ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo T1-R PROXES 82V

A few
Having the Toyo T1-R PROXES 82V fitted tomorrow on the 1.2 16v ph2. What are they like? Seem a decent tyre from the research ive done.

I think they're one of the most overrated tyres ever tbh. They seem to have a following on a few car forums I go on and I cant see why. The tyre walls are so soft. I think people that rave about these must have come from nankangs and not tried michelins/contis etc..

Edition 30
But for £160 for a full set of 15's you can't go wrong.

Yeah they might not be amazing in all aspects but for the money on a 1.2 you can't complain.

182, 6r GTi
good tyre for the price but i think theye are pretty poor in the wet, there all my brother uses and hes been to the ring with them and had a great time,

I think they're one of the most overrated tyres ever tbh. They seem to have a following on a few car forums I go on and I cant see why. The tyre walls are so soft. I think people that rave about these must have come from nankangs and not tried michelins/contis etc..

Of course there are better tyres out there, but they are a good 'all round' tyre for the money.

Aren't they like £50 a corner is something ridiculous?

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
I've got them on the front of mine though not as good as the f1's i had on there there still pretty good. they are good in the wet and dry gonna put them on the rear too soon.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
In the dry they are great once you have heat in them, just as good as some far more expensive tyres, In the cold, wet, snow, damp, greasey roads, summer before you get some proper heat into them, they are shite. Have them on my ZS and as soon as they are worn a little I'm getting PE2's if anyone has stock left or PS3's

Almost as overrated as Spec 2's

Astra Gsi + clio 182
try and get some vredestien ultrac sessantas. unbelievable tyres. reduced understeer massively in the wet on my Gsi turbo.

T1r's are bad in the wet and wear out rather quickly. ok for the coin though

Wow I thought I was alone in my dislike of toyo t1rs until now!
As said above they do wear out quite quickly which sort of offsets them being cheap as you need to replace them more often.

Yep this is a strange one. Seem to bee hugely popular on here with a big following (polling number 1), with people on here and elsewhere who swear them, however there are other people that think they are rubbish and even quote "dangerous" (the latter part I'd say is a bit harsh).

I have them on my car, but have nothing at all to compare them to. To me they are great, but I'm used to running around on Kumo tyres on a crap handling Astra, so there is no chance that I can give them an accurate review at all - I'm not going to BS anyone.

The only thing I can conclude is that the Toyo's are probably half decent (e.g. better than non brand in any condition and standard tyre in dry), but the people raving about them are only those who haven't tried the competition out in the same conditions. Hmm.... tough one. One telling sign could be that they weren't even in the most recent Evo / Auto Express / Auto Bild group tests (this really doesn't say much though really).

This may help a bit, at least there is a wide band of reviews here to munch through: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

One thing is they could be good for MPG :p, I'm getting 43MPG on a long run (country roads) or 37.5MPG combined (one tank usage), just a suggestion.

Last edited: