ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

dk

911 GTS Cab
ah ok, that makes sense, the maps i have been playing are all quite small tbh, not like the maps i remember playing in bf2 when i could go minutes without seeing another gamer.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Massively happy with the purchase, I haven't plugged the av amp into it

Cod I'm enjoying for the first time In a long time and forza is brilliant, the triggers pulsing is a great idea. Kinect is MASSIVE though

Fiesta ST-2
On the phone to them now, looks like they'll be sending me a new console 3-5 days and they'll take the broken one back. Not great but least its not a massive wait.

Do you have to send yours back before they send you a new one out? Or are they sending you a new one first?

I need to ring microsoft really as Asda don't have any stock.

Clio 1.2 16V
Do you have to send yours back before they send you a new one out? Or are they sending you a new one first?

I need to ring microsoft really as Asda don't have any stock.

Nope, they're sending a new one and will take the broken one when I get it. Simple process, can't fault the support staff tbh. I went through their online chat thing last night did take 2 hours to get through the queue but once I did they called me to confirm everything.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Stupid question here, I've not seen any images showing the new unit standing upright instead of laying down flat.

My current 360 has a space stood on its end, can the ONE do that or is it flat only?

AK

M240i
Looks like it can only go flat.

Thing that surprised me was the weight of it, it's very light, which it definitely doesn't look.

dk

911 GTS Cab
its amazing that the xbox is bigger and has a MASSIVE power transformer when the PS4 is smaller and AFAIK doesn't have a massive external power thing, or maybe it has this time?

But then, the xbox seems to run quiet and doesn't get that hot.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Nope, they're sending a new one and will take the broken one when I get it. Simple process, can't fault the support staff tbh. I went through their online chat thing last night did take 2 hours to get through the queue but once I did they called me to confirm everything.
if you get the new one before or at the same time then you can make sure the controller is also day one, or are they even asking you to return the whole unit or is it just the main box they are replacing?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
its amazing that the xbox is bigger and has a MASSIVE power transformer when the PS4 is smaller and AFAIK doesn't have a massive external power thing, or maybe it has this time?

But then, the xbox seems to run quiet and doesn't get that hot.

It certainly exhausts a fair amount of heat.

I wouldn't describe it as light myself, it still weighs some.

It HAS to be used horizontally, you can have it vertical but that isn't recommended by Microsoft.

dk

911 GTS Cab
What I don't get is why you can't use Dolby 5.1 over the optical port, my surround sound doesn't support and over hdmi, over video so I need to use the optical cable, but in just don't see why it does it over hdmi but not over optical?

A4 Avant
What I don't get is why you can't use Dolby 5.1 over the optical port, my surround sound doesn't support and over hdmi, over video so I need to use the optical cable, but in just don't see why it does it over hdmi but not over optical?
It's been a while since I had it plugged in but I'm sure the 360 was the same. It was a pain setting my amp up with different sound and video inputs.

Clio 1.2 16V
if you get the new one before or at the same time then you can make sure the controller is also day one, or are they even asking you to return the whole unit or is it just the main box they are replacing?

Sounded like its just the box they're replacing from what he said. Can still use the console so its not all bad, just no discs lol.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Can't believe I can't play video off a USB stick, wonder if it will play if I put it on skydrive

dk

911 GTS Cab
It's supposed to support dlna but doesn't have a client to initiate it so you need to send content to it and it acts as a receiver, wtf,hardly the entertainment single pane of glass it promised, yet anyway.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I don't mind the external brick - all that extra heat is taken out of the chassis - this thing is totally silent and runs cooler than my xbox 360 slim in the same unit so I'm more than happy.

Feck that it doesn't stand up - 99% of tv stuff is made horizontal anyway it's only pc's really.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked up a day one edition and waiting for forza to install.

The voice recognition is excellent, used it to redeem my achievement and it worked flawlessly.

Yaris Hybrid
I did the Kinect configuration again but still I get inconsistencies.

Muting and unmuting usually works fine. But it just took me about 6 attempts to get it to unmute - and that was in a completely quiet room and I tried talking normally and talking in proper BBC English and it wouldn't work.

Yet other times I can be playing something noisy on my PC and mumble it and it works fine!

Edit: Just testing it now and it has worked fine a number of times in a row.

dk

911 GTS Cab
With demand outstripping supply, there's no chance of a price cut, only if ms think they are losing out to the lower cost of the ps4 I'd have thought.

How can I stream media from my PC?

I agree, such a stupid idea. I use my amp the same way, I'm hoping they patch it.

dk

911 GTS Cab
How can I stream media from my PC?

I agree, such a stupid idea. I use my amp the same way, I'm hoping they patch it.
Streaming media needs something to send the video to the xbox, like a program, there are apps on android apparently, not sure about for PC or Mac, the xbox doesn't have a client though to pull it from the source, it just accepts stuff and opens the relevant app. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Ive now replaced my ps3 with my one, and using the optical I seem to be getting surround sound under the dts setting, I think my amp accepts it as long as the source is doing the decoding, which it seems to be. Although at first with battlefield I could hear explosions, but no background noise, from running or driving, but then it started working and has worked since. So I think I have it sorted, just using dts. Need to try a bluray that doesn't support dts to make sure it still works.

Fiesta ST
Streaming media needs something to send the video to the xbox, like a program, there are apps on android apparently, not sure about for PC or Mac, the xbox doesn't have a client though to pull it from the source, it just accepts stuff and opens the relevant app. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Ive now replaced my ps3 with my one, and using the optical I seem to be getting surround sound under the dts setting, I think my amp accepts it as long as the source is doing the decoding, which it seems to be. Although at first with battlefield I could hear explosions, but no background noise, from running or driving, but then it started working and has worked since. So I think I have it sorted, just using dts. Need to try a bluray that doesn't support dts to make sure it still works.

BF4 on PC does have some serious sounds issues with missing sounds. Wouldn't surprise me if the xbox one version has similar bugs.

Sorry, are you using the DTS option for optical?

I have Sky putting audio over HDMI (setting is Dolby D, not 'normal') then the One is audio over optical to the amp (setting is Stereo uncompressed).

Either way I don't think the sound is right.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm getting a micro stutter when watching Sky through the xbox. Football is where it's most evident.

May have to have separate leads into the TV.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Well I've tried it and I can play video through skydrive which solves my problem but I'd rather play em off a stick

AB182, Audi A5 3.0

:eek: that is shocking. sure there not a setting for it somewhere like on the 360?

It's been a while since I had it plugged in but I'm sure the 360 was the same. It was a pain setting my amp up with different sound and video inputs.

DD5.1 over optical is fine on the 360, its how I get my audio to my amp.

none :(
Is it worth running my hdmi lead from the TiVo box into the xbone or are there still teething problems.
Anybody watched a Blu ray movie yet, what's the quality like.
HD p**n is decent lol.

Ph 1 172
Loving TiVo running through xbox one at moment. Not noticed any difference other than try to teach the wife how to use it and remembering to turn xbox on

none :(
So if I take the hdmi lead out my tv and put it in my xbox if in playing fifa how would I switch to Tivo. I persume the TiVo remote works as normal.

BG 182 FF
Anyone else's kinnect stopped working?
Theres quite a lot online about it now looks like a big issue. It worked up until today now it thinks it's unplugged when it isn't, looks like it keeps trying to boot it and failing at the light comes on and then goes off all the time, really annoying, even though I'm not that bothered about using the kinetic :dapprove: