ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry forgot to respond. Not tooooooo bad price wise but I'm the most casual of casual (I maybe get 1/2hrs a week to play) so wouldn't warrant it. Can see the attraction though.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
The way I see it, it's £131.88 per year and I could even power through 2 games per month if I like. Let's say you buy 4 new games every year at £40 each (even though some are £50) then you've spent £160.

Not to mention there is no contract.. rent the desired game, send back. Cancel contract. Repeat. You could play 4 games for 2 months each and pay £87.92 that way?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Can someone please confirm that I'm correct in thinking that I don't have to have Kinect connected anymore? I bought one of the very first consoles when it was mandatory to have Kinect always connected, am I safe to do away with it now? (I'd just remove it and test but I can't due to cabling etc being routed via loft space etc and the room isn't in use currently and therefore has no TV)

Mito Sportiva 135
Pretty sure you can - I don't have one at all so can't be necessary. The voice controls would still be useful though - think they should have kept with those at least.
Can't believe how much they messed up with the original Xbox One launch, thank the lord Phil Spencer is in charge now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
One good reason to dump kinect is the stupid recognition it does with controllers to work out who has which controller when playing multiplayer. If you're passing it around friends playing Forza you're guaranteed to end up both being signed in as the same person eventually and it completely f**king up. My solution is to cover it up, can still use voice stuff then.

Can someone please confirm that I'm correct in thinking that I don't have to have Kinect connected anymore? I bought one of the very first consoles when it was mandatory to have Kinect always connected, am I safe to do away with it now? (I'd just remove it and test but I can't due to cabling etc being routed via loft space etc and the room isn't in use currently and therefore has no TV)
I bought an early release console, I fitted it for a month or so before realising it was near pointless. Haven't fitted since. Its been in its box for few years till I sold it the other month.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Cheers, I've fitted everything back on the wall with a new 48" TV and its working fine without it.

Honda. Tesla Someday
game reviewing youtuber posts PC gaming news in Xbox one thread :wink:

Nope... You create on PC and export the maps to be played on Xbox One (and can play on PC)

Also it's an Xbox One game... Which is still currently an exclusive, and this directly affects the amount of content that will be available in said exclusive.

100% relevant to the Xbox discussion.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
fair play. I should've watched some of the video I guess. But videos of people getting overly excited (maybe aroused) over video game news isn't my thing. So I gave it a pass.

Mito Sportiva 135
The supposed specs of Xbox One 'Scorpio' seems pretty impressive - about 3 times the overall calculation speed of the current version and about 50% more than the rumoured specs of PS4 'Neo'.
Obviously all rumours at this stage but I think Phil Spencer knows that MS need to have a significant advantage over the Sony model to claw some dignity back this console generation

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This new console upgrade stuff is a load of bollox - it's not what consoles are about. The beauty of the console was the fact that it was a known quantity and took time to understand and get the best from (over time). I guess they just wanted to emulate the superior PC Master Race with regular upgrade and hardware changes... :tonguewink:

Mito Sportiva 135
Times are changing though...these days with products updated annually, or more frequently, updating every 7-10 years seems crazy. They obviously can't do a new console each year as that would be insane on a number of levels, but keeping a little closer to the bell curve of consumer electronics makes sense to me. As long as it's totally optional, of course. Personally I don't think it is that new, Sega pioneered the Mega CD and 32X console add-ons, and Nintendo even added extra hardware inside game cartridges (possibly Sega also did this with Virtua Racing I think it was)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed - there are definite pros and cons (and I'm very much interested in new hardware). My feelings are somewhat selfish as I see the problems and headaches these are causing for those in development circles. Fragmentation of the console market just makes the job harder; having to ensure that a specific game works on Xbox One v1 and Xbox One v2 albeit exposing additional niceties for the newer hardware... without breaking legacy support for the 'older' tech. I like the fact that console development is becoming more PC-like, but I don't like the fact that the console market is potentially going to show signs of PC-like fragmentation.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeah I remember reading about developers thought it was a nuisance - and i can see some games only being playable on the new versions. But as developers stop developing for old gen consoles then doing this is surely easier than 2 totally different systems?
I'll be buying one anyway!

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'm only just jumping ship to the xbox one lol. Still rocking the 350.

Mito Sportiva 135
The new one, if it's actually a real thing, won't be out for ages. There is a rumoured slimline model coming out before it - so could be 2018 before we see it (although I hope it's 2017).

Honda. Tesla Someday
So, rumours suggest that the new Xbox One (Scorpio) will be VR ready with the Oculus.
Assuming the rumours come true, I made this video:

Enjoy the violent gameplay! lol

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
So what will be announced at E3?

I'm hoping a slim xbox, so I can replace my none working one.