ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4 Years = 4 Different Looks... some worse than others ;)

Been away from CS for a while now, just been looking through my many old pictures of the car and picked a couple goodish ones out, past to present.
Pictures speak louder than words so ill keep it short and sweet.

To begin with I had the opinion that body kits were the b****cks and max power was awesome, it didn't take long for me to change my mind. After 'baby eating bumper' and 'cs snow plow jokes', and realising that body kits are a bit naff.

Not long after having the kit, I had removed it and set about lowering the car on custom springs.
After deciding the 17's were too big and a bit hilarious I went for some fake splits and more lows. Which received much flaming and 'your car looks broken' comments ;)
I ended up with two sets of coilovers as the first ones didn't go low enough :p

My winter setup. (the same every winter).

Then the Porsche 928 wheels. I refurbed these bright pearl orange and had custom adapters made to get them to fit. I really liked these but, and had them for quite a while, eventually the custom adapters (40mm) began to cause problems with the ABS, and the 165/40/R16 tyres were a nightmare to get hold of and bone shatteringly uncomfortable. Thus it was time for a change.

Just recently I swapped the Porsche wheels with a set of Borbet A's. The Porsche wheels went to a guy planning on fitting them to a mk1 Caddie, slightly more suited than a clio ;). They aren't in great condition and needed two new front tyres, but I liked them.

Wheels fitted. Big ol' arch gap.

Car went for it's Mot, all was good apart from one advisory. Need to replace the outer anti roll bar bushes, which will be done in the next couple of weeks.

And finally some quick pictures once the coilovers have been wound down.

This will be how the car will stay for now. All to be done now is some tidying up of the paint work, wheels need a refurb and replacing the bushes. (Are powerflex bushes available for the non-sports?)

New wheels spec
Fronts 7.5J ET25 195/40/R16
Rears 9J ET15 195/40/R16

Sorry for the pictures being all different sizes, and the latest ones aren't great, they've just been taken on the iphone.

Car needs a good clean and polish, Think the fron tneeds to be raised slightly too, then I'll get the camera out for some 'proper' pics.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I preferred the fake split's tbh, if you had them on the car the way it looks now, it'd be spot on........imo of course. :)

Not that it looks bad with the As on.

Fk highsport coilovers Atm, can be wound down a lot further too!

As much as I like the new wheels, I do miss the Porsche ones when I look at the pictures though.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
lol snow plow.
your wheels are horrible/17''s are too big.
your car looks broken/ has someone stole your suspension?

lol :rasp:

loved the porsche wheels
really like it now :)

got any more pics of it body kitted?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
car looks good, love a bit of low and wide action, all about the poke and dish :)

however, the laguna splitter looks...........how to put politely.......gash? ;)

haha know what you mean. Only real reason it's still on is because it's soft and bendy, it's the only splitter I've had that hasn't just broken off or snapped ;) I wouldn't mind a thinner one, like the skoda ones people were buying a while back.

More pics of the body kit as requested lol. Enjoy if possible.

1.2 16v clio
only pic i didn't like is the body kit i have never been a fan of them even when they was popular.

i must say how the hell do you get over speed bumps!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Crikey, I cant believe how different your tastes and mine are, you must have spent about 10 grand on wheels and fibreglass etc over the years and yet I cant see a single thing there that looks like anything other than utter dross to me.

Still it would be a boring (although more tasteful) world if we all liked the same thing!

Looks well look after though and looks like its brought you a lot of pleasure, and thats all that really matters :)

I can understand that we do have very different tastes/interests, and mine have changed a lot over time.

10 grand is a bit of an exaggeration lol though. The wheels have all been trades etc, and the majority of parts I've had and taken off have been sold and put towards others. I would look to buy a faster car in the future, but this has been so reliable, and finally have 4 years no claims, managed to get fully comp insurance for 400 quid with all the mods listed soo will be keeping this shed for another year. I have my bike for going fast :p

Maybe one day I'll be in the turini and whiteline ARB club, but not for now ;)

Clio 182 trophy
Absolutely love the borbets mate, what's that splitter off like the look of that for my black non sport lol

133/225/CLS AMG
Interesting thread, kinda goes to show how the trends in car modifying have changed over the years.

Back in the day it was small car, big rims and huge bumpers. Now it's small car, smaller/wider rims and as low as possible.

Think my favourite was the Porsche rims but the Borbets look great as well. :)

That kit is hilarious! Looked awesome on the 928 rims, not as keen on the Borbets. Still, not a lot of point in keeping the 928s if it was horrible to drive.

Woah not seen this before, looks brilliant on the borbets too!

Suprised to see 16x9 et15 fits well! You running any camber?