ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To buy or not to buy lol

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Just had a test drive in this gorgeous yellow 13 plate. £13k with 30k on the clock.
74080b2c95b087896d5ae696d9e74acb.jpg

Very different to my old 172 but a very nice drive.
Hmmmmm what to do! I Think the colour is awesome!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I dont know where you live but theres a 1 owner one for sale in scotland for middle 12s on about 18k miles
S

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Saw a white one on the motorway yesterday.

Looked awesome, I didn't fancy the new looks but to be honest they look the tits.
Could do with a diffuser and splitter tho to give it a more aggressive edge.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Saw a white one on the motorway yesterday.

Looked awesome, I didn't fancy the new looks but to be honest they look the tits.
Could do with a diffuser and splitter tho to give it a more aggressive edge.
Same mate when I first saw the car online I was like "meh" but then seeing it in the flesh and driving it it's a stunner!!!!
When your in the cabin the flared arches are in your eyeline and look awesome!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
HKS and other Jap tuning houses should have some funky bits out pretty soon.
Apparently the engine responds pretty well to tuning, although I'd wait until BBR get their hands on it till you spend decent money on power.

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Supposedly but my inside sources at Mazda say it may never come as the manual soft top has proved more popular than expected

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I like the mx5 range, but the new one will take off big time.

What's the spec of them, not looked into it

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Basically 3 spec levels. SE. SE-L and sport. All available with our without nav. Two engines either a 1.5 or a 2.0 both skyactiv and low emission. The 1.5 is the better engine having driven both.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
New Alfa roadster and Fiat 124 next year will be interesting. Cheap roadsters that are affordable and don't get left behind by your average hot hatch

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
1.5 better than the 2.0 interesting.
2.0 is quicker off the mark but the 1.5 is an impressive engine and not markedly slower or at least doesn't feel it. Also has a more sweet rev response and the saving in tax and fuel outweighs the slight 0-62 difference of the 2.0. All the motoring journalists are saying the 1.5 is the one to have. Oddly though 2.0 is selling better!

Listerine & Poledo
MX5OC did a run with both cars at the same time.
The 1.5 couldn't hold the 2.0 on twisty roads at all. The theory is that the usual JDM crew will pour boost into 1.5s whereas the civilised will just get a 2.0 and live with it.

Saw one of the grey ND's the other day and didn't like it. Certainly not as good as the launch red. I want to see the blue ones in the metal though. I could be very tempted

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
New Alfa roadster and Fiat 124 next year will be interesting. Cheap roadsters that are affordable and don't get left behind by your average hot hatch

The new MX5 pissed all over the Golf Gti when they went round a track, was a good match for the Toyota GT-86 as well.

Having said that there are rumours Fiat will be using the new MX5 chassis and sticking a boosted lump in.
That'd be f**king sweet.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The new MX5 pissed all over the Golf Gti when they went round a track, was a good match for the Toyota GT-86 as well.

Having said that there are rumours Fiat will be using the new MX5 chassis and sticking a boosted lump in.
That'd be f**king sweet.

What track?

Golf GTI has over 50hp more than the most powerful MX5, along with double the torque, bigger tyres (I'm assuming this bit) and a LSD. The MX5 has always been about driving experience rather than outright pace.

I'd also be amazed if they stuck anything other than the 1.4TJet engine from the Fiat500 in the new 124 Spider. But that would be perfect IMO. They sell them with 180hp which would be more than enough in a 1000kg chassis.

Listerine & Poledo
Horsepower isn't everything for track work.
the 1/2 tonne less weight may have had something to do with it, possibly