ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Forged LY R26

R26-Rs
I'll say a wire has been caught some where. That's the most logical answer. i've had the battery off mine for near 3months before with no issues

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Whats the battery charge like?

Any messages coming up on the dash?

Everything connected to the ECU and battery terminals (there is a single LIVE wire that I've seen break off the terminal before)

Battery is connected to a booster so that's fine. I don't know if anything is showing on the dash.

The connections all look ok to me.

I'll say a wire has been caught some where. That's the most logical answer. i've had the battery off mine for near 3months before with no issues

It must be something not quite right when it's been swapped over.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Had a meeting at Celtic Manor yesterday so decided to visit Merlin Motorsport on the way back.
It's good to see progress being made mate (even with the odd minor issue here or there). I'm sorry I couldn't be around to catch up with you whilst you were over this way; had the circumstances been any different then I'd have made it happen!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Looks awesome dude!

Thanks Matt

It's good to see progress being made mate (even with the odd minor issue here or there). I'm sorry I couldn't be around to catch up with you whilst you were over this way; had the circumstances been any different then I'd have made it happen!

No problem, hope it went as well as it can do.

Woop! Awesome project. Read the whole lot now.

Cheers, there's lots missing that I need to add as well at some point.

Great news mate. :)

Yes, engine has been run up to temp now. There were a couple of coolant leaks so once sorted should be ready to go.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Good progress Tim. Can't wait to see it again. Bet your itching to get it up to rs tuning and back again

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Some photos I took this evening.

IMG_6873_zps5b6c82c4.jpg

IMG_6874_zpsbc54c154.jpg

IMG_6872_zps5331a57f.jpg

IMG_6875_zpse5460876.jpg

IMG_6879_zps0f081b19.jpg

IMG_6878_zps45b70394.jpg

Just read the whole lot, somehow missed it up until now. Good work and parts gone into it, hopefully all will go well with it!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Good progress Tim. Can't wait to see it again. Bet your itching to get it up to rs tuning and back again

It'll be at the next South Central meet, probably the Goodwood Breakfast Club.

Just read the whole lot, somehow missed it up until now. Good work and parts gone into it, hopefully all will go well with it!

I hadn't updated it very often so easy to miss.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I'm pissed off at moment as my rebuilt gearbox is still f**ked! It seems to be the diff that's damaged despite Agency saying the diff was ok.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
What's it doing Tim?

It's rattling when not under load. Does it on the road and when the car is in the air on the ramp.

It's same noise as when I stopped driving it so can't be clutch, flywheel etc as they're new. They don't think its the driveshafts and gearbox has been rebuilt so must be the diff.

340i
Is it not a self adjusting clutch? Has it been fitted correctly?

You need to reset the self adjusters in the new clutch pressure plate before fitting (or at least check to make sure they are correct)... There is a special Renault tool for this, but you can do it without:

P1020274.jpg

P1020277.jpg

P1020280.jpg

Courtsey of bmh.01 :)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
The adjusters were checked/reset before fitting.

The noise is exactly the same as before the box was rebuilt so not clutch or flywheel related.

The LSD doesn't always make noise when it's worn to the point where it's not locking as much as it should.

Easy to test.

Put the car on stands at the front - either wheels off or centre caps off the wheels so you can get at the hub nut.

Put the gearbox in neutral.

Use a beam torque wrench to rotate one driveshaft via the hub nut for at least two turns watching to see the most torque you need. Write this down.

Repeat for the other wheel. Write this down. Find the average of the wtow readings and write this down as your neutral average.

Put the gearbox into 1st.

Repeat the torque measurements for both wheels. Write these down, and average them - this is your 1st average.

Now a teeny bit of maths. Divide the 1st average by the neutral average. That number gives an idea of the health of the LSD. Less than 2.5 and it's officially kippered according to Honda specs. Bascially the higher it is, the fresher the LSD.

That's for a Honda S80 box, the diff's are the same design so the theory of checking the preload should still apply.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
The lsd is fine but they've now found that one of the teeth on the pinion is damaged. Bit annoyed it wasn't noticed the first time.

Turbo is at CR Turbos to be hybrid'd this week.

Hopefully I'll get gearbox and turbo back by end of week and I'll be able to drive my car again sometime next week.

I dropped the car off on 1st August so miss driving it now!! A Ford KA isn't fun but it's saved me £400 or £500 in fuel lol

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Agency Transmissions say the gearbox will be ready either tomorrow or Friday.

Turbo will be back early next week as well so by end of the week I should finally be able to drive the car again :smile:

Plan is to run engine in for 500 miles then book it into RS Tuning for mapping.

Agency Transmissions say the gearbox will be ready either tomorrow or Friday.

Turbo will be back early next week as well so by end of the week I should finally be able to drive the car again :smile:

Plan is to run engine in for 500 miles then book it into RS Tuning for mapping.

My mate is having his 250 turbo fitted and mapped today at Paul's! Knowing how he feels, I bet you're like a kid on Christmas Eve!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
My mate is having his 250 turbo fitted and mapped today at Paul's! Knowing how he feels, I bet you're like a kid on Christmas Eve!

Gearbox is ready so hopefully the courier can deliver it for Friday.

Trouble is I'm going to have to take it easy until it's run in and mapped!