ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This must be a scam? Brembo content

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Yeah that was the reason behind my initial thoughts of going for the 300's but then if you want to run 15s it won't work

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I went for the Megane 3 RS one's, so he is now officialy sold-out :grin:
Already testfitted a set of these on the sunflower, looked absolutely awesome but these ones where horrible (corrosion knackered them completely).
In my opionion an even better option than the 197 ones, more pad and an even better fit to the 300mm discs.
20t2fdx.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puremotorsport brackets with the better offset, 300mm Scenic discs and Brembo OE pads (for now). Got a bargain on the pads and pins so in total my conversion will have cost me £593 including delivery. Very chuffed!

EDIT: Well, except for them not fitting under my wheels lol! I need Cup Turinis so if anyone knows of any, give us a shout :smirk:
Offset difference is 15mm iirc so sticking some 15mm front spacers on will achieve the same.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Clio 182 Trophy
I am buying a set to go under 2118s. I have heard of MK2 Brembos going under them with custom brackets and spacers but would the MK3 go under and would there be any benefit?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Well the mk3 are newer and look better;).

Depends what you're after really. The brackets I got were only £100. Most other brackets are much more. I'd assume that the brackets for the mk3s will be very expensive

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Can you tell me mate. The mk3 calipers you bought. Was it £140 for the pair?!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
i never knew this! Gutted! The mk3 calipers are stunning!

I had the oppertunity to buy a set of mk3 275 calipers, but as no one has ever tried this before i first opted to check if it would fit on the 172/182.
In the end, i could mount them on the exact same brackets as i already use for my 225 brembo setup.
The calipers and pads are a bit bigger and because of this you have more pad on the disc -> even greater stopping power :up:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
I should really be getting some cut of this guys calipers. Think since this thread has went up most of them have sold!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Ooh I like this....are the 275 brembo's available in silver?
What pad do they use?
What are the piston sizes/mbc size?

These are allot more common in silver than they are in red, pretty much the same with the older style brembo's though.

Pads of the mk3 275 calipers :
I already have new pins and these pads here, and i can confirm that these are indeed correct!
Brembo part number : P54040
brembo-p54040.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Clio 182 Trophy
Can anyone confirm if the MK3 Brembos will go under 15" 2118s? I understand they will need custom brackets and spacers but if I can get them to work I will go for it. Also, I assume I would need the 280mm discs as the 300mm may be too much of a squeeze.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Supercharged AG 200
That is a bargain! A set of red ones would go well on the trophy @cpaterson76 :wink:
They would do mate..... I weighed up all the factors and couldn't justify based on the braking power I get from the existing with good pads......

They do look pretty though:hearteyes:

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Can anyone confirm if the MK3 Brembos will go under 15" 2118s? I understand they will need custom brackets and spacers but if I can get them to work I will go for it. Also, I assume I would need the 280mm discs as the 300mm may be too much of a squeeze.

You will need to mill of a few mm on the normal 200 brembo's already to get them to fit on the 280mm discs. These are even bigger so unless you mill of even more and basically remove the structure it will absolutely not fit. To note i can bearly get a hair between the calipers and my renault oz f1 16" wheels.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Just to let folk know I received mine safe and sound..and brand new! Over the moon with them. Now to fit them

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just a heads up, they are only around £290-300 from Renault for a set of calipers also. I recently got a set of silver 197 ones for £290 from a Renault dealer on ebay brand new.

Last edited:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Cup 172
Just a heads up, they are only around £290-300 from Renault for a set of calipers also. I recently got a set of silver 197 ones for £290 from a Renault dealer on ebay brand new.

Yeah but I paid £240 for the nice red ones? Surely it's a no brainier!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Yeah but I paid £240 for the nice red ones? Surely it's a no brainier!

Absolutely. I was just meaning if people struggle to find them if that guy from Poland sells out, they aren't as dear as people would think from the dealers. I expected them to be a lot more expensive.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
You can guarantee these are genuine, just havent been obtained genuinely by the seller.....but who cares!:smile::up:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
Yes definitely Oggy! I worked with a Pole in Norway and Nowegian Kroner to Zsloty exchange meant he was on about 38 quid an hour.....!😊

Trader Rating - 100%
74   0   0
@jesus @Cribert

How long did it take for him to mark as posted and to actually get some notifications that it's on way? Was your total delivery about 10 days I read?
I had to message him asking for a tracking number then they were marked as posted a few days after. He replies quite quickly but doesn't seem to know how to use eBay properly, which isn't really a problem if he's just starting out.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  clio cup race car
I ordered 4 pairs of calipers 2 weeks ago and paid them straight away , this week I haven't had any replies to my emails , still waiting for the parts , not happy !