ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

This Mornings Road Rage!

Tailgating is the lowest form of sh*t driving. It shows you up to be a cretin of a driver who has about as much road craft as a steaming pile of dog sh*t piloting a roller skate. Anyone who tailgates me ends up going a whole lot slower than they would if they just follwed safely :) Their loss really, the closer you get the slower youre going to be going, so up to you mate!

The biggest problem is that those that do it are so ignorant, they dont even realise theyre doing something dangerous. Theyre just servile scum who follow you by 18inches for the sake of it. Half the time they dont even overtake when given the chance. They often have no plan of overtaking, and arent even in a hurry.

I wouldnt waste my energy slamming the brakes on though. Most of these parasites are probably in company cars anyway, so theyre not going to give a toss if they hit you. The others are so brain dead theyre not going to even consider the idea that its their fault. Then theres the small minority thatll probably end up putting a stanley knife in your stomach and kick the sh*t out of your car while you bleed to death on the pavement.

I agree with Roy. If i am on a single lane road then the closer someone gets to me the slower i drive until they get the idea.
However these days 95% of my driving is on the motorway and sure i get loads of people driving far to close to me during rush hour on the M25 but they normally do that to stop other slower cars from cutting them up and pulling in to the fast lane. If its some sh1tter or a van that is close to me i simply pull in to the lane on my left and let them tailgate someone else.

BMW M3

What annoys me about motorway/dual carrage way driving is the people who slowly overtake someone and then just sit in the fast lane for ages until they decide to pull off the motorway or DCW. And i am sorry if it offends anyone, but in my experience it is usually old people or women. When they sit there, there is no legal way of getting past them and even the old indicator flick doesnt work. Although i dont do it myself, i am not surprised people tailgate when the car infront wont move !!! I am not saying i am a good driver or anything, but i am constantly aware of other drivers around me and so when i overtake someone and there is a car behind me, i move over to let them past. Simple !!! Makes life easier for everyone as well as safer...

172beast

Agree with Justin, folk who sit in the middle or outside lane when there not overtaking really winds me up. Im doing 70mph in inside lane, some muppet poddering along at 50mph in middle lane, I have to cut across 3 lanes then back across 3 lanes to get past, then most of the time theyll flash you as you pull back into the middle lane, then inside lane, wtf is that all about!!!

Ive given up bothering these days. If theres lines of traffic in the outised and middle lanes and nothing int the slow lane, I just undertake all 400 cars.

The slow lane is the new fast lane :p Lane discipline has become so bad that you just have to use whichever lane allows best progress.

BMW M3

yeh... i would resort to that if needs be (slowly though) but i am so worried of unmarked cop cars. Only the other day i was doing quite a substancial speed on a relitivley empty road when i notice a vaux vectra with an excessive amount of arials. I did manage to slow down in time and see 2 uniformed officers in the car. These are my big worry... round where i live there is an unmarked BMW 330 ci. Their are everywhere!!!!

Top Tip: Go to you local headquarters and look in the secured police car car park. Amongst all the cop cars they are usaully some normal cars with many arials. Watch out for these bad boys on your journeys....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by dangermouse_se on 17 June 2005

This thread is very entertaining. While we are talking about taligating has anyone else noticed that Golf GTI or TD drivers are always tailgating? Seems to be a personality trait...weird.

But so we can all be happy how about fitting a paint spray into the rear bumper then instead of braking you could all be happy and just paint the front of the offending car a different colour? :p

eh yes got tailed by a bora tdi (all three letters red - 150 PD i think) the other week. at the end of the day he was spoiling for it but never had the pace in the end - what a pity

FF Arctic Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 17 June 2005

He had to brake for a cat coco pops, cat ran off as soon as he got out of car

Can you prove otherwise...........?
If you gave this reason for braking it would be part your fault, youre not supposed to stop like that for cats, would more than likely be a 50/50 split on blame for this.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by ste_brough on 24 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 17 June 2005

He had to brake for a cat coco pops, cat ran off as soon as he got out of car

Can you prove otherwise...........?
If you gave this reason for braking it would be part your fault, youre not supposed to stop like that for cats, would more than likely be a 50/50 split on blame for this.

ok stopped for a dog/ass/horse/swan - better ?

I find a prolonged wash of the windscreen gets the point across!

If it really turns fruity ive got my trusty 6 D cell mag-lite clipped to the bulkhead that the rear seats sit on!!

I have no intension of using it in any other way than to light things up or if someone pulls something on me or there is a group of muppets at it I will have a little back up just in case! so many nutters about the place.

I read about some poor f**ker on the A34 who tapped his brakes on to get someone off his chuff. He got follow so he pulled over as he didnt want the bloke knowing where he lived.

The tailgater pushed him down an embankment so noone could see him give the guy a kicking. He also sunk his teeth into his face, pushed his face into some brambles and then wrapped the brambles round his neck to throttle him.

This was done to a 21yr old by a 62yr old. It just goes to show there are nutters out there and they aint easy to spot!

Youve been warned!!