ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think im getting old :(

Ph-Quick
Because i just dont think i can live with a modified car anymore :(

I sold my MK4 Astra GSi Turbo back in June/July as it was costing to much to run and i felt like i wanted something more exciting!

So i went out and got a Ph2 172, and have to admit i loved it it was exactly what i was after, fun but also had some of the luxuries!

The only problem was i kept reading on here how the Ph1 was better and how much better with a few mods they got!

Which they lead to the purchase of my Ph1, which came running 208bhp, big brakes, coilovers etc!

But now after living with it for a month or so i just dont know if its truely what i want anymore!

The exhaust it came with was rediculously loud, so had a prospeed exhaust done as quiet as they could make it really and its still too loud for my liking! And the coilovers make for a bumpy ride at times! And i knew to expect all this as had similar on previous cars but i just dont think i want to put up with the cons of mods for the sake of that extra bit or fun or speed!

And i think how the hell do people live with track specced cars as daily drivers!

So am i getting old or is it something that happens to us all:rasp:

yep you are getting old and it does eventually happen to us all , we want a more civilised car ....lol , well some of us will ;)

Ph-Quick
Would love to be able to run and store a 2nd car for a blast every know and then tho!

But its nice when using a standard car to just hop in and drive off without worrying about anything!

And i think how the hell do people live with track specced cars as daily drivers!

i sometimes wish i had the normal seats back in, however the looks i get more than make it worthwhile. And i hate back seat passengers so dont want any back seats.

Coilovers i can live with, Britains roads tho ruin the ride really. Feels spot on on dual carraige ways and motorways.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This is why I run Two cars. I tried running a standard everydy car and got bored after 2 weeks. BUT, I cannot stand using the 172 all day everyday.

So now I have two and whatever mood I am in, I can take whichever car.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
You think that's bad? I've just been looking at the Vee and thinking I could buy a 206 GTi 180 (I always loved my 206 XSi) and bank five grand... I don't particulary need the money, I can afford to run the Vee, I was just thinking "It would be nice to have a bit more in the bank and a car capable of a few more MPG...." - and I'm only 24... Please everyone, talk me out of this :D Don't bash the 206 though, it'll fall on deaf ears :) I lived with mine for 3 years and loved it :D

Dan

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
You think that's bad? I've just been looking at the Vee and thinking I could buy a 206 GTi 180 (I always loved my 206 XSi) and bank five grand... I don't particulary need the money, I can afford to run the Vee, I was just thinking "It would be nice to have a bit more in the bank and a car capable of a few more MPG...." - and I'm only 24... Please everyone, talk me out of this :D Don't bash the 206 though, it'll fall on deaf ears :) I lived with mine for 3 years and loved it :D

Dan

im the same age as you mate and have gone off the v6 idea as i like to be comfy when driving.

im looking at a 350z at the moment instead comfort and looks plus it isnt slow eiether

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Same for me,the filter has came off mine and the exhaust is going as well as im sick of the noise,will be getting rid for a Focus St once the house has sold,want a more sensible performance car that feels a bit more grown up.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
My back is just utterley fucked as well which doesn't help heh - slumping down into the Vee, clambering over the 1 foot of door sill etc...

Dan