ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tom Clancys The Division

Yaris Hybrid
We don't wanna know you jack off too mate

LOL dude it's like a virtual dolls house for adults! That is what MMO's have always been to me! I spend hours running WoW to get transmog sets! You are the character; you don't jack off over it!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Well... I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought I'd have a quick go on the PC beta... and suddenly find 4-5 hours have gone by. I am really, really enjoying it. It's slick, looks good, sounds good and the combat is solid and rewarding. I've grabbed some footage but don't know if I can be arsed to edit it all together! It's probably not much different to what has already been posted up.

I think that it will be even more fun playing in a team with a group of mates. Great first impression :smile:
Can you play multiplayer on the beta?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Here's my second video (which is basically a continuation of the first) with a couple more skirmishes and a brief introduction to base ops. YouTube video compression has really adversely affected the quality of this video and it doesn't do justice to the game at all.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I didn't think I'd enjoy this as the preview videos made it look like there was some awful bullet sponging. Thankfully having played the beta this isn't as bad as i had feared. Enjoying it so far.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Had an email through with a beta code this afternoon.
Finishes tonight though so I think I'll just wait for the full game rather than download for a couple of hours and have half an hour on it before I go to bed.

Looks good though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Downloaded it overnight and had an hour or so this morning.
Seems good initially. It'll take some getting used to the controls with regards to cover etc. I kept getting thrown around in circles when I was trying to evade some flame thrower guys. I got burnt to a crisp.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Played it yesterday, did not enjoy. I know it's just a beta but it didn't play very well for a start, I didn't measure it but the FPS felt low for the graphics.

Then the realism side of things, shooting the enemies in the head with no helmet and they needed 3 or 4 headshots each before they'd go down. Fine when it's monsters, but human (I think?) targets takes away from it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Played it yesterday, did not enjoy. I know it's just a beta but it didn't play very well for a start, I didn't measure it but the FPS felt low for the graphics.

Then the realism side of things, shooting the enemies in the head with no helmet and they needed 3 or 4 headshots each before they'd go down. Fine when it's monsters, but human (I think?) targets takes away from it.

Yeah that bit did piss me off. Other shooters like Battlefield works that way, so why not this?

Human bullet sponges. Destiny.

Hmmm. Think I'll pass and wait a few weeks until after release before deciding. I have a feeling it's only going to be a massive disappointment once the novelty wears off. Part of the appeal to me was the gritty realism of a post apocalyptic shooter. Emptying clips into humans and seeing numbers spill out of them is not what I was expecting.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still enjoying it, especially when roaming in the Dark Zone. It can get real tense sometimes as you wait for loot extraction and you have rogue players in the area. The biggest gripe for me is the sometimes clunky-feeling controls; especially when in the midst of a shoot out and trying to use cover. It just doesn't 'flow' so good at times and the animation queueing system seems to cause lag when trying to move from one position of cover to another. Or when transitioning from a sprint to some other move, such as hopping over an obstacle.

What resolution are you playing at mate? It plays beautifully here with settings cranked up to the max (although admittedly I'm only playing at 1080p or 1200p depending on which monitor I'm hooked in to). Everyone seems to slate the 'dumbed' down graphics but it's actually pretty impressive; especially given the scale of the environment. It's not shy in terms of render tech and has some nice stuff going on.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
SharkyUK said:
What resolution are you playing at mate? It plays beautifully here with settings cranked up to the max (although admittedly I'm only playing at 1080p or 1200p depending on which monitor I'm hooked in to). Everyone seems to slate the 'dumbed' down graphics but it's actually pretty impressive; especially given the scale of the environment. It's not shy in terms of render tech and has some nice stuff going on.

Default settings and 1440p. The indoor parts (going through the tents) did look good. My reference was more that nothing seemed to be interactive.

I turned the detail down to high and it felt a lot more playable, but still not 'smooth'. Although that might have been the controls rather than the visuals.

I played a fair amount of the Beta on Xbox one, I agree with some of the comments made on here about bullet sponging etc.. But this isn't a call of duty or battlefront, this is a progression game where you meet strong and weak opponents - you should think of it more as a borderlands/fallout game. Considering the game play we have to remember this is a Beta and it will have issues.

I liked the game mainly because of the open-world role play game type. Playing by myself was a little boring and easy to turn off. But when my friends came online and we played it together it was great. Playing through the missions scattered around the map was fun. But what I enjoyed most was the PvP "Dark Zones", this game type is a little complicated so you'll have to play/read into it yourselves. But it really creates atmosphere and puts you on edge at times. There was a time myself and my friend had a lot of good loot, we came across two strangers, they could have opened fire on us to try and kill us and take our loot. But instead we both held off and actually joined our fire-teams together and bossed it as a four for about 2 hours. During this two hours we could have easily betrayed each other to take their loot etc, so you have to judge who you can and can't trust. It's actually pretty interesting and fun, a new concept in Player v Player gaming to me.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ That's all fair enough. But PVP open environment games aren't new and there are plenty of games out there to draw ideas from even if they're not the same playstyle (3rd person/FPS/point and click).

The main thing about open world shooters is having other people to play with, I'd be amazed if this game ends up being popular. It's Ubisoft afterall and it's been years since they've released anything decent.

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm pretty sure this game is going to be one of the biggest of the year. Plus, like it or not, Ubisoft are one of the biggest and most commercially successful publishers. It's definitely not going to be allowed to fail!

Also...South Park: The Stick of Truth, Assassins Creed (back when it was good), Far Cry, Trials, Rayman Legends and Watch Dogs are all great games (OK, Watch Dogs is great in places)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't see it.

I'm not going to buy it, none of the people at work that play a lot of console games are even talking about it, when I mentioned I'd got the beta no one had even heard of it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I bought this pre order from game bloody ages ago, for £2 so i bought two copies. There was a glitch on the site but they did email to say they will stand by the purchase.

At worst i make a few quid, at the best bargain :)

Mito Sportiva 135
I don't see it.

I'm not going to buy it, none of the people at work that play a lot of console games are even talking about it, when I mentioned I'd got the beta no one had even heard of it.
That's weird - everyone I know is talking about it or playing it. It's on all my gaming social media sites and websites too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this pre order from game bloody ages ago, for £2 so i bought two copies. There was a glitch on the site but they did email to say they will stand by the purchase.

At worst i make a few quid, at the best bargain :smile:
What console? Ps4? Want to sell the spare copy cheap?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still on the fence with it. I want it to be good, but I worry about it, simply on the basis that it's not FPS, its Third-Person. I don't usually like the handling on games in 3rd person (apart from Fallout 4). It has the potential to be great - providing it takes the good bits from games like Destiny!

I'm still on the fence with it. I want it to be good, but I worry about it, simply on the basis that it's not FPS, its Third-Person. I don't usually like the handling on games in 3rd person (apart from Fallout 4). It has the potential to be great - providing it takes the good bits from games like Destiny!
Did you ever play Gears of War? For me the third person mechanic felt similar to that. Jumping from cover to cover, shooting around cover and the ability to zoom on scoped weapons.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Did you ever play Gears of War? For me the third person mechanic felt similar to that. Jumping from cover to cover, shooting around cover and the ability to zoom on scoped weapons.
Yeah, I did. I wasn't a massive fan. I found the movement could be clunky, in terms of cover. That's a big worry for me, it needs to be fluid, otherwise I won't give it the time of day!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Gears worked very well and the controls were really suited to the genre.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't play the beta, but from reviews etc I'm seeing, everyone looks like a bullet sponge? Is that the case? I'm seeing people take a grenade blast and then 20 bullets from an assault rifle before they're dead?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't play the beta, but from reviews etc I'm seeing, everyone looks like a bullet sponge? Is that the case? I'm seeing people take a grenade blast and then 20 bullets from an assault rifle before they're dead?
Exactly that. 4-5 headshots to bring someone down, or nearly a full magazine of body shots (close up). Grenades didn't really do much damage either. Maybe it'll be fixed for release or at least patched in if they don't do it in time.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly that. 4-5 headshots to bring someone down, or nearly a full magazine of body shots (close up). Grenades didn't really do much damage either. Maybe it'll be fixed for release or at least patched in if they don't do it in time.
It's not an FPS, it's a third person RPG. It's nothing like CoD so they aren't going to patch in completely different game mechanics.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Open beta on XB1 starting the 18th of Feb (PS4 and PC starting the 19th). Think I will jump in and have a look. Hope I like it!