ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ticking noise - clio 182

Renault Clio 182
Driving earlier today and then suddenly something started ticking coming from the front of my car, it started quietly and then got louder as i was going along. I went straight to the Renault garage to get a technician to see what it was, then when i started the car guess what, no ticking....I explained it to him and took it for a drive and still no loud ticking. What could this be? :S

172 y reg flamer
Driving earlier today and then suddenly something started ticking coming from the front of my car, it started quietly and then got louder as i was going along. I went straight to the Renault garage to get a technician to see what it was, then when i started the car guess what, no ticking....I explained it to him and took it for a drive and still no loud ticking. What could this be? :S

carbon cannister? maybe

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Sounds like what's been happening to mine, donst tick on standing, hasn't been ticking past few days now, but it has been ticking last week the odd day quit loud it comes and goes

the ticking noises,

does the space between them become less the faster you go?

i.e does it speed up the faster you go??

Renault Clio 182
Is it an engine noise or running gear? I.e. if you dip the clutch does the noise disappear?

The ticking carried on even when I dipped the clutch. When the car was parked up the ticking carried on. Not sure what it could be!?