ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Track Tyres for Clio 200

Clio 200 Black and White
Looking to get hold of a set of semi-slick road-legal trackday tyres for my Clio 200.

What are my options?

I've looked for Toyo 888's but I can't seem to find them in the correct size.

Can I fit 225's on my 7.5" speedlines or should I stick with 215's?

Cupped 200
You can get them in correct size! Or you switch to an equivalent... wait a sec...

http://www.pro-track.de/rennreifen/toyor888/17zoll/index.php

Next Size would be 235/40/17 or 225/40/17 as you would get the Speedo wrong with the 45ers. The Sizes are also avalable in Switzerland (dont know where adhoc but i saw them! )

Edit: 235 is the Max width you should mount on 7,5 but it fits. Wouldnt do tho because of Wheelmovement.

Clio 200 Black and White
thanks for the info Seriousha.

by the way, anneau was a bit tough on the tyres - went from brand new to about half used in a single evening on the track.

guess the 888's will wear even more quickly though...

So, which size is better, 225 or 215?

Cupped 200
I would go for the 225 as theyre just for Track and as i know from my last Car how Anneau is to the Tyres the more wide version can suck up more heat. So go for the wider ones i would say. (If the Price is OK, seen prices in CH about 30 CHF more for the 225s over the 215s )

But yeah, thats why i have to get Track Tyres first, Friend got at AdR with his Type R on Road Tires.. after 2 Laps they where peeling and sticked like... slime on a window :p

Oh, and go for the GG or GGG version as the more soft the more Grip, but at Anneau Conditions they will wear alot more faster when theyre softer. And at least i am not after the times but the fun, so the harder they are the longer you can run on them... but well, i think thats common knowledge ;)

Here is a Swiss HP who sell them obviously, bu not the 225/40 version, but probably the 235 will fit, but im not sure because the semis are always wider in real than road tyres...

Also you should call your local Pneuhaus probably, last time i just called a random one here and theyve got me 4 205/50/15s in GG for 660 CHF incl. Mounting and so on...

Last edited:
  220 Trophy
I’ve fitted OEM sized (215/45/17) 888’s to my 200, you have to go onto the Toyo site to find approved motorsport dealers that stock the 888’s.

So it can be done.

They are amazing on track!!!, admittedly not cheap and with track use will wear down quickly, I’d say in 600 miles including one track-day they’re a 3rd worn.