ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like XBL is having no end of issues lately, not been on for a few days but apparently you couldn't even play and digital games or watch dvd's etc. Hope they get that s**t sorted.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Amazing announcement from Xbox yesterday! Xbox is unifying with the PC and will be upgradable! It will keep evolving over time and will be cross buy / cross play with PC and will always be backwards/forwards compatible with all current / future games! Brilliant announcement!

Recorded an hour long podcast about it which I will be uploading later today if anyone cares lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Heard about Forza coming to windows 10. Probably wont benefit me but still good news. Although could give the PC gamers an advantage.

My xbox lately keeps getting a little sound glitch. Mutes for a second or 2 and then comes back also noticed sometimes it removes a sound but keeps others. Hope my xbox isn't faulty.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Played for hours and hours on AA batteries over the weekend. f**king play and charge kit.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Amazing announcement from Xbox yesterday! Xbox is unifying with the PC and will be upgradable! It will keep evolving over time and will be cross buy / cross play with PC and will always be backwards/forwards compatible with all current / future games! Brilliant announcement!

Recorded an hour long podcast about it which I will be uploading later today if anyone cares lol

Yeah but the whole point of a console was always it was a one time purchase, then you spend on games. Now it'll end up being just a PC with over expensive upgrades (because only one source) and already more expensive games than you have to pay for PC.

I got bored throwing money at PC's years ago so I stopped - looks like I'm being forced into going back down that route!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yeah but the whole point of a console was always it was a one time purchase, then you spend on games. Now it'll end up being just a PC with over expensive upgrades (because only one source) and already more expensive games than you have to pay for PC.

I got bored throwing money at PC's years ago so I stopped - looks like I'm being forced into going back down that route!

That is true - but the industry isn't the same anymore. Consoles are no longer able to be "powerful" enough like they used to be on launch. The life cycles can be nowhere near as long as before - so only option is to either release a new product sooner, or upgrade the existing one over time. Both consoles released with underpowered hardware, hence this change from Microsoft. I'm sure Sony will also opt to release their new console sooner rather than later.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Oh I agree but for a long time it was enough - you knew when you bought an N64 that it was already going to get raped performance wise by a PC straight away. But the fact you knew everyone was in the same boat made it more than acceptable.

I worry for the poorer families that won't be able to keep chopping and changing - is it fair that the newest game that's out won't probably be playable on the system that it took hard earned money to purchase? I remember my mate being really upset that I had a Ram expansion pak on my N64 and he didn't so couldn't play all the games that were being released - for me that's the whole point of a console you know you can just buy a game and it will work.

I'm not sure the PS4 will feel the need to go the same way - if they're clever they'll see they then hold the niche market...

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Just got FC Primal. :smile:
What do you think of it mate? When I first heard the concept I was a bit perplexed but seeing it pop up on various youtube channels has tickled my fancy! Looks different anyway and quite immersive.

In other news finally got myself a 2TB hardrive and sorted out my man/gaming cave. Even has a lock on the door - winning.

Somehow I'm still in the market for a new game even with FO4, Forza, Fifa, GTA5 & Shadow of Mordor on the go. Didnt enjoy the Division Beta initially but the more I think back on it the more I like it?

Anyone got a list of the top upcoming games this year?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
What do you think of it mate? When I first heard the concept I was a bit perplexed but seeing it pop up on various youtube channels has tickled my fancy! Looks different anyway and looks quite immerisve.

In other news finally got myself a 2TB hardrive and sorted out my man/gaming cave. Even has a lock on the door - winning.

Somehow I'm still in the market for a new game even with FO4, Forza, Fifa, GTA5 & Shadow of Mordor on the go. Didnt enjoy the Division Beta initially but the more I think back on it the more I like it?

Anyone got a list of the top upcoming games this year?
It is good...but not amazing! It's very samey. I preferred the last couple of FC's. Obviously there's no firepower in this one, all just manual weapons.
Still good though don't get me wrong.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Oh I agree but for a long time it was enough - you knew when you bought an N64 that it was already going to get raped performance wise by a PC straight away. But the fact you knew everyone was in the same boat made it more than acceptable.

I worry for the poorer families that won't be able to keep chopping and changing - is it fair that the newest game that's out won't probably be playable on the system that it took hard earned money to purchase? I remember my mate being really upset that I had a Ram expansion pak on my N64 and he didn't so couldn't play all the games that were being released - for me that's the whole point of a console you know you can just buy a game and it will work.

I'm not sure the PS4 will feel the need to go the same way - if they're clever they'll see they then hold the niche market...

Microsoft did say that the hardware will be backward AND forward compatible, so my thinking suggests all games should work will all available Xbox / PC hardware, with a possibility of 'downgraded graphics' for less capable hardware.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Which I do find interesting and no doubt will end up buying it all!
I just feel sorry for some people who will suffer due to lack of funds. Have we got an ETA for all this?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Rocket league looks fun
Tis. Great fun. Much better with mates.......... apparently.

Forever-alone-400x400.png

Fiesta ST-2
Rocket league is great fun until you start drinking then it gets increasingly frustrating. New basketball mode coming soon too!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Left 4 dead 2 is now backwards compatibile, awesome game. Not checked yet but afaik if you played the game on your 360 it should be in your game library on the Xbox one.. Not sure how it works and I've not checked yet.

Had a lot of fun on this game so may give it a blast soon. Saw Just Cause 2 for under £3 on the xbox store recently too, I know 3 is out now but looks good fun for anyone into that type of game.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Lol no good? I loved the past couple but watched some gameplay and it looked a bit boring.
Na it was decent. But basically finished it a few weeks back and it just sat there. Ordered the division now after everyone raving about it. I played the beta and wasn't impressed. But will give it a go.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
This is why I rent games, play them till completion and then get the next game I want. Depreciation FTL :p

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Not worth t for me. Not enough Decent games come out month to month to warrant it. I buy a good game, complete it and sell it. Then I don't use the Xbox till another good game comes out. Sometimes a few months apart.