ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo R1R

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Anyone tried these?
Are they an alternative to RS2's?

Anyone priced up 17's? ;)

clio 172
I know someone who has used these, he is in the jaguar saloon championship. He says they brilliant, they not R888's but still a very good tyre for track/racing use. Can't remember the price but remember they sounded dear as he also runs 17's.

Apologies about being vague but tried to help

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
You guys don't get the bridgestone RE-11's over there? Comparable and I believe better than the R1R and Dunlop start spec.

Initially has good comments over here and it's what I'm looking at next so it can still handle standing water rather than slapping R888's on and surprising the wife when she takes the Clio for a 'spin'.

R888's will have to wait until I get a second set of wheels.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
R1-R's were launched at Autosport show. They are between the R888 and T1-R. They are meant to be very good in all conditions and road legal. I'm looking to get some on mine next time around .

182 Trophy
All I know Is that the tread pattern looks megga on these, anyone know if they're avaliable in 45 profile?

RSC 182 Cup
You guys don't get the bridgestone RE-11's over there? Comparable and I believe better than the R1R and Dunlop start spec.

Initially has good comments over here and it's what I'm looking at next so it can still handle standing water rather than slapping R888's on and surprising the wife when she takes the Clio for a 'spin'.

R888's will have to wait until I get a second set of wheels.

I've got RE-11's in 205/50R15 - awesome tyre in the dry and I've got no complaints about their wet weather performance (when it has rained :rolleyes:). Surprisingly quiet riding tyre given the outright grip they have. No more wheel spin in first gear which is a pleasant change from my 2/3rds worn 205/45R16 PE2's. A friend with a Ph1 172 has them in 195/50R15 and IIRC he rates them higher than his previous PP2's in the wet.

A local mag did a recent comparo on the R888 vs R1R. The R1R wasn't that far behind the R888 in the dry stuff (except for straightline braking IIRC?) However, it left the R888 for dead in the wet.

A friend has the R1R on his 172 in 205/50R15 and has nothing but praise for them (even in the wet). From what I've read they appear to have soft sidewalls compared to the RE-11.

Edit- found a link to some info on that test http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2009-Australian-MOTOR-magazine-tyre-test.htm

Last edited: