ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torsion bar lowering help

i noticed there was a few tutorials on how to do this but most of the pictures have dissapeared on them and i really need to get mine lowered, i took it to the garage and they said its seized so im gonna try some plus gas lub on it and then try myself, but id like a tutorial so i know im doing it right, anywhere i can get one, or can the pictures on the onter one come back ;)

many thanks jamie

got two questions, whe it says jack the back bar up till the toothed bracket rotates is this the big rusty thing that the bar just came out of, and how does jacking that bit up make it rotate would it not just push it up.

and secondly how do you get the bar back in a bit of wood and a mallet me thinks.

you need to jack the rear trailing arm, then when you push the torsion bar back in it will keep it there.

I used an upturned socket and a big hammer to get the bar back in tight, but you should be able to push it mostly back in by hand if you have eveything lined up right.

nope that didnt work i used all the tools mentioned in the guide and still no luck at all all i ended up doing was breaking my back trying to trun the nut.

Suzuki SV650

Im going to do my torsion bar now not sure if itll be similar to ur laguna. Wish me luck!

Im not sure what the trailing arm is thou? Hope the Haynes manual is nice to me.

Steve.

its the bit that the wheel hub is attatched to youll see it when you do it.

look at me helping folk out and mine aint done :sick:

just phoned my guy back and told him i managed to get one of them to move, he said to try and get the other one to do the same and hell give it another go, just saves him time trying to free it himself, he was realy shocked i had managed to free it. nice one!! some time next week hell fit me in.