ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Polo + Micra
I appreciate Im the minority, but Its a games console to me. Always will be. I dont want it to replace anything, or be a home entertainment hub. I want a controller, and a single player game I can lie in bed playing.

Its all "all in one, there's an app for that, download this for your social network etc" now. And it appears the games are suffering because of it.

For all the effort they've put into the none gaming stuff, they could have actually bothered to make more than 14 tracks and 200 cars for Forza for example.

MS just do the hardware and OS the rest is up the game developers.

yeah some stuff is a gimmick but i like the idea of watching tv and seeing game invites pop up and being able to jump back to the game.

i've still had nothing from shopto but my order is showing as complete in my account.

AK

M240i
Review from theregister.co.uk

Updates will undoubtedly follow. Just plugging the darn thing in for the first time triggers a 1.3GB patch download, and there will be more of these down the line.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Review from theregister.co.uk

Yeah, the initial download was 333MB, but they've since added "Record that" replay theatre features and other software installations which aren't on the out-of-the-box system.

Revels Mum & Sister
Amazon Money has been taken and now preparing dispatch and my other one instore at Asda has arrived where the old dear can get 10% off YAY! Was going to punt one off for profit but the Newphew is having it now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Amazon Money has been taken and now preparing dispatch and my other one instore at Asda has arrived where the old dear can get 10% off YAY! Was going to punt one off for profit but the Newphew is having it now.

How nice of you Cwissy. Could have made a bloody fortune on that too.

Revels Mum & Sister
I know tell me about it :( I did it precisely to make some coin. Back fired didnt it. I dont dare look what they are currently selling for to be honest :(

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I know tell me about it :( I did it precisely to make some coin. Back fired didnt it. I dont dare look what they are currently selling for to be honest :(

Are they not gonna be easy to get hold of and therefor just going for retail?

Or have they been making a fortune online?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Are they not gonna be easy to get hold of and therefor just going for retail?

Or have they been making a fortune online?

Main suppliers can't ship until Christmas, so many machines are going for a lot of money to beat the wait.

Evo 5 RS
Three good things have come out of Crytek. Cry Engine in general, Crysis and the original Farcry.

They don't really have a track record for making good games. Just good looking ones.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Dammit - the Day One update download has been pulled from the Microsoft site. :( Was hoping to use that instead of waiting for ages to download over the 'Net on launch day. Pah!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Dammit - the Day One update download has been pulled from the Microsoft site. :( Was hoping to use that instead of waiting for ages to download over the 'Net on launch day. Pah!

I think it's maybe because the patch is growing in size and will need to be larger now. Maybe updating it.

Nippy white cup
Just sorted mine out at lunch

Launch console with fifa free, Forza Steelbook edition, BF4 China Rising and a charger. Working half day so picking up at lunch and away I go :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Must be people who never confirmed their preorder.

Yeah I'm assuming so. Not sure how many they'll have but even if it was 1 or 2 they'd still advertise it I guess.

Probably more like 200+.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Random one - will my turtle beach headset work on the new console?

HIghly unlikely I imagine.

Doubtful.

You'll be able to feed it with optical audio OK so you'll get sound without issue, but any current gen chat/voice lead doesn't look like it'll work with the new controller.

I'm hoping an alternate lead will be available for my TBs...if not I'll go for a different brand of headset for the XBONE.

AK

M240i
Mark, there's confirmation somewhere that a chat lead adapter is coming early 2014 to allow old headsets to work.