ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on Selling Clio 200

RS 200
Thinking of selling my ClioSport 200 due to financial reasons.

It's mint with just under 39,000, full service history, Recaro's, Sat Nav, bluetooth (Parrot) etc (at work but can post pics later).

However, it needs a new gearbox...

I took it to be valued part ex and they offered me £6800, which would cover my outstanding finance on it.

In the real world, how much would I be looking at private?

Ta

Clio 197 F1
You have Recaro's so I would assume you have cup pack?
Autotrader is showing about £7900 - £8900, however the gearbox job is a huge hindrance on price and I would say the part ex is actually pretty good.
Gearbox replace from Renault is around £2300 with a new clutch IIRC but would need to be double checked. The better option would be to buy a box from RSCEurope on ebay at £295+VAT plus fitting and potentially a new clutch while it's all out (given that someone might do this at cost while the box is out) you're looking at £600-800.

Get the gearbox replaced along with a clutch and I could see it selling for closer to £8500+ as you have sat nav and the added bonus of saying the gearbox has been replaced which I would expect to draw more attention as it's a huge Google search problem when looking for 197/200 issues.

172 Turbo
Having no idea about the gearbox issues... Could it survive a 5 minute We Buy Any Car test drive or is it a hugely broken pile of cogs?

Clio MK3
I would take the part exchange offer imo, as previous posters have mentioned the cost of a new gearbox on a 200 will lower the private sale price a large amount and could take a while to shift if people are not willing to purchase a car which needs this done.

Clio 172
Thinking of selling my ClioSport 200 due to financial reasons.

It's mint with just under 39,000, full service history, Recaro's, Sat Nav, bluetooth (Parrot) etc (at work but can post pics later).

However, it needs a new gearbox...

I took it to be valued part ex and they offered me £6800, which would cover my outstanding finance on it.

In the real world, how much would I be looking at private?

Ta

Bloody hell, it's only done 39.000 and the gearbox is dead, what happened.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
try Renault goodwill on gearbox first- If you can get 90% then that's worth it-
depends on service history.

otherwise out it.

PS get your price then strip the recaros out of it.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Renault made it. It's a standard feature on 197/200's.

And to a degree, 172/182's too.

Notoriously s**t gearboxes.

Bloody hell, I know some cars have weak gearboxes, but that is just taken the piss. Is it just the Clio which have crap boxes.

RB 182 FF
I love my 182 apart from the s**t gearbox, to be fair they ruin the car!! Why can't reno just make an effort at decent gearboxs?! After all a sports car is all about 3 main things, engine/gearbox/handling.....!!

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
You can get a gearbox for as little as £300 these days, I don't see what all the fuss it about

for 197/200's

Corsa Van. Meh.
You obviously want rid so to save the hassle just take what you've been offered and move on.