ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

things i miss on my 172

Golf 1.4 TSI

Due to the garage not being able to fix all the niggling faults i decided to get rid. I was going to get an evo 8 fq 330 but couldnt afford it. Instead i bought the 260. It is much quicker than the 172 and i love the power of a turbo. I do miss quite a few things from the 172 tho

Xenon headlights

Climate control

no turbo lag as theres no turbo

the trip computer

the less frequent trips to the petrol station.

Think I may buy a 2nd hand 172 again in a few years hopefully one not full of niggling faults

Very interesting choice, would be high on my list as well.

What are the pros and cons of the 260 please?

My Renault garage is jointly owned with Mitsubishi hence the interest.

Golf 1.4 TSI

Even tho its cheaper than the rest of the range its costs to run are still the same. Service every 4500 miles etc.

Its quoted the 0-60 time is 6.1 but from experience even with only 2500 miles on the clock its much quicker than that. not 100% sure on mpg but it costs me £40 to fill up with optimax and i get about 250 miles on average, but it has been as low as 150 miles.

So far i have only enquired about mods but the exhaust system is covered in sensors and a decat is not available.

The handling is superb and its great fun on the twisties. In a straight line its quick to but you can feel the restrictions of the car toward the top end.

all in all i would say its still on par with my 172 but without the niggling faults. bearing in mind extra cost etc.

will try to put up some pics if people are interested. Hope im still welcome here. still one of the best sites i have been on:)