ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think it's time to go

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
if u sell the car for say 7k and spend an extra 4k getting an oil burner and spend more on filling it up wil u save that 4k? i fill up £75 a week and i know i can get more economical cars but with similar levels of fun ur spending more money, unleaded is 95.9 and diesel is erm more expensive!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
why do people rate VRS's?

they are ugly as f**k, boring, interior is foul, way overpriced, a diesel, 5 doors only, just seems to add up to the worst car possible in my opinion.

get a mk4 GT TDi golf, much nicer car, won't be paying anymore on top of your clio and will run forever.

...f**king skoda's...what are you people thinking, i thought people on here were car enthusiasts...!!!lol

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
ok, i'll be a bit stereotypicla here but i guess as a female driver the poster msut be getting 30mpg on a tankful? hell, evne i got that and the norm was more like 32-33.

I guess at best a vrs will do 50mpg in the rela world, so yes that does give a good saving, but the 8k estimate for the 182 was generous tbh. I presume it is an 04/54 plate? with heavy miles? so maybe more like 7k -7.5k (if you cna find a buyer...)

The new cars suggested could cost anywhere from 11k+ (for the astra) or roughly the same 7k-8k for an older higher milage vrs.

I cna see the appela for the chepa route, but if you rrally are thta skint the 182 is crippling you then jsut go the whole hog and sell it and buy soemthing very cheap to eat the miles imo.

Just offering an alternative viewpoint thats all :)

Seb is correct as usual.

You want to save money by buying a more expensive car?

lol

M2 Competition
The diesels you've listed wont be much better for fuel economy than a clio... do the sums, wont save as much as you think, especially once you've sold yours and bought a new car.

Get a little diesel if you want to make savings you'll notice.

Edit - just seen sebs post above.

why do people rate VRS's?

they are ugly as f**k, boring, interior is foul, way overpriced, a diesel, 5 doors only, just seems to add up to the worst car possible in my opinion.

get a mk4 GT TDi golf, much nicer car, won't be paying anymore on top of your clio and will run forever.

...f**king skoda's...what are you people thinking, i thought people on here were car enthusiasts...!!!lol

agreed, and seb speaks sense