ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

They stole my 172 cup!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  CS Dungeon
Yeah, I live just off the A610 near the old Commodore. The post code is Basford. I'm now driving around in a 1.3 sky blue Ka so give me a beep if you see me around, ha ha!

Out of interest guys, do these scumbags nick our cars for joy riding or to sell on? I've heard different opinions. At first I assumed it was just joy riders but thinking about it it's alot of effort to go to for a joy ride and seemed fairly well planned! They even waited for a rainy night so that we didn't hear anything. Any thoughs?!

Not really well planned, I used to TWOC weekly. We'd be sat round my mates playing on his PS1 (thats how long ago it was), while getting stoned.
Shaun would just say, its raining fancy getting a motor/burgling a house/shed/garage?.........and we'd be out looking for our target.

We was never that brave mind, we just cracked off the steering lock and steering cowel and screwdriver in the black box. Wouldnt consider just breaking into a house to pinch the keys.

That said, TWOC'ERS dont have much of a choice now a days, what with alarm/immobiliser technologies!

Also, if the insurance company pay out (long way off I know!) do they go off the Parker's price guide as I've been told? If so, the value of my Clio is only £4,800 which I know is way below what I'd get if I sold if privately. I would expect more like £6,000 for a 53 reg with only 35,000 miles and a full renault service history. Any advice if it comes to that?

No chance, 182's can be got for that money..........I paid £4100 for my 03 plate FF 172 on 31k miles.

£4500 is about what you would get imo

172 cup
You really think that's all I'll get, surely not! Look on autotrader.com, you can't get a 53 reg cup for less that £5,500 and even then it's done 50k miles! I'll just bombard the insurance company with adverts etc...

I'd be gutted if I got less than £5,000, nevermind £4,500 or something.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I was glad I got mine back, and the plus point of getting it back, and not having to claim for it, is that I don't have a stolen vehicle recorded against my insurance history.

If it drives the same, feels the same, and looks the same, what's the problem?

Forget that i wouldnt want no car back that had been stolen..
Fact is its never the same..
Someone else has been in ur car and drove it that alone is enough for me
never to want it back again....

I have just been paid out on my insurance for my 172 cup and standard the insurance
bloke told me they go for around £6G to £7 G max so who ever is talking 4 or 5 is poop
the insurance bloke told me thats the lowest they go for according to his guide..
I got paid out £7 G for my 172 cup with 38 miles on the clock with 1 service history

B

Ben^

Wanna come and try that with my english bull terrier? :rasp:

Il film it!

Sure...i'm sure you wont mind if i put a few razor blades onto the end of the bat and run the blade through its jaw a few times??

LOL - have you ever seen an dog protect its home?? The twoking c**t who broke into my house tried to sue us for the 11 stiches he needed in his arm and his fucked up hands. He came face to face with my St Bernard at 2am...funny though, he had a steel pole and my dog doesnt have a mark on him!!!

I get your point but until you have experianced it, I wouldnt comment too much on it.

172 cup
Forget that i wouldnt want no car back that had been stolen..
Fact is its never the same..
Someone else has been in ur car and drove it that alone is enough for me
never to want it back again....

I have just been paid out on my insurance for my 172 cup and standard the insurance
bloke told me they go for around £6G to £7 G max so who ever is talking 4 or 5 is poop
the insurance bloke told me thats the lowest they go for according to his guide..
I got paid out £7 G for my 172 cup with 38 miles on the clock with 1 service history

Did you really get £7k for your car? That's awesome! Mine was a 53 reg that had done 35k and full renault maindealer service history. Doesn't look like they're gonna find it now so I'm expecting to have to claim. I was gonna ask for £6.5k but was expecting to get more like £5.5k off them in the end. You've given me some hope! What insurance company are you with? I'm with Tesco :dapprove: !!!

And for everyone arguing about dogs......I wish I had one, pretty sure they wouldn't have got away with my car keys if I did have a dog. Even if all it did was bark and wake everyone up!!!

RB 197 + Cup Pack
You really think that's all I'll get, surely not! Look on autotrader.com, you can't get a 53 reg cup for less that £5,500 and even then it's done 50k miles! I'll just bombard the insurance company with adverts etc...

I'd be gutted if I got less than £5,000, nevermind £4,500 or something.

I recently sold my 53 plate Cup with 38,000 miles on for £5250.....Had no interest in it at all until I reduced the price to under £5.5k & it was on autotrader for 6 weeks. The trade in value I was given from Renault was £4600!! I wish i'd got 7K for mine! I was originally hoping to sell if for £6k.

ITB BG 182
Well i think people are targeting these cars alot, some one tried mine without the keys an couldnt get it going so they end'd up putting a big fook off hole through my bonnet.
Its not in a steel container on my back yard with 3 huge padlocks on that are anti drill/cut/snap things. yes im protective of my car.

Hi Lee, Sorry to hear about the car :(

The way insurance work is they will send you a settlement figure, so say they sent you 4.5k and you weren't happy with this.. they will ask you to get 2 or 3 adverts for car's the same age and mileage roughly and send them and then re-evaluate your settlement figure, so dont worry if they dont offer you what you want to start with... if there are a few on there at 5.5k im sure youll get atleast 5k.:)

Rob

if anybody see's a completely standard 172 cup with reg KR53 OWC driving around please let me know

Sighted!!! Parked outside of REDHILL LEISURE CENTRE, ARNOLD NOTTINGHAM in a DISABLED BAY by a MR LEE GASKIN the manager. Pic attached. Perhaps if he's got no respect for the rights of people with disabilities thats maybe why he's stealing other ppls cars. Call the police mate. The LEISURE CENTRE is at http://www.gedling.gov.uk/index/leisure/ls-lc-re.htm

parkinglw8.jpg

Toby33, probably best if you call the police and notify them straight away, it might be too late otherwise !!!

if anybody see's a completely standard 172 cup with reg KR53 OWC driving around please let me know

Sighted!!! Parked outside of REDHILL LEISURE CENTRE, ARNOLD NOTTINGHAM in a DISABLED BAY by a MR LEE GASKIN the manager. Pic attached. Perhaps if he's got no respect for the rights of people with disabilities thats maybe why he's stealing other ppls cars. Call the police mate. The LEISURE CENTRE is at http://www.gedling.gov.uk/index/leisure/ls-lc-re.htm

parkinglw8.jpg

Is this real?

I'm tempted to call for the lad but i dont want to as it's not really my place. Cant understand why the person who spotted hasnt phoned.

I'm aware of that but maybe its on his local forums and hes seen the thread linked to here so registered to post..

Ring anyway and say where its been sighted at least ffs

that directed at myself ? I'm at work and haven't sighted it also when the police ask "where are you now"... "I'm sat on my computer looking at a picture someone posted" they will laugh most likely.

person who spotted still only made one post since joining today to make that post

Posted it coz I heard about it. Phoned that leisure centre and they've confirmed ITS HIS CAR but they are denying he's parked in the disabled space? WTF? Its OK to steal ppls cars but not steal handicapped spaces with stolen cars??

Status
Not open for further replies.