ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think it's time to go

Im seriously thinkin of gettin rid of my beloved 182 :cry:
RIMG0118-1.gif

182brecon.gif

Cos unfortunatly its costin me far to much money to run, so far this week its cost me nearly £90 to fill up and thats just drivin to and from work and my b/f's.

So my plan is to buy a diesel for about 10 - 11k, thinkin of either a vauxhall astra 1.9 sri sport hatch or skoda fabia vrs. But I just dont know wat to do

So any comments or other car suggestions welcomed.

tbh it's only a Clio and not the end of the world. Fabia VRS imo, quick, good economy, reliable and look pretty smart.

Clio 1.5 Diesel
So my plan is to buy a diesel for about 10 - 11k, thinkin of either a vauxhall astra 1.9 sri sport hatch or skoda fabia vrs. But I just dont know wat to do

So any comments or other car suggestions welcomed.[/quote]

Buy my 1.5 diesel clio
0002006E.gif

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i dont think the petrol consumption on these things is that bad at all.
if ur doin that sort of mileage then................?

of course unless u get a dirty diesel tractor, but then they are expensive to buy arent they cos eveyone seems tho think theyre amazing.

Black/Gold 182
If you go for a diesel make sure you check out the trip computer when test driving - in my experience they often don't get close to their claimed MPG...

Renault Clio S
if you really love your boyfriend then £90 a week in petrol is a small price to pay. Get a better job perhaps?

LY 200
Get a Mondeo ST TDI (new 220 shape).

Thats what il be getting if i have to start using my car for work soon.

Renault Clio 1.9 si dti
i got a 1.9 dti clio n although its good economy its as loud as hell. i prefer a petrol hands down, just have to save up for a clio trophy

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
seems bizarre to me buying a more expensive car than the 182 . i doubt you'd get 8k for your 182 roughly? thats 3k.... thtas an awful lot of petorl to make up the differnece tbh. and the 182 costs feck all anyway. it is a VERY cheap car for the performance.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
seems bizarre to me buying a more expensive car than the 182 . i doubt you'd get 8k for your 182 roughly? thats 3k.... thtas an awful lot of petorl to make up the differnece tbh. and the 182 costs feck all anyway. it is a VERY cheap car for the performance.

He's talking sense, I don't understand people that need to save money on fuel that badly that they end up buying a more expensive car. I was in the same predicament 6 months ago (had a 182), sold it and got a peugeot hdi. was looking at fabia vrs and the likes (had a few test drives) and so glad i didnt go for it. I now drive a ph1 172 which cost less than half the price and will do 40mpg (according to the computer).

You've got to be doing mega miles (20K plus) imo to justify buying an expensive diesel.

LY 200

tbh Seb shes probably looking at what its going to cost over time rather than here and now mate..........Do the math on 90 coins per week on petrol over the the month and then times it by 12 and you'll see that over the year she will be paying out around 4k just on fuel alone. Thats a hell of a lot of money to get you from place to place and not to mention the milage she will be clocking up so the services are going to be alot more frequent, tyres are going to be alot more frequent, brakes are going to be alot more frequent etc which we all know aint exactly cheap for the RS's. As we all know with Renaults things go wrong with miles too so theres expense on fixing the car as well as the inconvenience of it being in a garage or off the road.

All the jobs iv been looking at recently are at least 60 mile round trips, five days a week so the logical thing to do will be to get a diesel of some sort as it will cost too much to not just put the petrol in the Clio but keep it running sweet what with all the milage going on.

Dont get me worng i love my 182, i enjoy just taking it out for a blast for the hell of it but imo there is a cut off point as to how much id actually spend just to have that enjoyment. :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
ok, i'll be a bit stereotypicla here but i guess as a female driver the poster msut be getting 30mpg on a tankful? hell, evne i got that and the norm was more like 32-33.

I guess at best a vrs will do 50mpg in the rela world, so yes that does give a good saving, but the 8k estimate for the 182 was generous tbh. I presume it is an 04/54 plate? with heavy miles? so maybe more like 7k -7.5k (if you cna find a buyer...)

The new cars suggested could cost anywhere from 11k+ (for the astra) or roughly the same 7k-8k for an older higher milage vrs.

I cna see the appela for the chepa route, but if you rrally are thta skint the 182 is crippling you then jsut go the whole hog and sell it and buy soemthing very cheap to eat the miles imo.

Just offering an alternative viewpoint thats all :)

LY 200
I cna see the appela for the chepa route, but if you rrally are thta skint the 182 is crippling you then jsut go the whole hog and sell it and buy soemthing very cheap to eat the miles imo.

Just offering an alternative viewpoint thats all :)

See what your saying mate but there is a possibilty that like me, she would still want a nice car rather than an old rust bucket to run into the ground.

Think doing plenty of miles the petrol and running costs of the 182 would criple more than that od a good diesel.

Why not buy a cheap run about????
Doesn't your B/F drive?
Dont want a cheap run about plus the cost of runnin 2 cars wouldnt work out that cheap

Yeah he does he's got a fiesta zs stripped out which is just bout as good as mine mpg wise, plus he#s sellin his and gettin a diesel aswell.

jesus £90 ! how many miles do you do ?
Answers to ur questions I do a round trip of aprox 35 miles to work 5days a week, my b/f lives bout 40miles roundtrip from me and sometimes he;s at his dad's which is a 80 mile round trip, so all in all the petrol costs are very high, thats without goin places and enjoyin ourselves.

Why would you sell it and spend 10-11k on a diesel! That's madness!

The fabia vrs ive seen is 10k with 17k on the clock plus id part exchange my 54 plate 182

Thanks for all ur comments anyone got a fabia (OK ONLY ASKIN):)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Spend 6k on a 50k focus tdci and run it into the ground.You should get an 03 ghia model for that.There great cars and run forever.Plus if out goes wrong they are half the price of a golf in parts alone.

ian

whats ur car worth what year is it

Its a 54 plate dec 04 only down side is it has 45k on the clock but is immaculate with cup sus and spoiler packs plus trophy alloys.

I have been offered between 8 and 9k for it against a vauxhall astra so hopefully will be offered the same against the skoda if thats what i decide on goin for

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
^^if a dealer has offered you that thats very good (obviously depending on the cost of the car you're going for)

I got £8K pex for my may 2004 182 with 24K miles in April and I thought that was good

Thanks once again guy and girls im a lil unsure on wat to do need a diesel but love my clio to bits.
Ive booked a test drive in a fabia vrs for 2moro mornin. So time will tell :S