ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mounts not sitting right. 172 Cup.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
12274151663_c964764202_z.jpg

12274556646_202a27d077_z.jpg

They don't move, they're equal both sides, but they look a little high up to me?

Car is sitting on B14s, and Bilstein OEM/Pattern top mounts. This is with the wheel sitting straight ahead.

172 Ph1
What condition is that pattern top rubber mount in ?
If it's collapsed , it will lean to one side.
Also underneath are the bearing race and top hat , those locate in the rubber bush , check it's all tight there.

cliosport 172
I've just been swapping front shock drivers side, and having opposite problem, can't get the top mount up to seat properly, let along get the top rubber mount to catch a thread to wind down.
Had to tool up and leave till the sun comes back out. Is there any easy to read diagrams for how these slot back together?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Turn the wheel to full lock one side then look ;)

That look normal to you then? lol

What condition is that pattern top rubber mount in ?
If it's collapsed , it will lean to one side.
Also underneath are the bearing race and top hat , those locate in the rubber bush , check it's all tight there.

Top mounts are the same age as the struts, 1k miles / 8 months. Everything feels tight and there's no play in anything.

RS 172, Z4, Elgrand
Mine are like this after fitting the Febi top mounts. They were sitting flush before. I'm wondering if the Febi Bilstein top mounts aren't up to the job?

The ones I used are eBay item number: 111242674036

Clio 182
Iv just test driven a 54Reg 182 with drivers side like this. On full lock it creaks because it's not seated correctly. How do you seat them properly?

Clio 172 phase 1
My skf ones are like this pretty much.... Looks gash when u open the bay but tbh I can't see it when the bonnets closed..... Just piss poor setup tbh

clio 172
Buy some solid top mounts,just fitted them to my 172,got them from kings north engineering,well made,easy to fit and car handles like a dream,my old mounts sat high by a few MM,as I took the top hat off the mount and bearings were well knackered,moving all over the place,so solid mounts a good fix for me,cheers lads.