ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxes T1-R's???

CLIO 172 SPORT, modded
yokohama paradas on mine, gr8 in the dry, ok in the wet- predictable so no suprises lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
yokohama paradas on mine, gr8 in the dry, ok in the wet- predictable so no suprises lol
Had them for long mate? Always thought yokos were quick wearing but funkin grippy as in the dry!

No no no no no

s**t in the wet, just shocking.

Grip, grip a bit, sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide with no indication of it going and little chance of it regaining lost grip in anything other than a snatchty, pray to the gods fashion.

Never running them again!

They're even s**t as a trackday tyre as they roll over onto the sidewalls and offer no turn in bite.

F1s are a million times better! And PE2s are supposed to be good but I've not tried them personally.

Got t1-r's on mine, baws in the wet but I dont push it anyway. Last pair on the front lasted about 15k - must have been all that power going through the front. Cheap though

106 GTi
No no no no no

Grip, grip a bit, sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide with no indication of it going and little chance of it regaining lost grip in anything other than a snatchty, pray to the gods fashion.

They're even s**t as a trackday tyre as they roll over onto the sidewalls and offer no turn in bite.

F1s are a million times better! And PE2s are supposed to be good but I've not tried them personally.

I agree with you on the wet performance, though the R's are much better than the S.

Trackday comment is pap though ! As others have said they are fine on track, side walls roll over no more than Exalto's or F1's when you get the pressures right, we ran them all year on the Racecar in the Castle Combe Saloons and had a very succesfull season.

That said personally for a road tyre I would pick the F1's or an Exalto, (even though I currently have Toyo's, they came on the wheels and are to good to bin) but for the Money i.e cheap the Toyo's a bloody good choice. I want some PE2's for my 15's but 195/45 is 70 quid compared to 40 for a T1R, or 45 for an F1.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Im fairly enjoying them actually, if you drive like a tosser in the wet you deserve the tree treatment tbh
It's true mate and a lot of people do it.
My bro has them on his zetec-s no complaints.

FF Blackgold 182
No no no no no

F1's are pap if you ask me! Nothing but acres of understeer in the wet, even when taking a roundabout slowly. PE2's on the other hand were designed for the cupped/cup packed 182's, so they are bound to be good and are. Pricey though and everywhere seems to have to order them in! :rolleyes:

I'm fairly enjoying them actually, if you drive like a tosser in the wet you deserve the tree treatment tbh

Couldn't agree more tbh. Gonna get some T1R's on mine for the summer I think.