ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tour De Force Rolling Road Day Results

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Lol! Loved the sticker

28f3df01.jpg

Daz as promised albeit hours later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPX13lTW3vs

a thirsty one
i wont be buying the mag unless its got Spankys builders arse crack, it makes any RR day if i am honest

matt and team tdf do a great job at hosting the rr days

ian_s what spec is yours please mate?

Cool, thats not bad going.

Ive put together a bit of a video, although unfortunately I didn't get everyone on film so I've put a few other bits in. I'll post it in here once YouTubes finished with it

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I'm pretty sure Ian_s car was just mega healthy, panel filter exhaust and map. Still has cat in too! Great result

Great video Dave, though you got my power wrong ;-)

Also missed dave88 from the list, his was 177.8bhp and can't remember the torques, got it written downstairs.

Couple of clips in here - Didn't manage to get everyone on film, just a couple here and there but Dave managed to get most I think anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
  ibiza cupra
heres my crapy phone pics i warned everyone about lol. think i managed to get everyone in there :)
Photo1193.gif

Photo1194.gif

Photo1195.gif

Photo1196.gif

Photo1197.gif

Photo1198.gif

Photo1199.gif

Photo1200.gif

Photo1201.gif

Photo1202.gif

Photo1203.gif

my beast lol
Photo1205.gif

Photo1206.gif

Photo1207.gif

Photo1208.gif

Photo1209.gif

Photo1210.gif

Photo1211.gif

Photo1212.gif

Photo1213.gif

Photo1214.gif

Photo1215.gif

Photo1217.gif

Photo1219.gif

Photo1220.gif

Photo1221.gif

Photo1223.gif

Photo1224.gif

Photo1225.gif

Photo1226.gif

Photo1228.gif

Photo1229.gif

Photo1230.gif

Photo1231.gif

Photo1232.gif

Photo1233.gif

Photo1234.gif

Photo1235.gif

Photo1236.gif

Photo1237.gif

Photo1238.gif

Photo1240.gif

Photo1242.gif

camber :)
Photo1243.gif

Photo1244.gif

Photo1245.gif

Photo1216.gif

and a few vids that i did (also crapy lol.)
th_Video0045.gif

th_Video0046.gif

th_Video0048.gif

was a great meet, the best ive been to as everyone was talking and it seemed like everyone knew each other rather than the ussual people stood on there own being quiet in a corner somewere, the atmosphere was great.
was also quite pleased with the results i got as they were pretty much the same as when i went to rs tuning and considering the ol` girl has got about a bit, she`s still quite healthy :)

also cheers to stu for organising it all and to tony and jay for the top quality grubb (you make a mean bacon sarnie :) ) oh and sorry for scoffin all the lemon cake after everyone had gone lol.
cheers everyone :) :) :)

ibiza cupra
Mine rolling roaded at 130something brake fella. Cam timing I'm guessing!
yeah, matt 350`s did about that and they said his would be the cam timeing. luckily, he has another engine thats being built up so it wont be a problem for too long. his missis seemed quite happy when she found out that the spare one isnt going to be sat around for very long too lol.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just to echo what everyone else has said, Great day and many thanks to Theduck for arranging it all, and Team Burpspeed for the food and of course TDF for hosting it!

Quite happy with my results and interesting to see what the 182 manifold actually does to the cars power / torque now its fitted to the cup!

Just a quick note to say brilliant vids and pics chaps! Definately one of the best days we've hosted atmosphere and catering wise :)

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Looked to have been a good event.

See from the video that the majority of those runs were open bonnet. Which are the figures posted in this thread-open or closed bonnet?

Be interested to compare the output from the closed bonnet runs to see how much lower they were.

All open...

Saying that I'd hazard a guess to mine being no different as the only way for air to get into my air-box is via the two feeds - one in the N/S fog light and one to the left of the radiator, neither of which are covered by the bonnet...

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
All open...

Saying that I'd hazard a guess to mine being no different as the only way for air to get into my air-box is via the two feeds - one in the N/S fog light and one to the left of the radiator, neither of which are covered by the bonnet...

Yup, did think that about the likes of yours and Jays ph1 jord, but what about the others that must surely be getting more cold air charge than they would running normally with the bonnet closed?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
was a great day, myself and bomber travelled up from the southwest just for the day, didn't even run, was a good atmosphere, some top people and great food.
congrats on a great day Matt, Jay and Tony

looking forward to returning with my sh*tbox shortly

Makes me feel much better about the 232bhp my 172 made there a few months ago :D,
looks a good day!
Carl

May i ask what you have had done to get that?

i was thinking exactly the same carl, mine made 212 at TDF on a very hot day and that was restricted by the exhaust, Daz i was massively surprised at your results tbh.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Cant do a dyno run with the bonnet closed. Things would melt

Am confused Jay, do you mean on burpspeed or generally? Our road goers all managed fine at the last dyno session we attended-surely with the bonnet down (latched with clearance for the iat probe cable), this most closely replicates cooling and airflow under typical driving conditions?

It's a pity there aren't any figures to compare the two scenarios. :(

Yup, did think that about the likes of yours and Jays ph1 jord, but what about the others that must surely be getting more cold air charge than they would running normally with the bonnet closed?

Not really, the added extraction of heat by having the bonnet open is offset by the fact the car isn't moving through the air at speed and as such the bay has no extraction effect as it does when the car is moving at speed. Let me put it this way how do you open the bonnet on an engine dyno? ;)

Also when you have an engine package with the exhaust manifold at the rear of the bay with a variety of important and flamable bits like the brake fluid resoirvoir above it it's not a good idea to attempt to keep the heat in!!

FWIW I've ran my Clio on our road bonnet open and bonnet closed. There's no difference at all for a couple of runs.

BMW M5 & E36
i was thinking exactly the same carl, mine made 212 at TDF on a very hot day and that was restricted by the exhaust, Daz i was massively surprised at your results tbh.

Bit of a strange one really. Daz's spec is good for more power on paper, but it's consistantly made 215ish over the last 3 days its done in the past couple of years.

Certainly nowhere near the 233 that GDayeeee claimed it was when they originally mapped it :(

Nice meeting you btw.