ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting a 182....

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  No car
Thinking of getting a Black Gold 182, I've seen the following on auto trader, the only thing is the fact that its a Cat C? What are your point and views? Not looking to spend more than £3k but this caught my eye?

Thanks.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cat c f**k that it will be nothing but a pain in the ass to sell, if you can sell it. for 3k you should be able to pick up a 182 without being in a 'shunt'

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cat C isnt the end of the world, but I only go for one if it was a LOT cheaper than a straight equivalent car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Personaly i wouldnt bother at all. Budget £3k, get the best example you can with no s%^t past. It would allways bug me its been a write off. Suppose everyone's different.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Not a lot wrong with a Cat C if it's fixed well. Just means you buy cheap and sell cheap. It only bothers people who care more about image than substance, or don't REALLY understand cars

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
I paid 3k for a categorised Trophy, No way would i be paying 3k for a regular 182 unless it had some pretty special mods.

>2k springs to mind.

Iv'e never been put off by a cat car, Iv'e had 3 now and all have been great, Loads of cars are damaged and not recorded. As long as the vehicle drives perfect and looks good then what's the problem?

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  No car
This is where I'd be looking. Lovely car for the buck :)

That does look lovely, i'll send him a pm. Very interested. Someones coming to look at the cup in a little bit so if all goes well i'd be onto that.

Thanks for your opinions guys, Just wasnt looking in the right place to be honest.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  No car
Not a lot wrong with a Cat C if it's fixed well. Just means you buy cheap and sell cheap. It only bothers people who care more about image than substance, or don't REALLY understand cars

Yeah I see what you mean Dan, Its not something that would bother me greatly but i suppose it depends where the damage was and who repaired it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Like i say everyones different. And im not being funny but you wouldnt pay 3K for a clean 182???? Thats what i paid for my inferno, bargain if you ask me.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I paid 3k for a categorised Trophy, No way would i be paying 3k for a regular 182 unless it had some pretty special mods.

>2k springs to mind.

Iv'e never been put off by a cat car, Iv'e had 3 now and all have been great, Loads of cars are damaged and not recorded. As long as the vehicle drives perfect and looks good then what's the problem?

Sorry but lol at 2k

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
doncaster k9 or whatever he's called is selling a nice black gold 182, its in the for sale section.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
A cat 182 is worth around 1800 imo. A mint one with all the belts etc and around 50k seem to fetch £3k - £3.5k

From what i have seen anyway.

Apologies, i thought you were refering to getting a clean 182 for a couple of grand.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I bought a straight silver 182 (needs belts) for £1900 last week. And that wasn't trade, I bought it out of the paper! There's plenty of cheap ones about.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I bought a straight silver 182 (needs belts) for £1900 last week. And that wasn't trade, I bought it out of the paper! There's plenty of cheap ones about.

So around £2500 with belts then? Taking away what you do for a living. Miles?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ah right. Thats why i said taking away what you do for a living as it would cost around that much for average joe

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2013 Toyota GT86
Also with a Cat C, it's worth knowing how old the car was when it had the accident. If it was less than two years old, it was probably quite a lot of damage. Obviously when a car get's older it would be written off more easily. You take your chances I guess.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  NOBLE M400 + TOYS +
well overpriced get one off coparts;

Lot # 26378262

<1000quid loads and loads on there i know someone who paid 450quid for a trophy couple of months back with side panel smashes:cool:

u can even get hpi clear newer models, these are the bestest ever;

Lot # 25808532

great bonus as can b sold throu dealers & NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW ITS BEEN SMASHED for FULL RETAIL PRICE, and most people think if cars hpi clear its never been smashed :quiet:

000's on there

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
There isn't thousands on there, you moron.

Flol.
Indeed

In fact I just checked and currently there is a total of 1 182 on there and its had a fairly heavy front end smash, so therefore actually a total of zero by my reckoning in terms of ones suitable for the OP