ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To sell or track?

Hey guys

As you may know from my other posts, my clio 172 ph2 has a nasty misfire, and is forever stalling and not starting on me.
I can't rely on it everyday anymore to get me to work.

So yesterday I bought myself a Fabia vRS to commute to work in.
Now what should I do with my Clio? which I love to bits when it's working. (It was the first car I ever purchased, the 2 cars before it were given to me by the parents :) )

I could sell it, but that would mean fixing it, or selling dirt cheap.
OR
Turn it into a track weapon? Which would still require fixing but not immediately. It could be a winter project.

I've done a few laps round the Nurburgring in it, but that's all the track its seen.
It's completely standard apart from a KTR cat back exhaust.

I could quite easily put some lightweight alloys with grippy tyres on it, and some better discs and pads, and I would imagine it would be a good starting track car like that.

But then I've got to insure two cars and a bike, otherwise I can't get it to track days.

Any thoughts?

If you can afford to keep it as a track car then do so!

Fix it up over winter and enjoy it next year, this was my first year of doing track days and i have really enjoyed it, im going to rebuild my suspension with a few extras and hit it hard next year!

Well I pick the Fabia up on Friday.

Thing is the clio only has 68,000 on the clock, I would effectively ruin it as a road car llol well as long as I don't strip it out I spose.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well I pick the Fabia up on Friday.

Thing is the clio only has 68,000 on the clock, I would effectively ruin it as a road car llol well as long as I don't strip it out I spose.

Oh I see.

good choice on the vRS. We've done 30k in ours without any problems. Great car.

Ah yes I've driven one of those, very nice, torque monster.
I got a new twin charged one with dsg.
puts flame suit on lol

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Have you tried changing the plug leads for some uprated ones and changing the coil pack? It may be the leads are breaking down and tracking across to cause misfire. If that's all it is then its a reasonably affordable fix.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
TBF, the resale is s**te on Clios nowadays. Trophys and well optioned 200s are the only ones commanding above general retail it seems.

Have you spent any money towards track improvements so far?

I thought about getting a proper car, but then I thought, Life is too short. If I enjoy driving, buy a drivers car. I now have a Trophy and an MK1 MX5.

IMO, trackdayweapon. Sell excess parts, run til it breaks, then sell parts.