ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Things that pi** you off when cleaning your car

Arctic 182
Just had all these occur in the same session and am interested to see whether these piss other people off aswell!!

1: The same jokes from neighbours every single time that they seem to think never get old, for example the old favourite 'theres a few more here for you to wash' ha ha roflcopter
2: That little dribble but of water that always dribbles down from the rear wiper and wing mirrors after you've just finished drying
3:Applying a product e.g. polish/wax and realising that theres a spot you've missed in the washing stage and now your applicator is infected with dirt
4:Realising your paintwork is actually pretty poor and finding brand new defects in your paint

SG9 Forester STi
Main things for me when I'm cleaning on the drive are random people walking past and saying you can do mine next (so 1 on your list) and again really noticing the stone chips, scratches etc.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Main things for me when I'm cleaning on the drive are random people walking past and saying you can do mine next (so 1 on your list) and again really noticing the stone chips, scratches etc.
+1 on the random people.

This one guy asked what's all that blue tape doing??

yeah i hate noticing new scratches where divs cant open there doors without hitting mine, and my neighbour always says "down to the metal yet?". hes a funny guy.

Nothing at the mo :(
+1 on the random people.

This one guy asked what's all that blue tape doing??

1+ Random people

I remember when i had my first car *5-6 years ago*.. Washing it outside the parents house.. Old bloke from 3-4 doors down comes up to me and says

"Hey, When you have finished can you wash my car for me for 50p*

Seriously .. I just said no thanks and he walked of haha

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Freshly cleaned.

Minutes later, bird poo.

Most annoying thing ever.

SG9 Forester STi
50p Seriously? Lol.

My dad once watched me spend a good 4 hours on my car and then went to my mum - "Look she does it properly, not just a sponge and done" then "Vicky, will you do mine next". No dad.

Also, when I start cleaning and then get tired and lose enthusiasm in the middle. Usually when I've just put wax on and have to put loads of effort into taking it off lol.

Now Sold :-(
When giving the car a proper clean the wife pops out and makes some comment about how long it's taking before pulling 'the face' and walking off.:argue:

Three common coments when I clean the car

1. Have you washed the paint off yet?

2. You wanna get a boyfriend and stop washing that car so much.

3. You gonna do mine next?

Seriously wish they would sod off

50p Seriously? Lol.

My dad once watched me spend a good 4 hours on my car and then went to my mum - "Look she does it properly, not just a sponge and done" then "Vicky, will you do mine next". No dad.

Also, when I start cleaning and then get tired and lose enthusiasm in the middle. Usually when I've just put wax on and have to put loads of effort into taking it off lol.

yep seriously.. He even said 50p in a way i should be doing it for free lol.. like 50p was more then enough lol

Arctic 182
ha ha get this one a lot to they just don't understand. Make me cry inside when she takes her Clio down the Albanians for a good scratchy scratchy swirly swirly

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Lol i get can you do mine next constantly.. No I wouldnt waste my soap on your peice of s**t people carrier. The main thing for me though is getting ready to give it a proper clean ie polish etc and loosing interest.... In the 7 months I have owned my car I have actually polished it once.. I was it every 1-2 weeks and always say im going to 'do a proper job' lol. Luckily its silver so often a good wash is enough.

Never had a neighbour come out with a smart comment. They usually just say cars looking good. :approve:

Then again my neighbours are posh gits.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I get the local lonely bloke hanging around and telling me his life story. Puts me off washing the damn cars, especially when he wanders off then comes back 10 minutes later and says "you're still doing it then?"

Also, sodding trees dropping sap on the car whilst I'm trying to polish it so I have to pull it off the drive and block my neighbours. They're fine about it but it annoys me.

And the worst one is having carpal tunnel which results in agony a couple of hours after finishing a decent cleaning session on the car. Burning extreme pins and needles which lasts a good while and prevents any sleep that night.

SG9 Forester STi
I get the local lonely bloke hanging around and telling me his life story. Puts me off washing the damn cars, especially when he wanders off then comes back 10 minutes later and says "you're still doing it then?"

Lol I had that once, except a guy stopped in his car and told me he had driven past hours ago and said I must really like the car to be still cleaning it lol.

Lol I had that once, except a guy stopped in his car and told me he had driven past hours ago and said I must really like the car to be still cleaning it lol.

Should tell him "Na ive got 5 cars.. this is my 4th one to wash now*

SG9 Forester STi
Lol 5 of the same car? I would like to see the confused face that would undoubtedly follow that statement.

We do have 5 though and sod washing them all in one day! Oof!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
with LY once it's clean the aphids arrive on swarms around the car. Have learnt to do it at the end of the day due to this.

Or today doing the inlaws Jag XF, finished all the prep and about to wax, 5min shower and stops, go out to start again, 5min shower and stops.

I get 'you'll polish the paint away' alot, but it's only a wax!!!! and there he is using black T-cut once a month

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
1. Your gonna wash that paint away "comment"
2. randoms at the gate wanting a convo
3. half way through deciding i cba
4. finishing after hours of graft and looking at it and still not being happy with it

The comments don't bother me i just chuckle and roll my eyes

Mine are:

*Hose getting caught under the wheel
*never getting that spider out of the wing mirror no matter how much i try and drown him
*never being able to get the water dried from the wing mirrors or rear wiper
*dropping cloths or clay
*forgetting how long wax has been on whilst doing other chores and needing pop eye to buff the wax off
*strong sun / rain
*noticing new scratches
*holograms even though i have all the polishes and a rotary yet have never bothered to tackle
*developing new wants for detailing gear i dont really need nor can afford

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i get this alot from my neighbours "if you polish it too much it will dissapear" :S

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Next door neighbour, who i get on well with and actually brought the clio off, text me with the old you can do mine next. 5 mins later when i'd finished the clio i started on his 330d. a couple of mins later he sheepishly appeared with a spounge and started helping. He's not done it since ;-)

Sunflower Ph1 172
Granted this isn't when cleaning my car, but by neighbour always asks the same question.

"fixing or mofiying"? - it is a Renault after all.

Generally cleaning the thing annoys me, especially as it's bloody yellow and looks dirty after about 2 hours.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hate having to get all the gear out and set it up etc and then when knackered after finishing it, having to put it all away again :boring:

172 cup
Finding that the newly layed tarmac on your street is sticking to the sills of your car... then having to clean it off! (especially when I had my liquid yellow r26!)

Not a 320d
Water drying in the sunshine
Washing the car then finding the drying towels havent been washed (lazy)
Washing a car that hasnt been protected (Standing water ftl)