ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of coming back to a cliosport ;-)

monaco blue 172 ..
ive had the corolla t sport for about 2 years now and its been a gr8 car , never let me down once , but the neighbour has a mk2 172 and he keeps taunting me everytime he goes out , and im affraid to say ive finally cracked and am considering getting another 172 ?
but the question is mk1 or mk 2 ,,, my sis used to have the mk 1 and ive seen a few around my way . any views ?
will prob be part ex mine ....

Last edited:
  monaco blue 172 ..
the red one a stunner ... 1 owner from new 02 plate but 60 k on clock £3990
is it 72 k when the timing belt is done ?

C

Cupster

72K or five years so should have been done already to be honest. Had mine done at 32K, on five years, just to be sure. Make sure the kits are done too i.e. cam/aux belts with tensioner kits and water pump checked!

monaco blue 172 ..
just done a search and found BEN/angelworks charges around 350 ? for the belts which is a good price imo .. ;-)
compared to what some dealers charge .....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ive had the corolla t sport for about 2 years now and its been a gr8 car , never let me down once , but the neighbour has a mk2 172 and he keeps taunting me everytime he goes out , and im affraid to say ive finally cracked and am considering getting another 172 ?
but the question is mk1 or mk 2 ,,, my sis used to have the mk 1 and ive seen a few around my way . any views ?
will prob be part ex mine ....

Random question, m8 - but did all Corolla T-Sports have that awful twin exhaust thing going on? Where the backbox was located on the right side (looking at the boot), with a pipe just running across to the left exit?

Looked absolute poop on the ones I've seen - like a Sunday afternoon bodge-job gone wrong - lol!

Anyways, with the regards to the 1*2s - I would say that the Ph1 172 I drove of my m8's felt a lot more 'raw' to drive than my 182 - and for me, that's certainly not a bad thing. There's nothing in it between the two for acceleration, but a lot of people on here prefer the cable throttle of the Ph.1 172, compared to the electronic one on the 182. I didn't really notice much difference myself, but the cable one felt a little more immediate to responses.

I personally think that the Ph.1 172 front-end, looks superb - even better if the car itself is lowered a bit.

If you want a Ph.1 to drool over, do a search on here for some of Middo's pics of his Yellow Sub. Imo, the best looking Ph.1 on here. :approve:

D.

monaco blue 172 ..
tis the compressor with the twin exhaust ... went to look at 2 flame red 172's neither had had the cambelt etc done , one had been re-sprayed on the rear end so that was a no no , and the other one wouldn't believe me with the 5yr cam belt change , and wouldn't budge with the price . so the search goes on ....

monaco blue 172 ..
well looked at 4 so far at garages . and they all had visible bodywork done to them .. bloody gutted .. just been looking at my old one LS03 NHM .... wish id never got rid of it now ... really want another one asap .... :(

Roffles at Black Gold. Otherwise known as black. Only owners call it black gold. Everyone else (on Earth) calls it black with swirls.

Black 197
Roffles at Black Gold. Otherwise known as black. Only owners call it black gold. Everyone else (on Earth) calls it black with swirls.

+1

My mate has a BG 182...

Cant even see the "gold" fleck as it were.. IMO its black no matter how fancy it's called..

monaco blue 172 ..
went to look at a 172 cup saturday .. got there looked very nice, checked it all over ,,, everything was as it should be ,,,, man gave me the keys and trade plate ,, for test drive , started it up , oh my god , engine was knocking its head off . but thought sod it , and took drive anyway .. hehehe wow was it fun , but had a list of things i found wrong with it in the end ,,, so gave it a miss . but going to look at a silver 172 58k £4395 and a monaco blue i think (the dark blue) 172 59k £4495 ?? and they both at the same garage ... so hopefully one of these might be the one at last .. looked at 6 so far :-(

monaco blue 172 ..
lol . just been looking at this post from years ago and now on my 3rd 172 haha monaco blue now had black . a flamer and now a monaco lol