that the pads are griping the discs all the time and preventing correct operation of the brakes.

It seems the shape of the pad backing plate is not exactly the same as standard Renault ones?

I contacted the supplier I bought them from and they insist that they fit the pads with no problems.

I have since had another look and found they only way those pads fit nicely is to not fit the anti-rattle springs.

Has anyone else heard of this before and is it common to not fit the anti-rattle springs?

Cheers
Matt

Track 172 Cup
I know OP is on about rears but like Fletcher said I also run the fronts with no shims for the reason being they were a tight fit so maybe the rears are the same and need too be run without the shims, just gives that little bit of extra room. Although on the front the RC6 I run just fit snug without the shims. I leave shims out so when they get hot they have a little expansion room.