ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips for servicing MK3 DCi 106

Clio III DCi 106
I want to give my car a good servicing. It's starting to feel a bit down on power.
The oil was changed in the summer but the fuel filter and air filter haven't been changed in nearly 15,000 miles.

What's the best air filter and diesel filter to use. Are standard filters as good as any?
I also want to try some injector cleaner. What's the best and is it really any use?
I may also clean the egr valve as It's getting bad on cold start ups. Any tips on that?

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Hi Dean, if you dont want to buy genuine filters..... FRAM filters are as good as any.
Injector cleaner........there's all different opinions on them.... i have my own on them.... but give diesel magic a trym about £5.50 a bottle.
As for EGR... this wont cause you to have starting issues..... EGR failing.... is tonnes of thick black smoke from the rear... & no boost.
Have you checked each Glowplug to see if there getting 12v on each.. & also check each plug is glowing.