ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toyo Proxes T1-R's???

Golf
Got them on the front, soon as its slightly damp a get alot of understeer but ave never driven the car with anything else on to copmpare it too

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm sure therre are a lot of threads on this,

iirc from when I had them on the old car they are great in the dry and not so great in the wet, Don't last too long either i believe.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Had them on my Focus ST,as said above,grippy as hell in the dry but not so good in the wet,wear down quick too,good summer tyre imo.

Had Toyo's on a previous car and they were a good tyre. Didn't push the car in the wet so can't comment on the wet weather capabilities but the PE2 is excellent in the wet.

fantastic tyre, its all we used on track last year, bit crap in the wet, but what tyre isn't?

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks guys, i dont drive fast in the wet and wouldnt even with a set of P-Zero's im thinking these might be a wise purchase!

These arent track orientated rubber are they?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
As said ive never found a confident tyre in the wet tbh

Anyway there not the most expensive tyre in the wet, i swap the front and rears every 6,500 miles to even out wear and tear this seems to help it.

Power steering rips tyres to shreads!

Clio II phase B Dynamique
I've them in 185/55-15...s**t tyres...the ratio /55 make the rubber too soft and setting the curve flexes too much...despite having inflated to 2.8 bar front and 2.5 bar rear!

:(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its problay not the tyres but more the fact that the power through the front wheels is proably too much in the wet tbh

I dont really drive fast in winter the roads are too greasy

"Navy" N17 TWO
Can't fault these tyres on dry roads :) They are ok in the wet

Its problay not the tyres but more the fact that the power through the front wheels is proably too much in the wet tbh

I dont really drive fast in winter the roads are too greasy

+1

Coiley'd Clio PH2
T1-R's have been replaced with the T1-S now i think.
Got some on my car (T1-R's on rear and T1-S on front) amazingly good in the dry, but not good at all in the wet.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
agree with comments of the dry n wet condiditons

they are a soft tyre and do wear fast

mate did a set in 8k.

i going for a change to F1's now

b/g 182, meg tourer
they seem good to me. not as long lasting as some others, but a good grippy all round tyre. not too bad in the wet, but not too good either

clio 182
how you doing mate i have toyos t1r all round on my car and i give it stick all the time cant fault them,just wondering how many do you need and what price are you paying?fitted or

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've got 4x Paradas are on order mate, f**k wet handling. I drive like a poof in the wet.
I've seen what damage can be done driving quicker on wet and greasy roads!

clio 182
anyway anyone looking for 205 45 16 t1rs get back to me.just for the boy who disagreed i had them on cars from rs cosworths to rs turbos oh and also had them fitted to my scooby wagon it loved them

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
T1-R's have been replaced with the T1-S now i think.
Got some on my car (T1-R's on rear and T1-S on front) amazingly good in the dry, but not good at all in the wet.

No...other way around. T1-S's were replaced with T1-R's.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I had them on the front.
They're very grippy in the dry but get a fair bit of wheel spin in the wet. Often found I lost a bit of grip coming off roundabouts too.
I've changed the wheels around so that I've got P-Zero Nero's on the front again. They're just as good as the Proxes in the dry but loads better in the wet.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
lol, aye a thought you would have trapped mate?
Just that little bit far and I don't have the puma set up with my new tyres and springs yet. Wanted to keep the first decent trip once it's all sorted.
;) soon tho.x

audi B5 rs4
I highly rate these tires, had them on my impreza and in all conditions where the best tires ive had on any of my cars. Not fitted them to my cup but will be as i have a set in the garage.

Im surprised at so many people not rating them!

Ph2 172 Cup
I've got them on my cup. Can't think of another tyre that offers such an all round balance of price, dry performance, wet performance, wear, track capable. Yes you could probably find a tyre that beat it on a one-on-one basis on any of these categories, but not the overall package.

I've also used blackcircles and had no problems - their price for T1-Rs is just about as good as you'll get anywhere.