ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Clancys The Division

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't logged in in well over a week. It got boring so quickly 😧
I barely got to level 10 myself m8.

As Jack says - it had the potential to be awesome - but the DPS chase for a meaningless figure is just so boring. At least on the likes of Warframe, you get to chop and change stats and abilities in order to make a Warframe unique to you. I'm currently using a high armoured Valkyr, equipped with Master Thief and Thief's Wit mods to be able to locate and unlock hard-to-find loot on the map. Recently I added a Diriga sniper sentinel, though a Carrier Prime might actually be more useful.

I'm just two nitain collects short of building a Saryn Prime, who's focus is all about poison abilities against the enemy - again - another complete change in gameplay for me.

In one fell swoop, Ubi could make The Division awesome. Make all weapons and kit within the game, semi-realistic. Ditch the numbers, but give the players some stats on which to make an informed decision. Does an MP7 do more damage than a Skorpion? Is an M4 more accurate than an AK-47?

Forget the Berghaus clothing range and attach Kevlar jackets and riot helmets. Give them the chance to obtain kit that actually MEANS something. Let the players think they are part of an elite, part-dormant group that is fighting to maintain stability and society overall. Not taking on scroats with a scarf over their face that requires 5 clips of assault rifle fire to kill them.

Any COD game feels more involved than what The Division does. A great idea, just poorly executed.

Mito Sportiva 135
Agreed Darren. I've not been on since the update and not tried the Incursion - in Destiny I know it's repetitive but I like the lore and the gear. In the Division, it's all just bland.

Not to mention all the exploits, it just seems like there isn't much to draw you back except to have a willy measuring competition over DPS (even though that calculation is flawed!)

Mito Sportiva 135
Had a lot of fun on this today. Me and 2 friends were in a group, outside a DZ checkpoint. We hit matchmake to get some randomer in the group and invited him to the party chat. When he joined, we stood just inside the DZ and told him to change his gear. While he was at the menu, I booted him from the group and all 3 of us shot the s**t out of him and killed him. His reaction was priceless. He left the party, started sending me messages about how I was bullied at school, lol. We did this to about 5 other people.
That's pretty harsh to be fair! The sort of thing which stops people playing the game.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I tried the Incursion mode last night. It was really laggy, and despite all 4 of us having gear that was more than good enough, it was nigh on impossible. I just logged off - any longer and I'd have thrown the controller through the screen.

Not sure if I can be bothered to keep playing it to be honest, it's fairly pointless...

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
When does the next one come out? I think this is a really boring incursion. In the same building for 15 waves of enemies - yawn.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Tbh I've reached the point now where I've found my ideal gear setup so the only thing I'm playing for now is for fun or to slightly improve my stats. Im currently rolling 4 striker 2 sentry, but I might switch it to 4 sentry 2 striker. I'm constantly crafting vectors to try and get brutal and deadly as my talents, but I've done over ten now so it's seeming like a waste of time. I just know I'll craft a perfect one and with the new incursion will come a new better weapon.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
1.2 coming out next week, one of the bits they're adding is a tweak to the extraction process. Once you've hooked your gear onto the rope, it can then be stolen by someone coming along and cutting the rope and running away. So now you have to secure the gear and hang around for 45 seconds to make sure no one steals it.

Don't know if I like the idea or not.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I still play a bit here and there; it's not a great game, and I've nothing left to achieve or aim for, but I just like playing 4 player co-op with friends, I enjoy it more for the social aspect than playing the game.

As I'm not a Destiny player, it's where I get my co-op fix.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I enjoy the game. It's definitely a game to play with a party though. It's not a solo game.

Mito Sportiva 135
1.2 coming out next week, one of the bits they're adding is a tweak to the extraction process. Once you've hooked your gear onto the rope, it can then be stolen by someone coming along and cutting the rope and running away. So now you have to secure the gear and hang around for 45 seconds to make sure no one steals it.

Don't know if I like the idea or not.
This sounds AWFUL.

I've not played since before the last update and can't imagine returning any time soon, as seems like people have glitched their way to impossibly high stat numbers. I liked the core concept of the game, but all the bugs, exploits, lack of interesting gear and repetitive environments means there is no real hook to keep you coming back like there is in Destiny.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I regret buying this game more than any other game I've bought in a looooooooooong time 😧
It's definitely the weakest full-price game I've bought in the last twelve months.

A shame, because under the overriding blandness of yawnism - there are moments of true genius in it. From a technical perspective also, is Ubisoft's absolute phobia of supporting SLi. Even more so when the bulk of their releases use the Unreal Engine. No excuse.

Evo 5 RS
It's definitely the weakest full-price game I've bought in the last twelve months.

A shame, because under the overriding blandness of yawnism - there are moments of true genius in it. From a technical perspective also, is Ubisoft's absolute phobia of supporting SLi. Even more so when the bulk of their releases use the Unreal Engine. No excuse.

lol, I don't think they do mate? And if they did that would be more of an excuse as natively UE doesn't support AFR! Something was telling me not to buy this. I will though, but I just knew after playing the beta it wouldn't live up to what I expected from it. In fact I think I saw everything I needed to know from playing the Alpha and the Beta.

EDIT: You're thinking of the Splinter Cell franchise, which use UE2 or heavily modified version of

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
There's a lot of things coming with 1.2 that do look good, better late than never; lots of weapon balancing, damage vs damage resistance balancing etc - some good quality of life changes; they're going to make the world outside the DZ useful again.

Probably not enough to bring back those who have left, but will please those still playing.

I'm not sure what some people are expecting from this game though?

Evo 5 RS
Yeah. After you've done the campaign and finished admiring the attention to detail (which is pretty amazing). There is what exactly? PVP in the Darkzone, leveling up and looting. I could tell from the beta that it was going to get old fast.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
40afbbe890d2e3a7e78e49ef1452d523.jpg

New gear set info is out, with some perks giving you LMG/shotgun and assault/pistol damage, it looks like they're trying to lead people away from SMGs, which is understandable as everyone uses the vector or the aug lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol, I don't think they do mate? And if they did that would be more of an excuse as natively UE doesn't support AFR! Something was telling me not to buy this. I will though, but I just knew after playing the beta it wouldn't live up to what I expected from it. In fact I think I saw everything I needed to know from playing the Alpha and the Beta.

EDIT: You're thinking of the Splinter Cell franchise, which use UE2 or heavily modified version of
I actually meant to say their games that use the Unreal Engine, are definitely single-GPU biased. That was my bad.

I find it silly when Rocksteady can churn out Arkham in 2009 and it happily runs on multiple GPUs on UE - yet The Division nose-dives in performance and eventually crashes in SLi.

One of my favourite franchises of all time (Heroes of Might & Magic) is crippled until I upgrade my PC. Even with modest settings, the first GPU gets battered and the fan noise is just too much over a period of time.

I almost take it as a given these days - buy Ubi, you need a decent SINGLE GPU!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I actually meant to say their games that use the Unreal Engine, are definitely single-GPU biased. That was my bad.

I find it silly when Rocksteady can churn out Arkham in 2009 and it happily runs on multiple GPUs on UE - yet The Division nose-dives in performance and eventually crashes in SLi.

One of my favourite franchises of all time (Heroes of Might & Magic) is crippled until I upgrade my PC. Even with modest settings, the first GPU gets battered and the fan noise is just too much over a period of time.

I almost take it as a given these days - buy Ubi, you need a decent SINGLE GPU!
Lol at praising Rocksteady for anything PC related.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
It's only a matter of time before they nerf the explosive rounds/fire bullets. Doesn't really matter what your score or your stats are, if you come up against someone who has either of them equipped, you're going to lose.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
It's only a matter of time before they nerf the explosive rounds/fire bullets. Doesn't really matter what your score or your stats are, if you come up against someone who has either of them equipped, you're going to lose.
I f**king hope so, for the exact reason you mention.

I came up against a guy yesterday that was using Explosive rounds on an M44 (explodes every bullet) and he was just blind firing it at close range, one-shotting everyone, it's f**king stupid.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
2 sentry 4 predator looks like it could be the new DPS build. No point in running 4 sentry as I tend to roll with a first wave vector.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Well they've fucked it, again.

The gameplay experience is f**king horrible now, the map is laggy as s**t, all the text and menus etc are really high contrast and a bit blurry. They've not done quite a few things they said they were going to do, quite a lot of "100% confirmed" fixes haven't fixed what they were supposed to fix.

None of the new gear sets are really that good, Predator/Sentry combo still being the best, also chests are still dropping GS163 items.

And Isaac the voice thing says everything over and over "agent has joined your team" "this area is contaminated" etc, over and f**king over.

The devs for this game are a bunch of f**king ass clowns. Pretty sure they don't even test this s**t before they put it live.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well they've fucked it, again.

The gameplay experience is f**king horrible now, the map is laggy as s**t, all the text and menus etc are really high contrast and a bit blurry. They've not done quite a few things they said they were going to do, quite a lot of "100% confirmed" fixes haven't fixed what they were supposed to fix.

None of the new gear sets are really that good, Predator/Sentry combo still being the best, also chests are still dropping GS163 items.

And Isaac the voice thing says everything over and over "agent has joined your team" "this area is contaminated" etc, over and f**king over.

The devs for this game are a bunch of f**king ass clowns. Pretty sure they don't even test this s**t before they put it live.
Can't say I'm surprised. They make Bungie look competent

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Had a bash at the new incursion today for the first time, didn't really know what I was doing so we kinda just rushed it. First attempt we got the boss down but we died pretty quickly as there was only 3 of us.

Slowly getting my armour mitigation up to 75%, currently at 67% up from 50%. Noticeable difference!

Mito Sportiva 135
It's f**king gash
You're gash you mean?!
This game though just doesn't have a big enough carrot to keep me interested. In Destiny the loot is quite interesting and looks cool. Division it's just like 'wooh some identical looking kneepads which give me X% extra in Y'. It's fun to begin with but I found it quickly grew boring. I know to a point the same can be said for Destiny, but I just find the actual shooting stuff of that, plus the lore of the game, much more interesting.
Division could be good but think they need to be more confident to be less (semi) realistic, although that will be hard with the Tom Clancy label attached to it.
If a developer took the best parts of Division, Destiny and put it into a new setting, it could be perfect. Something with giant robots in and I'm sold!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Now running 4 tacticians pieces, with the triage talent on. My skills come back so quickly. I also have the chain reaction talent equipped so my sticky bomb does huge damage (maxed at 250,000 iirc) also applies the bleed effect quite often. Melts players in the DZ. Going to add 2 final measure pieces later to give me more toughness. Hoping to get a good couple of rolls though as I'm aiming for 75% armour mitigation, which should make me pretty unstoppable in the new incursion.

One thing I've noticed (apart from the laggy menu, visual and audio glitches) is my character stops sprinting sometimes, for no reason? Pretty annoying.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You're gash you mean?!
This game though just doesn't have a big enough carrot to keep me interested. In Destiny the loot is quite interesting and looks cool. Division it's just like 'wooh some identical looking kneepads which give me X% extra in Y'. It's fun to begin with but I found it quickly grew boring. I know to a point the same can be said for Destiny, but I just find the actual shooting stuff of that, plus the lore of the game, much more interesting.
Division could be good but think they need to be more confident to be less (semi) realistic, although that will be hard with the Tom Clancy label attached to it.
If a developer took the best parts of Division, Destiny and put it into a new setting, it could be perfect. Something with giant robots in and I'm sold!

This is where yet again, I vouch for Warframe. The number of game styles and variations on existing modes is very impressive. Couple that with the HUGE scope of mods and Warframes available - and it just makes The Division look like a ten-minute wonder.

I passed the 400 hours mark on Warframe last weekend - a benchmark for me that is significant in being the 2nd most number of hours that I've ever put into a game. I jumped into a co-op game with my trusty Valkyr and got absolutely schooled in what a Valkyr could do by another player. Several times I had to be rescued - and it was as informative as impressive to watch at just how other players had formulated their kits and abilities to suit their own needs.

On paper, Warframe is very similar to The Division in a lot of respects. But where The D keeps reusing the same tea-bag over and over again - Warframe keeps the interest by giving you a fresh pot of something different. The core values have a lot of overlap. Yet the execution in the end product is massively different.