ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thou shalt not be tempted

went to see a mates car he wants tidying up before sale today, did a ten minute clean up of the paint to see what needs doing on it. im back on friday to clean it up for him and see, how much i can fix it up. needs the boot respraying and machine polish to some panels but apart from that its mint and original. got sunroof in aftermarket and the original seats which are soooo comfy!! starts and runs fine too. (cameraphone pics excuse quality)

Photo-01666.jpg

paint still shines up well with a good bit of pearl. altho there is black marks on the car, which came off the garage when the paint was heat blasted off, they will come off i just need to work out what to do it with before i attack them. (you can see it in left of pic)

Photo-0163.jpg

i didnt touch the back as its the worst area of the car, mudflaps in boot, but even thats fixable.

Photo-0161.jpg

wheels need a refurb but thats not an issue, if i had them i'd put a little bit of sparkle into them instead of the flat gold.

this is his day to day, and he's got a supercharged civiv typeR which he's prepping for time attack (i hate him)

Photo-01652.jpg

was only meant to be cleaning it this friday, but he asked me if i want to buy it.... FFS im skint but still thinking about it, as a winter project and for next years shows...

Photo-0164.jpg

Photo-01655.jpg

why am i so attracted to an old french heap of metal...

A Flamin' Red one
You're tempted because they're cool! Seriously. The 172/182s are 'nice cars' but I wouldn't call them cool. The MK1 16V and Williams just have something about them that (IMO) no other little hot hatch does.

320d
Buy it!!!

And do it now befoe its cleaned up so you get it cheaper ;)

Would love a williams if theres any left in a few years.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Megane in white looks spot on.

Offer him 50p for the Williams as I can't even give mine away.

You know what im going to say ;)

you know who will be fixing and refreshing if it gets bought!! ;)

no comment on price yet, as im trying to bring him down, i still dont know what these go for now.

williams 2, totally standard, MOT'd, SORN, 112K... 2K far of the margin?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh, to high.

More like £1,750.

I'd sell mine for £2k in a shot and that cosmetically is mint and 95k. So I would bring him down some more.

ValverInBits
Photo-0161.jpg

I would put this forward as possibly the worst pic of a williams ever. What in gods name are those tyres. Looks like it's an RT or something. and the mudflap! thank god it's coming off :)

Still though, buy it, buy it, buy it. It's gotta be done. Especially if you can't find rust on it.