ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tiger sealed dogbone mount

172 ph-quick
Was going to get the mount polybushed but everywhere i spoke to was out of stock for the inline so i thought sod it and bought a QH replacement. this ended up being worse than the original fecked item, so whilst i had the standard one sat there i thought id fill it with tiger seal and leave it to dry for a few days.
Fitted yesterday and so happy with the difference:D
I know its a bit pikey and i probably will do it properly when this gives up but for now its a cheap polybushed mount, after all tiger seal is polyurethane.

However i can see what people mean by getting more vibrations through the car, but its not bad and for the first time since ive owned it i can floor it and hear some proper noise, not that bloody vibing/knocking noise and the gear change is spot on.

Not too interesting but hey ho, im just so much happier with the way it drives now.

Bit of a strange method to use but if it stops the knocking then thats all that matters, not to sure how long it will last though

172 ph-quick
yeh im still unsure how its gonna fare but time will tell, ill just check it once a week, but its basically one big lump of sealant now so it shouldnt fall apart too easily. Once the weather warms up and i know i wont be using the car for a few days ill probably have a go at the upper mount too.

Im glad you posted this is I have just bought a new dogbone mount for the 182 and have bought tiger seal to fill in the gaps. Did you cover the whole existing rubber aswell as the gaps either side??

I am unsure whether to fill in the gaps either side of the rubber or cover the whole rubber with tiger seal purely because I dont know how hard it would make the mount being fully covered, at a risk of being to hard and causing some problem down the line???

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
plenty of people done it on mk1's and its been fine for yonks.

172 ph-quick
should have got pics really but nevermind. I filled the gaps and then packed it out as much as i could, then just ran an old ruler around the face of the bush to smooth it off. You could always fill the gaps first, then finish at a later date if its not enough. Easier to add than take away i suppose. Either way your likely to get some more vibration at idle but nothing thats outrageous and the benefits outweigh the drawbacks imo