ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

So I caved, and bought an S today. Bought the Battlefield 1 bundle, cost me £200 (500GB). Gonna keep my launch console for now, and use it in the bedroom.
Where did you get that from?! Bargain
Their all 250 when I search

Tempted with a grey one as I want bf1 anyway and sell my launch console onwards. I'd imagine 2nd hand values of original have nosedived now though!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Where did you get that from?! Bargain
Their all 250 when I search

Tempted with a grey one as I want bf1 anyway and sell my launch console onwards. I'd imagine 2nd hand values of original have nosedived now though!
I got it through Tesco Direct bud. Looks £250 again now though

Clio
Is my Kinect worth anything? I've got it in the box from new at home, never used it when I got the console.

Worth selling?

Mito Sportiva 135
You can try but I don't imagine you would get much if anything for it - it's pretty much dead apart from voice controls

Honda. Tesla Someday
Is my Kinect worth anything? I've got it in the box from new at home, never used it when I got the console.

Worth selling?

Most places I've seen sell it for around £20. Stick it on gumtree or something for collection only and you'll get a bite from someone. If not, don't bin it, post it to me and I'll cover postage lol.

Disclaimer: as long as postage doesn't cost me a freaking fortune lol!

Clio
I don't use it often enough to use it, turning the xbox on using the control is far far more advanced than I'll ever need.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
I never use the Kinect either, only good thing is that it recognises me so don't need to sign in. feel Stupid talking to the TV and it never really hears me anyway. Quicker to use controller.

Anyone used/got the elite controller?

Honda. Tesla Someday
I never use the Kinect either, only good thing is that it recognises me so don't need to sign in. feel Stupid talking to the TV and it never really hears me anyway. Quicker to use controller.

Anyone used/got the elite controller?

I have the Elite controller.

Buy it! Best controller ever made in my opinion! I can't use a normal controller anymore!

(I also reviewed it for my YouTube channel, take a look if you like)

Ph 1 172
So is the a cliosport.net club section on xbox yet... seems to be one for all different gamers just thought I might set one up and it be easier to join games with people on xbox then

Clio
Xbox one is £179 in game with Forza. Are there likely to be any offers better than that?

Is this good for £199 for little un?
Please allow an extra 2 days for your delivery as we are experiencing a high volume of orders

• Xbox One Console with 500GB hard drive
  • Kinect Sensor for Xbox One
  • Xbox One Wireless Controller with 3.5 mm headset jack
  • Dance Central Spotlight full game download
  • Kinect Sports Rivals full game download
  • Zoo Tycoon full game download
  • HDMI cable
  • Power supply

Kawasaki ER6N
Zoo Tycoon is probably a good game for kids interactive feeding of animals etc. People say Kinect is pointless but I like it much easier to say "xbox record that" than actually do it manually on the control while playing. Plus "Xbox on" is a cool feature.

If you already have one and I'm sure I saw you did set up Xbox Home/Game Share and then you only need to purchase the game once to have it on both consoles. Obv small person playing BF isn't ideal.

Makes me shudder to think of the cost of my day one xbox.

Clio
Zoo Tycoon is probably a good game for kids interactive feeding of animals etc. People say Kinect is pointless but I like it much easier to say "xbox record that" than actually do it manually on the control while playing. Plus "Xbox on" is a cool feature.

If you already have one and I'm sure I saw you did set up Xbox Home/Game Share and then you only need to purchase the game once to have it on both consoles. Obv small person playing BF isn't ideal.

Makes me shudder to think of the cost of my day one xbox.
Thank you.

Yeah I've already got one, just fed up with her nagging to play it all the time when its in the living room. I've already got a kinect sat under the stairs doing nothing. That offer just seemed like the best as she is not interested (or crap at) the other games on offer.

Ideally I'd like a console with one game suitable for 8 year olds without kinect and pay about £170-180.

I'll have to look into this home/game share thing. Also can she have her own gamer tag and use my Xbox live or do we need one each?

SQ5
Xbox one is £179 in game with Forza. Are there likely to be any offers better than that?

Please allow an extra 2 days for your delivery as we are experiencing a high volume of orders

• HDMI cable
  • Power supply

I saw one on HUKD at Argos for £179 with Forza Horizon 3 and 2 other games.

Kawasaki ER6N
I'll have to look into this home/game share thing. Also can she have her own gamer tag and use my Xbox live or do we need one each?
I believe if you set up your home xbox as hers and her home xbox as yours you can both use 1 subsciption however if you buy from CD keys etc it is only £25 a year or something.

Another thing I would recomend doing is signing up to EA access as that will gave you alot of games quite a few are suitable for young ones.

Clio
I believe if you set up your home xbox as hers and her home xbox as yours you can both use 1 subsciption however if you buy from CD keys etc it is only £25 a year or something.

Another thing I would recomend doing is signing up to EA access as that will gave you alot of games quite a few are suitable for young ones.
That made no sense to me about setting up the xbox accounts. I suppose I'll just give it a go when she gets it.
I saw one on HUKD at Argos for £179 with Forza Horizon 3 and 2 other games.

Can't see that, can see a few offers for £199.

Kawasaki ER6N
That made no sense to me about setting up the xbox accounts. I suppose I'll just give it a go when she gets it.

Sounds complicated but it is very simple and even easier if you know all the log in details to both accounts.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/gameshare-xbox-one/

Basically your current Xbox would be her home one and her new xbox would be your home one.

It is designed so that if you go to a friends house you can still play your games etc.

Clio
Sounds complicated but it is very simple and even easier if you know all the log in details to both accounts.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/gameshare-xbox-one/

Basically your current Xbox would be her home one and her new xbox would be your home one.

It is designed so that if you go to a friends house you can still play your games etc.
Excellent, thank you. Get it now. Unfortunately all our games are discs at the moment. I'll need to start buying downloads so we can share. The Mrs is going to love her sat upstairs and me downstairs playing xbox together. Bad Dad parenting skills.

Kawasaki ER6N
Excellent, thank you. Get it now. Unfortunately all our games are discs at the moment. I'll need to start buying downloads so we can share. The Mrs is going to love her sat upstairs and me downstairs playing xbox together. Bad Dad parenting skills.

Not if your are playing the same game class it as bonding ;)

Me and my brother game share and always buy digital means we go halves on every game. EA access also allows you to get like 20 games too. If you are doing digital downloads be aware that your hard drive will fill up quickly as some games are 50gb ish each. However 3tb external is cheap even cheaper with black Friday coming.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed the clubs are available on the xbox mobile app now. I guess the clubs update will roll out to non preview members xbox consoles soon now.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

• HDMI cable
  • Power supply

Xbox one elite is £199 at game I think, it's worth that just for the controller.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I said to my missus about this and then having one in the bedroom too, sell elite controller and it's a £100 XBO, although I really want an S for 4K
Yeah good idea.
The 1tb S is 250 so pretty reasonably priced.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd wait until black friday now reckon there will be some good bargains. The elite is a bargain now if only I could justify one in the bedroom.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
The other half has got me one for Christmas but I don't really know much about them. I've watched a few videos and they look pretty good to be honest I just wanted some real world opinions. I mainly play first person shooters but also play FH3 and sometimes FIFA.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone using the Elite controller?
Yes mate... and I have to say it makes f**k all difference in terms of how well I play a game! It made no difference compared to the standard controller for me personally. That said, it's a lot nicer to hold and just feels... right. It's a good quality controller and I'm sure it might have benefits for 'teh pro gamerz' but I'm regretting dropping all that money on one.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I have one and use it, would never ever ever go back to using a standard controller!

being able to jump and do stuff without ever needing to take my thumbs off the thumbsticks makes playing games soooo much better! It allows you to be way more fluid in your actions in game. The controller feels solid and it hands down the best damn controller ever in my opinion!

I also posted a full review on YouTube - channel DeeKay86 (sorry I'm at work I can't get the direct link right now lol)

www.YouTube.com/DeeKay86 - the review is on there.

Mito Sportiva 135
@Brand86 is. I sort of want one, but on the other hand, I'm not sure whether I'll benefit enough from it.
I'll be honest - I don't really use the paddles for most the games I play but the pad itself is super comfortable and well made. I'm not sure it's essential but if you can afford it, it's very nice!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I'll be honest - I don't really use the paddles for most the games I play but the pad itself is super comfortable and well made. I'm not sure it's essential but if you can afford it, it's very nice!

Take the time to configure the controller for whatever games you play and it'll really start to stand out just how good it is :blush:

Can you move downloaded games from one gamertag to another? I am reading about transfering content licences but cant get my head around it!

Mito Sportiva 135
Take the time to configure the controller for whatever games you play and it'll really start to stand out just how good it is :blush:
I changed sensitivity / vibration settings etc. I just didn't find any significant advantage with the paddles. I didn't really give them much of a go to be fair - once they went into the draw I never got them out again!