ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Clancys The Division

Mito Sportiva 135
Interesting Darren. I might look into that as a few people have said it's really good to me now.
(I have spent about 2,000 hours on Destiny now!)

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
2732ddebf9b44c86a0a2897acfd1f85c.jpg

This will 100% get nerfed. Everyone in the DZ will be running 4 pieces.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting Darren. I might look into that as a few people have said it's really good to me now.
(I have spent about 2,000 hours on Destiny now!)
That's some commitment - lol!

All I will say in going back to Warframe - is that you'll need a little time to settle with it. I doubt anyone would try it for an hour and think 'this is pretty good' - I know I certainly didn't. It is worth sticking at it - in my mind anyway.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah most games like this don't really come alive until you've put 10, 20 or 50+ hours into them - but as I've spent so long on Destiny, not sure I can put myself through something like that again!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Fired this up last night, had no idea what was going on. Game doesn't really help! I think I'm too far behind at this point (gear score is 136 or something). Don't think I'm even at the point where it will let me do those incursion things, let alone anything in the newer expansion/patch.

Any tips? Giving this a bit of a chance since I did pay for the season pass back when it launched

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Fired this up last night, had no idea what was going on. Game doesn't really help! I think I'm too far behind at this point (gear score is 136 or something). Don't think I'm even at the point where it will let me do those incursion things, let alone anything in the newer expansion/patch.

Any tips? Giving this a bit of a chance since I did pay for the season pass back when it launched
Dark zone, Dark zone, Dark zone.

I've been level 99 for quite a bit now and have ranked up 2 friends so fast picking up supply drops and killing named enemies in the DZ and sharing items i don't need etc.

I'm really enjoying this game again, looking forward to the new DLC (PS4 :( )

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Dark zone, Dark zone, Dark zone.

I've been level 99 for quite a bit now and have ranked up 2 friends so fast picking up supply drops and killing named enemies in the DZ and sharing items i don't need etc.

I'm really enjoying this game again, looking forward to the new DLC (PS4 😧 )
I didn't like the DZ first time round, is it less s**t now? I was constantly being killed by unkillable people with silly gear

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I didn't like the DZ first time round, is it less s**t now? I was constantly being killed by unkillable people with silly gear
There are quite a few DZ gearscore brackets now, so the players in your bracket should be of similar level. Matchmaking is a must though, you really need to be in a full group of 4.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think anyone else is still attempting to play it
A couple of people on my friends list (people I played Destiny with mainly) still play this - I've been tempted to give it another go, but lately I've been really bored of Xbox. I played some of the original Black Ops the other night and fell asleep. I need a game to get me hooked again!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's awful now, I poured hundreds of hours into it, but even I've given up on it.

The meta now is just so s**t, everyones really f**king tanky, and the ability to deal damage keeps getting reduced.

PvP now, which is all I really did at endgame is s**t, it's so hard to kill people that if you're in a group you can just keep shooting heals on the ground and going through them, you need to unload a whole 40 mag on someones head to kill them. Most PvP encounters now end when someone gets bored.

Also, the balance is completely fucked, AI take like a mag and half to kill, yet shotgunners can one-pop you from 20m away. If you PvP, you're more likely to be killed by AI that come along out of nowhere than by dying to another player.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think it's awful now, I poured hundreds of hours into it, but even I've given up on it.

The meta now is just so s**t, everyones really f**king tanky, and the ability to deal damage keeps getting reduced.

PvP now, which is all I really did at endgame is s**t, it's so hard to kill people that if you're in a group you can just keep shooting heals on the ground and going through them, you need to unload a whole 40 mag on someones head to kill them. Most PvP encounters now end when someone gets bored.

Also, the balance is completely fucked, AI take like a mag and half to kill, yet shotgunners can one-pop you from 20m away. If you PvP, you're more likely to be killed by AI that come along out of nowhere than by dying to another player.
They added 20% weapon damage to PvP today, easier to kill tanks.

I'm liking the direction it's going in now. They've nerf'd explosive bullets and with 2 final measure equipped you're a lot less likely to be killed by sticky bombs.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
They added 20% weapon damage to PvP today, easier to kill tanks.

I'm liking the direction it's going in now. They've nerf'd explosive bullets and with 2 final measure equipped you're a lot less likely to be killed by sticky bombs.
That's a start, good to see they know it's a problem. Not sure 20% is going to be enough though, I've played with people who have 150k+ HP, 600k toughness, even if you're hitting 8k crit hit head shots you're still going to need to land 20 of them to get a kill.

I preferred 1.1 meta, some people complained they got killed too fast because of the Sentry set, but I didn't mind it.

The problem is, the devs only tactic to increase difficulty is to give AI more health and make them do more damage, and it's making the balance more and more polarised.

As soon as they address the balance for lvl 35 enemies, they'll introduce lvl 36 enemies and it'll f**k everything up again.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I logged in to see what had changed.

The new meta is even more AIDS than the what it was before, seems 1 or 2 shot shotgun kills in PvP is the new meta.

They just cannot get it right, other players are either too easy to kill, or nye on impossible to kill, they're a million miles either side of balanced PvP.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think the new gear sets coming soon will lead people away from the usual dps/sticky bomb builds. Hopefully anyway.

With that said, I'm probably enjoying the game more so now than I ever have. Went on 3 manhunts last night, epic fun. I've been trying out a decent shotgun as my secondary now. 116k damage with responsive, brutal and stable. Primary is still the god roll mp7, brutal deadly and fierce.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Day three of trying to play this godforesaken piece of s**t. Got to over 160 GS (think it's like 168 now), tried to start some incursions... everyone leaves the group immediately after load in. Got bored of 10 minutes of this.

Mito Sportiva 135
I've not played it since the April update. I imagine my stats are awful now and I wouldn't get accepted into an incursion - although that's fine as currently have no desire to get back into it. Was fun for a while but found the overall experience quite limited.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not played it since the April update. I imagine my stats are awful now and I wouldn't get accepted into an incursion - although that's fine as currently have no desire to get back into it. Was fun for a while but found the overall experience quite limited.
I can't remember you ever being a fan of it. I was tempted to play it last night as I was online, but it doesn't have the pull to make me want to turn it on. Every time I go online these days I just sit on the home screen, bored - I thought this game was going to drag me in.

How many Incursions are there now? When I last played, there were 2, and I didn't actually spend more than 5 minutes on one?

Mito Sportiva 135
I liked it for a bit - but then the challenge was destroyed by everyone glitching. And then just coming up against players who spend their whole lives on their xbox so you have no chance whatsoever against them in the DZ. Plus the setting itself I just found a bit dull.
I'm the same mate not playing much right now - have you got your year 2 achievements in Destiny though? That's sort of worth doing just for the accomplishment and I still want to do flawless raider!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
There's 3 incursions now on XBO/PC, third one isn't available yet for PS4.

You lot need to be playing in groups, I've never been bored in the DZ I don't think!

I have changed my setup now. I'm running 5 sentry and a reckless chest piece with a 130k dmg shotgun. Took out a group of 3 players who all went rogue on me yesterday.

Only downside is I no longer run 2 final measure (+50% exotic damage resilience) so I can easily be taken down by sticky bombs, cleaners and rourkes.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I liked it for a bit - but then the challenge was destroyed by everyone glitching. And then just coming up against players who spend their whole lives on their xbox so you have no chance whatsoever against them in the DZ. Plus the setting itself I just found a bit dull.
I'm the same mate not playing much right now - have you got your year 2 achievements in Destiny though? That's sort of worth doing just for the accomplishment and I still want to do flawless raider!
What Year 2 achievements mate? I haven't looked at anything Destiny related in God knows how long! I almost logged on to it last night, but caved.

Yep, Flawless is something I want to tick off.

Mito Sportiva 135
If you log on and go to the tower there is a book (like the SRL one) and for doing all of them, there are 2 shaders and 2 emblems.
You will probably have done most/all of what you need to do already except for the pvp quest - i had to do it again as I did it on my old titan which I deleted but only took a few hours spread over a few nights as they've made it easier and shorter since the first time I did it. Worth doing I reckon!

Clio 182 - RB
Anyone fancy helping me to Tier 3 Court of Oryx? [emoji4]

Edit; Wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There's 3 incursions now on XBO/PC, third one isn't available yet for PS4.

You lot need to be playing in groups, I've never been bored in the DZ I don't think!

I have changed my setup now. I'm running 5 sentry and a reckless chest piece with a 130k dmg shotgun. Took out a group of 3 players who all went rogue on me yesterday.

Only downside is I no longer run 2 final measure (+50% exotic damage resilience) so I can easily be taken down by sticky bombs, cleaners and rourkes.

Is that seriously supposed to be a 'fun' part of the game? That would drive me insane. Working cooperatively until a point where everyone thinks of themselves? Backstabbing shooter....FTL.

Glad I gave up on this tbh. I don't think I'll even retry it with the 1080 onboard now.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Is that seriously supposed to be a 'fun' part of the game? That would drive me insane. Working cooperatively until a point where everyone thinks of themselves? Backstabbing shooter....FTL.

Glad I gave up on this tbh. I don't think I'll even retry it with the 1080 onboard now.
I was on my own in the DZ yesterday, I was about to head to a checkpoint and go offline until an extraction popped off right next to me so I thought why not have some fun and see how good my shotgun build is now against players (M870, 140k+ DMG, deadly, brutal, stable - 4 sentry 1 reckless chest piece, savage gloves). I went rogue against a group of 4 players and got all of them haha. Recorded it too but it's on Faceache. Before this I managed a close range headshot against a player and it straight up killed him it didn't even give him the opportunity to crawl on the floor to be revived! lol. It's good the way people are using shotguns now but some of them are so overpowered. If I managed to get responsive instead of stable it would be unstoppable in pvp.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
So apparently with the release of 1.4 this is much improved (ie it's actually worth playing)

Gonna fire it up and see if that's the case

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I read that too - but as I've not played since April, probably a bit far behind. I never bought the DLC either :(

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I was gonna have a gander, but there's nothing for me to do that'll make it fun.

I'm DZ rank 99, UG rank 40, when I played a lot it was with friends and we just rolled around the DZ doing PvP or loot runs or whatever, but with none of those friends playing anymore, I'm not inspired to go and match-make to play the same stuff I've played for hours and hours before, obtaining new loot to be better at a game I'm already maxed out on.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't seem to be too hard to catch up, I'm at 223 already and I started at like 150 something yesterday

Incursions are still s**t, but everything else I've played seems good

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
All about the pvp for me in this game. I haven't played it since the summer as I've been away, looking forward to seeing what's changed in 1.4.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't seem to be too hard to catch up, I'm at 223 already and I started at like 150 something yesterday

Incursions are still s**t, but everything else I've played seems good
Started downloading it again last night - more to see the eye-candy on the 1080 compared to my previous SLi setup which The Division seemed to constantly like breaking.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
DZ is still full of arseholes. I hate people.

I went in briefly to shoot at stuff (AI not people) and try to extract a few things, repeatedly destroyed by gangs of rogues :(

Impreza RB5 #054
So how is it?

How is PvP in the DZ? I know it wasn't their focus, but it must've changed.

PvP is a lot less one sided, the guys running sentry shotgun can easily be countered with alpha bridge SG/SMG/LMG or striker/hunters faith.

Loot is everywhere and I mean everywhere, often get 2 greens per named boss, the locked containers now drop greens along with any other NPC in the DZ.
The DZ vendors now sell worthwhile high end gear.
The amount of loot is crazy.

The update seems to have killed my sticky bomb TAC build with the new go to skills are seeker mines and flame turrets, there are a few guys running around with 250k skill which can easily one hit you with the seeker mines, although are more often than not glass canons.