ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Forged LY R26

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Pleased to here it's all going smoothly now. I bet gwmt can't wait to let it off the leash and push further into the Rev range.

Looking forward to seeing it soon been bloody ages. I'm even starting to think about getting a 225 maybe next year?

I would get an R26 not a 225 as the LSD etc make it much better to drive.

Smashing work Tim!!! Properly awesome. Next time I'm over your way I'll have to take some pics of yours and Oli's together. The south central forced induction crew.

Sounds good to me!

Good work buddy. Look forward to seeing this again, been a while now.

Good work!!

Lovely stuff :smile:

Success then Tim.

Thanks everyone :)

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Not much of an update but...

Almost up to 325 miles now so it will be going in for it's last lot of running in oil tomorrow.

Tonight I took it through the gears up to 5k rpm for the first time. The thing just flys now, so much quicker already and power delivery is so smooth it's unbelievable. I think it might even accelerate quicker now using only 5k than it was before flat out!

It doesn't even feel like it needs a remap which surprised me as I wasn't expecting much difference at the moment. It might just be highlighting how tired the old engine was with it making only 265bhp and less than 300lbft.

Now I've explored the rev range a bit more I can notice the lightened flywheel. It makes a massive difference as you can feel it wants to rev much faster now. I'd recommend it to any Megane owners that need a new clutch or dmf (not worth the expense otherwise imo). The R26r clutch doesn't feel much different to standard clutch so no downsides to that upgrade either.

Hopefully this weekend I'll get the stud kit fitted and it'll be detailed by @Daniel if his dent guy is available so expect some potato pictures :smile:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Tomorrow is the big day :)

Oil was switched over to Millers Nanodrive last week after 500 miles. It's on almost 800 miles now so I'll have over 1000 miles on the new engine once I've got to RS Tuning.

My mechanic checked the car over yesterday and everything was good so fingers crossed it makes decent power!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Good luck for tomo mate, i hope it makes good power. Looking forward to seeing the results. :smile:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Disappointment again unfortunately :(

It made 237bhp and 320lbft torque with it doing nothing from 5k. On investigation we found the exhaust cam timing was a mile out and silicone has been used on cam cover blocking the oil ways.

Next step is to get the cam cover sealant and timing sorted then back up to RS Tuning. On the bright side it's not a wasted journey as it's highlighted the issue before anything major happened and I'm up in Leeds for work anyway.

Fingers crossed it'll be 3rd time lucky next time at RS Tuning!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
It's going back to the garage on Monday to get the timing and cam cover sorted.

I've been working today on getting the Odyssey battery mounted in the holder I bought.
IMG_6949_zps9192b174.jpg

The ends weren't straight so fixed that using my vice.
IMG_6964_zpsc28eee43.jpg

Drilled four holes to mount it to battery tray.
IMG_6966_zps5b364218.jpg

IMG_6971_zpsa998b215.jpg

Used a punch and hammer to mark where to drill on the battery tray.
IMG_6984_zpscd9c8ab3.jpg

Ready to go back in the car.
IMG_6990_zpsc92755c1.jpg

Next I'll be mounting the Mocal catch tank then I think I'll get the battery holder powder coated black to match.
IMG_6852_zps1dcc5175.jpg

Nice work Tim. Hope you get the timing sorted without too much hassle.
I picked up my 250 today. Lovely car, not liking the mpg though compared to the 182.
The Friday after I saw you guys I did a trackday in the 182 and knackered the clutch in the first session (managed to rev match for the rest of the day) then it cut out on the way home and I couldn't get it going so seemed like a good excuse lol.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Nice work Tim. Hope you get the timing sorted without too much hassle.
I picked up my 250 today. Lovely car, not liking the mpg though compared to the 182.
The Friday after I saw you guys I did a trackday in the 182 and knackered the clutch in the first session (managed to rev match for the rest of the day) then it cut out on the way home and I couldn't get it going so seemed like a good excuse lol.

I find the R26 is on average 5mpg worse than the 172.

Are you bringing the 250 to the Oxfordshire meet next Sunday?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I expected to come in here back from holiday to see exciting figures and all sorts, shame it happened but at least you found it early!

Hope it's up and running asap!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Is that a larger boost pipe?

Yes, it's the Forge hard pipe kit. http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Alloy_Hard_Pipe_Kit_for_Renault_Megane_225230--product--973.html

I've got almost everything Forge sell for the Megane.

I expected to come in here back from holiday to see exciting figures and all sorts, shame it happened but at least you found it early!

Hope it's up and running asap!

I don't have much luck when I visit RS Tuning!

Hopefully I'll be able to go back for mapping before the end of the year.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
The car is back now after having the cam cover resealed, cam timing sorted and I also decided to have the cams from the old engine refitted.

There is a Surrey Rolling Road day on Saturday so I'm taking it a power run, hopefully it performs better than last week at RS Tuning!

I'm going to try to book it back in with RS Tuning for mapping on Friday 12th December as I'd like it to be ready for the Pistonheads meet at Goodwood on Sunday 14th.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, noticed on MS you're selling your old engine? This still the case? (Haven't read your thread yet its on my to do list lol)