ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, does anyone know where I can buy these bushes? Ideally already in a dogbone so I don't have to mess around with removing the old bushes.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Apologies for resurrecting this thread, does anyone know where I can buy these bushes? Ideally already in a dogbone so I don't have to mess around with removing the old bushes.
I'm sure @PhillipM said his supplier shut and he was tweaking the design for new material. That was a while back though. If you ant get one I'd go with an evol engineering one. I've run both and couldn't tell the difference.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Yea I did redo the design for some better material with even less NVH - but it pushed the price up some so I didn't really push them, plus I haven't been working really bar odd jobs for half the year due to some surgery.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Yea I did redo the design for some better material with even less NVH - but it pushed the price up some so I didn't really push them, plus I haven't been working really bar odd jobs for half the year due to some surgery.
No worries, saw this thread a while back, I'm less than happy with the NVH from the powerflex one on mine atm and would rather not go back to standard as she drives brilliantly at the min (how much of that is the dogbone I don't know).
I'm sure @PhillipM said his supplier shut and he was tweaking the design for new material. That was a while back though. If you ant get one I'd go with an evol engineering one. I've run both and couldn't tell the difference.
Know where I can get one of those evol ones mate?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
If you're not happy with the NVH from the powerflex I think you'd be even worse with the Evol
Ah, assumed it was a similar thing, their website looks like it was made in a teenagers bedroom 20 years ago which didn't help.
Any other alternatives or am I at your mercy?

406 V6, Race Buggy
I'm not sure what else there is out there, someone might have some other options, I think I do have a new dogbone somewhere, but I can't remember where I stored it, I'll have a look and see if I can find it or not.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure what else there is out there, someone might have some other options, I think I do have a new dogbone somewhere, but I can't remember where I stored it, I'll have a look and see if I can find it or not.
Would really appreciate it, cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ah, assumed it was a similar thing, their website looks like it was made in a teenagers bedroom 20 years ago which didn't help.
Any other alternatives or am I at your mercy?
I’ve got the very first Evol dog bone mount. They even sent me a letter to say thanks for buying the very first one. 😂

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got the very first Evol dog bone mount. They even sent me a letter to say thanks for buying the very first one. 😂
More of a track oriented item I assume then? Mine's purely a road car and I'd like to try and reduce the vibrations in the cabin a bit before I go chasing little rattles all over the car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
More of a track oriented item I assume then? Mine's purely a road car and I'd like to try and reduce the vibrations in the cabin a bit before I go chasing little rattles all over the car.
I can’t honestly remember if it’s on my car or my van. Both rattle their tits off anyway so I wouldn’t be able to tell. 😂

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Solution to this it's either rotate the big bush in the existing std dogbone 45 deg you will see why when you look at the bush. (Needs removing to do this)
Worth a try first.
Or just fit the big powerflex bush to the dogbone and leave the small one std this works well none of the movement but without the vibration may get a little initially but this will settle after a few weeks.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Solution to this it's either rotate the big bush in the existing std dogbone 45 deg you will see why when you look at the bush. (Needs removing to do this)
Worth a try first.
Or just fit the big powerflex bush to the dogbone and leave the small one std this works well none of the movement but without the vibration may get a little initially but this will settle after a few weeks.
Sounds like a good option then if @PhillipM doesn't have one lying around.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
No worries, saw this thread a while back, I'm less than happy with the NVH from the powerflex one on mine atm and would rather not go back to standard as she drives brilliantly at the min (how much of that is the dogbone I don't know).

Know where I can get one of those evol ones mate?

I had an Evol on one of my 182's quite a few years ago, and took it off after about a week. it was dreadful. However, a powerflex upgrade dogbone and engine mount insert, are one of the first mods I'd usually do on a 182 now. I've only ever had a very small increase in vibration and noise with these, most of the time it wasn't noticeable, in fact I remember being shocked after my experience with the Evol mount.

Are you using the Black track version or Purple road version?

Might be worth checking the condition of your other mounts too, as the stiffness added to the dogbone, could maybe cause extra vibration is the two upper mounts on the gearbox and engine if they're worn.

There is also Floflex, think there a Polish company that do bushes for the 182 dogbone. Not sure if they're any softer.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
It's got a yellow top engine mount insert, not sure on the rest of the mounts. 99% sure the dogbone itself is purple bushes, car has also had powerflex steering rack bushes and some other stuff, all purple though I believe.
@PhillipM is kindly sorting me out, so will fit that and go from there.